PDA

View Full Version : USC's numero uno, who's really number two?

big daddy russ
09-01-2005, 03:52 PM
Got a kick out of this article (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=2148696) by Pat Forde of ESPN.

Who do you think is number two? I think Virginia Tech (sort of a sleeper team) goes to the Rose Bowl.

sahen
09-01-2005, 03:54 PM
it is gonna be funny if Hawaii beats USC this weekend....

AggieJohn
09-01-2005, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by sahen
it is gonna be funny if Hawaii beats USC this weekend....

prolly not going to happen

sahen
09-01-2005, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
prolly not going to happen
couldve said that about every game they have played but 2 the last 2 years....Hawaii has more oppurtunity than most of USC's conference to knock them off....plus they have the whole new season, no one knows what u got factor working for them....

Pmoney
09-01-2005, 04:26 PM
i still think if Texas beats Ohio State in Columbus they will beat every other team on their schedule

KTJ
09-01-2005, 04:28 PM
Hawaii has got as good of a shot as anyone. USC didn't exactly blow out all of their opposition last year. (see: Oregon State)

June Jones (the HC at Hawaii) is a great coach who knows his stuff. If USC isn't prepared and gets caught up in the hype of being in Honolulu, then watch out.

Hey Russ--

Rumor has it that the Sugar Bowl (BCS) will possibly be moved to Reliant in Houston.

sahen
09-01-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

June Jones (the HC at Hawaii) is a great coach who knows his stuff. If USC isn't prepared and gets caught up in the hype of being in Honolulu, then watch out.

I'm glad im not the only one that has thought this...It isn't likely but it is college football, upsets happen every weekend and while all of USC is caught up in Leinart's love life and dancing classes they could get caught off guard...

KTJ
09-01-2005, 04:33 PM
I'm glad im not the only one that has thought this...It isn't likely but it is college football, upsets happen every weekend and while all of USC is caught up in Leinart's love life and dancing classes they could get caught off guard...

Exactly.

Sahen, I may call on you to get me a ticket to the BU/Texas game. :D

Pmoney
09-01-2005, 04:34 PM
I also think that Hawaii has a chance of beating USC....IMO USC is not as great as the hype says they are....

AggieJohn
09-01-2005, 05:24 PM
couldve said that about every game they have played but 2 the last 2 years....Hawaii has more oppurtunity than most of USC's conference to knock them off....plus they have the whole new season, no one knows what u got factor working for them....
it's like saying baylor will beat texas this year

sahen
09-01-2005, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
it's like saying baylor will beat texas this year
Hawaii has a better chance of beating USC than Baylor beating Texas....

big daddy russ
09-01-2005, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Hawaii has got as good of a shot as anyone. USC didn't exactly blow out all of their opposition last year. (see: Oregon State)

Hey Russ--

Rumor has it that the Sugar Bowl (BCS) will possibly be moved to Reliant in Houston.
Hey, if I can get tix I'll be there. If you decide to show up let's do a meet greet. Maybe, just maybe, Auburn will be there. :D

Keith7
09-02-2005, 12:42 PM
you guys are retarded.. remember last year when you guys said the Pac-10 was crap and how Oklahoma would prove that in the championship.. what happened?? I don't understand how you people could even think that a team that lost to fresno state 70-14, and has a brand new QB running a Pass heavy offense could beat the number 1 team in that nation..

get real people, just because texas isn't number 1, that doesn't make USC un-prepared..

AggieJohn
09-02-2005, 12:48 PM
USC will repeat

KTJ
09-02-2005, 01:40 PM
USC won't repeat and the Pac 10 is crap. After USC, who is there---NO ONE. Oregon, who is supposedly the 2nd best team in the Pac 10, almost got beat by Houston....freakin Houston.

schu1213
09-02-2005, 01:42 PM
The pac 10 is not crap. The fact that usc is in it makes it good. They will kill everyone this year. No one can compete with them.

KTJ
09-02-2005, 01:54 PM
No on can compete with USC is an idiotic statement. They almost lost to Stanford (31-28), Cal (23-17), Oregon State (28-20), and UCLA (29-24). The didn't exactly "kill" everyone last year so I don't know what makes you think they will this year.

And yes, the Pac 10 is crap. It's USC and ASU. After that, it's a crapshoot.

Keith7
09-02-2005, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

And yes, the Pac 10 is crap. It's USC and ASU. After that, it's a crapshoot.

I guess you forgot about the last team that actually beat USC.. CAL!! Sure the Pac-10 isn't the greatest conference in the universe, but start thinking outside of Texas.. Have an open mind, I could just as easily say, besides Texas and OU the big 12 is a crapshoot..

I had alot of respect for you and your knowledge of college football, but you just saying teams are crappy because they are on the west coast shows me your ignorance in college football west of Lubbock

schu1213
09-02-2005, 02:03 PM
Can you honestly tell me that there is a team out there that has as much talent than usc. They are by far the best team out there and they will be for years to come. Every confrence has a few great teams and then the rest are not that good.

KTJ
09-02-2005, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
I guess you forgot about the last team that actually beat USC.. CAL!! Sure the Pac-10 isn't the greatest conference in the universe, but start thinking outside of Texas.. Have an open mind, I could just as easily say, besides Texas and OU the big 12 is a crapshoot..

I had alot of respect for you and your knowledge of college football, but you just saying teams are crappy because they are on the west coast shows me your ignorance in college football west of Lubbock

I don't think I've said that "west coast football" is crappy and no I don't have an ignorance for it. You've named one team, which brings the total to 3. What other "west coast team" can compete with the Big 12, ACC, SEC, or Big 10?

Surely your post was in jest.

And since when did you become a big Cal/Pac 10 fan? Cal got demolished by Tech and they won't be very good this year either.

schu1213
09-02-2005, 02:09 PM
This wasnt a question of which confrence was best from top to bottom. If that was the case it would be the sec by the way. The question was who is number two because clearly usc is one.

Keith7
09-02-2005, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
I don't think I've said that "west coast football" is crappy and no I don't have an ignorance for it. You've named one team, which brings the total to 3. What other "west coast team" can compete with the Big 12, ACC, SEC, or Big 10?

Surely your post was in jest.

And since when did you become a big Cal/Pac 10 fan? Cal got demolished by Tech and they won't be very good this year either.

You might laugh, but I believe that Boise State could compete in the Big-12, but if we are looking at Pac-10 teams, how about UCLA, They are returning almost thier entire offense including QB Drew Olson 2500 passing yards 20 TDs 12 Ints, and RB Maurice Drew 160-1007 yards.. Oregon isn't too shabby, IF they can get their defense to do SOMETHING, they could make alittle noise, they have a VERY good offense when it is clicking.. If you think these teams can't compete w/ Baylor, Missouri, Kansas, Kansas St. or even Ok. State, you must be drunk.. sure Stanford, Washington, Washington St., are mediocre teams at best, but they are just as good if not better then big-12 teams I mentioned.. If the Pac-10 is weak, well i have news for you, so is the Big-12.. Maybe its a compliment to the Pac-10 that those teams were able to compete w/ USC last season after seeing what USC did to the Big-12's BEST team..

Those are just my opinions though..

Oh and watch out for Cal this year, they have a STUD Running back stepping in for them this year, he is exciting to watch he had 631 yards on just 71 attempts last year..