jmcgee
09-01-2005, 11:16 AM
UT all the way.

piratebg
09-01-2005, 11:16 AM
Definitely Big 12

handNthedirt
09-01-2005, 11:30 AM
good to see the longhorn optimism, but after the horns get thumped by the sooners and ags, they'll have no chance at the national championship! even if they do make it to the big dance, usc will embarrass the most overrated team in the nation on national tv...all while i'm grilling longhorn steaks.

gobbler grad
09-01-2005, 11:54 AM
Go Horns...this is your year...:clap:

SnyTigBaseB07
09-01-2005, 11:57 AM
go Baylor Bears baby!!!!!!!!!!! lol im extremely optimistic

LeonJr
09-01-2005, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by SnyTigBaseB07
go Baylor Bears baby!!!!!!!!!!! lol im extremely optimistic

da bears!:clap:

injuredinmelee
09-01-2005, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
good to see the longhorn optimism, but after the horns get thumped by the sooners and ags, they'll have no chance at the national championship! even if they do make it to the big dance, usc will embarrass the most overrated team in the nation on national tv...all while i'm grilling longhorn steaks.

The ags? Can we all say overrated. You have the second shadiest coach in all the world.

Gp83
09-01-2005, 12:10 PM
but after the horns get thumped by the sooners and ags,

http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/lisaann/hysterical.gif

DrinkDuff
09-01-2005, 12:11 PM
Go Canes!!

But I voted for the PAC 10 because I think USC will win it again with 2 close games along the way (Im not predicting which ones though ).

Hannibal
09-01-2005, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by DrinkDuff
Go Canes!!

But I voted for the PAC 10 because I think USC will win it again with 2 close games along the way (Im not predicting which ones though ).

Yeah, they're going to be close, the games start at 0-0 and the most you can score at once is 6. After that, USC won't look back until February and another National Championship.

handNthedirt
09-01-2005, 12:14 PM
i am an aggie fan, yes, but you don't hear me predicting us making a run at the national championship....year after freakin' year. mack couldn't beat stoops at tiddlywinks, and i believe this is the ags year to beat the horns, and the resurfacing of the wrecking crew of old!

AggieJohn
09-01-2005, 12:17 PM
ladies and gentlemen, it is about USC, no one will dethrone them this year again, the return way too much talent

Gp83
09-01-2005, 12:20 PM
i am an aggie fan, yes, but you don't hear me predicting us making a run at the national championship....year after freakin' year. mack couldn't beat stoops at tiddlywinks, and i believe this is the ags year to beat the horns, and the resurfacing of the wrecking crew of old!

Ain't gunna happen. m&a sunk too low and will take years to come even close to THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS. Look at this mornings paper in the sports section. I bet at least 12 of the top 25 recruits in Rival.com has committed to THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS with one (1), the # 25th committed to m&a.

blaster
09-01-2005, 12:21 PM
Call me a "homer"...Gig 'Em Ags!

handNthedirt
09-01-2005, 12:27 PM
ut out recruits "m&a"(clever by the way) and just about every other school, every year...what's new? year after year, ut has all the talent in the world, and no bling bling. mack is a better salesman than coach.

Gp83
09-01-2005, 12:37 PM
ut out recruits "m&a"(clever by the way) and just about every other school, every year...what's new? year after year, ut has all the talent in the world, and no bling bling. mack is a better salesman than coach.

No Bling Bling? I beleive TEXAS as 3 National Championships.

DrinkDuff
09-01-2005, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Gp83

UT does have those titles I give them credit for that, but its been 35 years since they won one. Thats almost as the Univ of Chicago talking about their past football glory.

KTJ
09-01-2005, 12:51 PM

I don't know why you're spewing this stuff. Longhorn fans haven't predicited a NC year after year. We know the road goes thru Dallas, which we haven't done too well in lately. So basically, you keep making stuff up, the majority of which you have no earthly clue as to what you speak.

Second, for someone's team who has lost 5 in a row to Texas, you sure are talking a lot of smack. (not to mention the overall record being at or around 72-34-2 in favor of UT) How many times have we heard Aggie fans say "this is the year we beat t.u. this is the year" just to get embarrassed again? As a matter of fact, there were serveral Aggie posters on this board, you included, who proclaimed you would beat us at DKR this past year.

I don't mind you saying that UT hasn't beaten Oklahoma, because we haven't and every UT knows that we are NOT A LOCK FOR THE MNC GAME UNTIL WE BEAT OU. We've been in this situation before and no one is making a claim to go back to Pasadena until this happens. So once again, you making up stuff is getting really old.

JasperDog94
09-01-2005, 12:55 PM
Ain't gunna happen. m&a sunk too low and will take years to come even close to THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS. Look at this mornings paper in the sports section. I bet at least 12 of the top 25 recruits in Rival.com has committed to THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS with one (1), the # 25th committed to m&a. Hey GP, let's not go there. If a few (not the majority on this board) aggies want to sound stupid and reverse letters, then let them sound retarded. BUT don't stoop to that level man. Rise above.:)

handNthedirt
09-01-2005, 12:59 PM

not a single player on ut's current roster was a twinkle in their daddy's eye the last time your horns earned the title of national champions, the same goes for my ags, but I don't spew diarrhea out of my mouth every year claiming this is our year.

Gp83
09-01-2005, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Hey GP, let's not go there. If a few (not the majority on this board) aggies want to sound stupid and reverse letters, then let them sound retarded. BUT don't stoop to that level man. Rise above.:)

I was just posting a&m that way for the disletsic (spl?) aggie posters. Seems to be a ton of them

handNthedirt
09-01-2005, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
I don't know why you're spewing this stuff. Longhorn fans haven't predicited a NC year after year. We know the road goes thru Dallas, which we haven't done too well in lately. So basically, you keep making stuff up, the majority of which you have no earthly clue as to what you speak.....

