PDA

View Full Version : survivors in Midland??

panther power
09-01-2005, 03:17 PM
I just heard on the radio on a recruitment add for Red Cross that survivors from the hurricane have already made their way to the Midland/Odessa area and are staying in shelters for the time being. God Bless them all.......

pirate4state
09-01-2005, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by panther power
I just heard on the radio on a recruitment add for Red Cross that survivors from the hurricane have already made their way to the Midland/Odessa area and are staying in shelters for the time being. God Bless them all....... are you serious? why so far west? :thinking:

Phil C
09-01-2005, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
are you serious? why so far west? :thinking:

Probably so they can be as far away from the coast so they won't have to experience another hurricane again. I can't blame them either.

panther power
09-01-2005, 03:25 PM
I really don't know. I was at a loss for words when I forst heard this. The radio add was asking for help and for people who wanted to go to training in a 2 week program so they could go assist in the cleanup.

Ranger Mom
09-01-2005, 04:35 PM
This was in my email this morning: I called and verified that it was the truth.

I'm sending this email to everyone to let you know that the Hilton Midland Plaza is setting up a food, clothing, etc drive for the hurricane victims. As you all know the hurricane has destroyed just about everything along the coast including our sister property hotels. Our hotel will be placing 17 families here until they are able to go back to there homes. We are asking for everyone's help with food, clothing and necessities. We are teaming up with a food bank that will be shipping all the items donated to those areas. I know these families will greatly appreciate anything we can do for them. Please let me know if your interested in helping out. One last thing if you don't mind passing this email on to people in your contact network. The announcements will be made on every radio station and news station in our area. If you have any questions, please feel free to call me at 432-683-0471. I hope you are all having a great day and I looking forward to visiting with you soon.

Sincerely,

Jennifer Birkla
Business Travel Sales Manager
Hilton Midland Plaza
117 W Wall
Midland, Texas 79703

432-683-0471 Direct
432-683-0452 Fax

Ranger05
09-01-2005, 04:41 PM
I really don't know. I was at a loss for words when I forst heard this. The radio add was asking for help and for people who wanted to go to training in a 2 week program so they could go assist in the cleanup. where do u go for the 2 week training program

GWOOD
09-02-2005, 12:56 AM
I just heard on the radio on a recruitment add for Red Cross that survivors from the hurricane have already made their way to the Midland/Odessa area and are staying in shelters for the time being. God Bless them all.......

While we may be preparing for the survivors, I can't imagine any of them being here yet. The headlines at USA Today states that refugees finally arrived at the Astrodome early Thursday morning.

I am amazed though at the number of people in Midland who are ready to go and do something to help. IN crises, aside from some low-life looters, the United States is at is best.