PDA

View Full Version : Saints to play Home games in SA

SintonFan_inAustin
09-01-2005, 02:18 PM
NFL commissioner released statement Saints will not play in Super Dome this Season, All home games will be in SA

Old Green
09-01-2005, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
NFL commissioner released statement Saints will not play in Super Dome this Season, All home games will be in SA Cool. I have to get me ssome tickets.:clap:

pirate4state
09-01-2005, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
Cool. I have to get me ssome tickets.:clap: Me too, me too!!! woo-hoo!!! Saints vs. Falcons!! :thumbsup:

AggieJohn
09-01-2005, 02:46 PM
whoop!!!

Phil C
09-01-2005, 02:50 PM
I know we all regret the circumstances but this is great for South Texas and I hope they have sellouts. This could help us get a permanent NFL team in South Texas if we show great support.

Phil C
09-01-2005, 02:58 PM
Bad news! I was just told that the games would be in Baton Rouge and that they were just going to practice in the Alamo Dome. :(

Bullaholic
09-01-2005, 03:03 PM
I am happy for both the Saints and all south Texas pro football fans. I think when they see how much a pro football team is appreciated in the SA area, it will speed up the process of a permanent SA pro football franchise. However, I will say this---the SA fans would have to really kick it up a notch to beat the enthusiasm of NO fans--they have supported that franchise rabidly for 35 years and they have been to the playoffs only once or twice.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-01-2005, 03:06 PM
yea Fox news stated the nfl commissioner said they be playing there home games in SA but just saw his news conference he just mention they be practicing in SA for now but nothing setup for there home games yet. NFL Live show a peice of his conference

MARLINDOGS
09-01-2005, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Bad news! I was just told that the games would be in Baton Rouge and that they were just going to practice in the Alamo Dome. :( And i was getting excited about watching them there.

pirate4state
09-01-2005, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
yea Fox news stated the nfl commissioner said they be playing there home games in SA but just saw his news conference he just mention they be practicing in SA for now but nothing setup for there home games yet. NFL Live show a peice of his conference http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/lisaann/tsmthud.gif awww, man!!

SintonFan_inAustin
09-01-2005, 03:18 PM
that stadium holds 90,000 but havent seen or heard they made Baton Rouge there home place, NFL said there undecided still

AggieJohn
09-01-2005, 03:28 PM
guarantee you in 2 years they have a franchise if this goes on with out a major glitch

cdlvj
09-02-2005, 07:22 AM
SA does not have the economy to support a NFL team, and they already rumblings that if an NFL team came, that a new stadium would need be built.