PDA

View Full Version : Thread Piracy

sinton66
09-01-2005, 11:43 AM
I'm getting complaints about this again. Apparently we need to touch on this subject once again.

While not exactly against board rules, piracy is considered to be bad board manners, especially during football season when people are trying to have intelligent discussions about FOOTBALL. We all need to strive to respect our fellow posters and to keep the threads on subject whenever we can. ALL of us are guilty of it at times, and yes, that includes even me.

Everyone should also strive to make the subject of your threads indicate whether or not it is about football so that those serious footballers don't click on it if they prefer not to. It really is a matter of common courtesy.

AggieJohn
09-01-2005, 12:06 PM
i don't understand

LH Panther Mom
09-01-2005, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
i don't understand

http://www.smilieland.com/graphics3/01_weblogo_open_eyes.gif

It means if a thread is about the "lighting of the UT tower", don't drag A&M into it. That's one specific thread that comes to mind.

AggieJohn
09-01-2005, 12:14 PM
how is that piracy. You make it sound like we are spammers

sinton66
09-01-2005, 12:27 PM
When folks jump in and make off the wall comments and drag the central theme of a thread way off the central issue, it is considered piracy. What it eventually causes is those who are serious football fans tend to tire of it quickly and quit posting and eventually go elsewhere to have their football related discussions.

There are no "threats" contained here, and none should be inferred. We're merely asking for some common courtesy.

JasperDog94
09-01-2005, 01:16 PM
Sinton66 - from Sinton

Sinton's mascot - Pirates

Sinton66 starts thread entitled - Thread Piracy

Coincidence or Conspiracy?

pirate4state
09-01-2005, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Sinton66 - from Sinton

Conspiracy against the Sinton Pirates!! ;) :D

Owen B
09-01-2005, 01:45 PM
I advocate zero tolerance in this case. All pirates and supporters of pirates should be immediately banned.

;)

AggieJohn
09-01-2005, 02:09 PM
MUTINY!!!!!

GWOOD
09-01-2005, 02:22 PM
Sinton66 - from Sinton

Conspiracy against the Sinton Pirates!!

I advocate zero tolerance in this case. All pirates and supporters of pirates should be immediately banned.

MUTINY!!!!!

Great example of piracy!

RBARKER
09-02-2005, 10:02 AM
Hey we are playing the Vidor Pirates tonight. This is getting out of control :eek:

Supertilley
09-02-2005, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by GWOOD
Great example of piracy!

Not really. If the thread is titled piracy, then it's should contain piracy. Maybe not. Kinda confused now.

Ranger Mom
09-02-2005, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Supertilley
Not really. If the thread is titled piracy, then it's should contain piracy. Maybe not. Kinda confused now.

ARGHHHHHH!!!!

(Sorry, i couldn't resist)!!:D

SintonFan_inAustin
09-02-2005, 03:06 PM
http://img85.exs.cx/img85/6964/sbpirate_e0.gif

slpybear the bullfan
09-02-2005, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by GWOOD
Great example of piracy!

Thank you, I was just fixing to post that!

IHStangFan
09-02-2005, 05:43 PM
Sinton66 - from Sinton

Coincidence or Conspiracy? LOL....touchet salesman!!

pirate4state
08-08-2006, 09:52 AM
bump! :D

Adidas410s
08-08-2006, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
bump! :D

trying to incriminate yourself again?

pirate4state
08-08-2006, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
trying to incriminate yourself again? No.

Adidas410s
08-08-2006, 10:07 AM
No.

liar...

vBulletin Message
Sorry! The administrator has specified that users can only post one message every 30 seconds.

:mad: vBulletin Message
Sorry! The administrator has specified that users can only post one message every 30 seconds.

:mad: :mad: vBulletin Message

pirate4state
08-08-2006, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
liar... http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/slap.gif I know you are!

Bullaholic
08-08-2006, 10:31 AM
I would like to add my support to this request to stay "on message" within football-related threads---especially when the season starts. There are not many posters on the Downlow whose posts I do not genuinely appreciate and enjoy, but the board suffers when good football subject threads are prematurely cut off by wanton thread piracy. Like 66', I've done my share of "jumping in" with an off-the-wall comment in the middle of a serious football thread---but I am going to try to discontinue this in the future. The Downlow does not have dedicated sections for thread subjects, so it is even more critical for us to resist the temptation to add an "off-subject" comment to an obviously serious and interesting football discussion. I think the declining lack of participation by some knowlegeable football posters from all areas of the state is a "wake-up" call for all of us.
I am not "fussing"---- I am making an appeal, and if we all work hard to show restraint I think we will all be beneficiary of increased participation and mutual respect in football threads and retain our credibility as one of the best sources for discussion of 3A Texas High School football.

Ranger Mom
08-08-2006, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I would like to add my support to this request to stay "on message" within football-related threads---especially when the season starts. There are not many posters on the Downlow whose posts I do not genuinely appreciate and enjoy, but the board suffers when good football subject threads are prematurely cut off by wanton thread piracy. Like 66', I've done my share of "jumping in" with an off-the-wall comment in the middle of a serious football thread---but I am going to try to discontinue this in the future. The Downlow does not have dedicated sections for thread subjects, so it is even more critical for us to resist the temptation to add an "off-subject" comment to an obviously serious and interesting football discussion. I think the declining lack of participation by some knowlegeable football posters from all areas of the state is a "wake-up" call for all of us.
I am not "fussing"---- I am making an appeal, and if we all work hard to show restraint I think we will all be beneficiary of increased participation and mutual respect in football threads and retain our credibility as one of the best sources for discussion of 3A Texas High School football.

I agree...we have plenty of "non-football" posts all year round, no reason to hi-jack a football one, IMO!

Emerson1
08-08-2006, 10:35 AM
It's really only a small group of people that do it.

pirate4state
08-08-2006, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

:clap: I will be on my best behavior once football starts!! :)

pirate4state
08-08-2006, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
It's really only a small group of people that do it. While this may be true, I'm sure eveyone has been guilty of it at some point.

footballgal
08-08-2006, 10:41 AM
Board administrators, should consider adding a Sports Pub Forum, like they have with the Coaching Jobs. It works on the RGV Sports Discussion Board. Anything not related to football is NOT posted on the Football forum as a rule. the Sports Pub discussion can be about anything. There is even some for volleyball, soccer and most other sports men and women sports. I am sure Phil C, would appreciate that.

check it out.

http://www.rgvsports.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

Bullaholic
08-08-2006, 10:41 AM

Some people's "best" behavior is worse than some other's "worst". :D :inlove:

LH Panther Mom
08-08-2006, 10:44 AM
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

:hand: Doubt it.... :p

Emerson1
08-08-2006, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by footballgal
Board administrators, should consider adding a Sports Pub Forum, like they have with the Coaching Jobs. It works on the RGV Sports Discussion Board. Anything not related to football is NOT posted on the Football forum as a rule. the Sports Pub discussion can be about anything. There is even some for volleyball, soccer and most other sports men and women sports. I am sure Phil C, would appreciate that.

check it out.

http://www.rgvsports.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi People won't like that, don't want a different forum for every single topic.

Ranger Mom
08-08-2006, 10:46 AM
People won't like that, don't want a different forum for every single topic.

I have to agree......for this bunch it is too devisive (is that a word??)

pirate4state
08-08-2006, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

:hand: Doubt it.... :p :devil: :devil:

j_dog
08-08-2006, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Owen B

;)
HANGED! :D

footballgal
08-08-2006, 11:18 AM
People won't like that, don't want a different forum for every single topic.
Don't have to be, just add ONE additonal, like the Sports Pub forum.