KTJ...again, and again, your whining is so predictable.

ro_tex_solja
09-01-2005, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
The ags? Can we all say overrated. You have the second shadiest coach in all the world.

Are u being serious???? the aggies arent gettin any recognition because they havent proved anything yet....but i think they will be the sleeper team this year and surprise alot of people...however i am a longhorn fan but i think the aggies are gonna have one hell of a team and that is gonna be a really exciting game

KTJ
09-01-2005, 01:12 PM
KTJ...again, and again, your whining is so predictable.

Dude, if that's the only response you have to my arguments then you really have no idea what you're talking about and you know I'm right.

Stop telling me that "i'm whining" and respond with something intelligent. Quit being a wuss.

handNthedirt
09-01-2005, 01:21 PM
fine! ut fans are the most optimistic fans on the face of the earth, which isn't a bad thing, it just gets annoying. When I say ut fan is spewing diarrhea out of the mouth year after year, obviously I'm not referring to all, how could I possibly do that accurately...it's you who takes it that way and gets defensive, robbing you of your warm and fuzzy feeling inside. I'm talking to the select few who make the prediction year after year(look at the top of the post), to my friends, who most of are horn fans, hell, I was too until Mack benched one Major for a Major spoiled rotten punk-a** kid. I call out your whining mainly because I just like getting you fired up, and if getting you fired up is wrong...I don't wanna be right!

Watch the language...lhpm

KTJ
09-01-2005, 01:36 PM
Since when is optimism a bad thing? And why do you care that UT fans are optimistic?

And I don't think it's whining. It's making a logical argument. (to which you've yet to respond to. :D)

handNthedirt
09-01-2005, 01:58 PM
the most optimistic fans on the face of the earth, which isn't a bad thing

sorry there aren't any neat pictures for you to look at, but you need to read and comprehend...until then, i'm done with you!

KTJ
09-01-2005, 02:06 PM
sorry there aren't any neat pictures for you to look at, but you need to read and comprehend...until then, i'm done with you!

Look at the pot calling the kettle black.

:rolleyes:

Hannibal
09-01-2005, 02:21 PM
I don't give a crud who wins the NC, as long as it comes home to

TEXAS

Phil C
09-01-2005, 02:29 PM
You better be careful though. Notre Dame has new dynamic coach and the rise to glory and power is just a matter of time and some folks think they may be in the national championship this year. Beware of the Fighting Irish!

Humpty
09-01-2005, 02:36 PM
Anyone that likes a Cal. team has got to be gay.

Pmoney
09-01-2005, 03:16 PM
Go TEXAS this is the year for #4

big daddy russ
09-01-2005, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Humpty
Anyone that likes a Cal. team has got to be gay.
You don't have to like USC to think they'll win a title. I think the question was "who will be National Champs," not "who's your favorite team?... insert here so you can say you think they'll be national champs."

My team's Auburn and USC's one of the only teams in college ball I absolutely hate, but I don't think Auburn will be able to overtake LSU in the SEC West, much less win a national title.

LeonJr
09-02-2005, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
You don't have to like USC to think they'll win a title. I think the question was "who will be National Champs," not "who's your favorite team?... insert here so you can say you think they'll be national champs."

My team's Auburn and USC's one of the only teams in college ball I absolutely hate, but I don't think Auburn will be able to overtake LSU in the SEC West, much less win a national title.

I understand what your saying but if thee is a team out there that you absoluty despise then "I" think you shouldn't even pick them to win the national championship. It takes the fun out of it if you root for one team but know that another will win. Leon would never root for a Cal team nor would Leon project them to win a national championship!:thinking:

cdlvj
09-02-2005, 07:31 AM

Those steaks can't be that good, tooo tough!

LeonJr
09-02-2005, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by cdlvj
Those steaks can't be that good, tooo tough!

Go Horns!

schu1213
09-02-2005, 11:02 AM
How can anyone pick against USC? They are going to dominate again this year.

handNthedirt
09-02-2005, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by schu1213
How can anyone pick against USC? They are going to dominate again this year.

SCHU, I couldn't agree more! I'd like to know who the 31 voters above think is going to take home the NC from the Big XII....I didn't know there were that many sooner fans in here!

CHS_CG
09-02-2005, 11:20 AM
of course i would LOVE TO SEE aggies do it but, any big 12 team will work for me!

schu1213
09-02-2005, 01:09 PM
This shouldnt even be a question. I mean I would love to see Texas win a nc, but USC so so loaded that it wont happen. UT wont even win the big 12 so there goes that team. And we have already seen that Ok. cant even stay on the same field as USC so there you have it.

DrinkDuff
09-02-2005, 02:32 PM
Go Ragin'Cajuns, Beat TX!!!
I know there is no way but I can always hope.

LeonJr
09-02-2005, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by DrinkDuff
Go Ragin'Cajuns, Beat TX!!!
I know there is no way but I can always hope.

You have no life...go drink your wine collers out of your coffee pot!

Tackle75
09-02-2005, 09:20 PM
Being an Aggie Fan myself, Id love to see the Ags, win it all, but it'll be hard for them to win.

Shoot last year was the best chance, had the majority of their tough games at home. This year they play OU at Norman, and Kstate at Manhattan. Colorado in Boulder, and you think Colorado doesnt remember what happended last year, when they won that game, but the ref gave it to us.

Its hard to win it all coming from the Big 12 south, so many great teams down here.

You really have to be dominant to win all your games in the conference.

I just dont think the Ags are gonna be dominant just yet, but they will be great, and fun to watch.

LeonJr
09-03-2005, 08:41 PM
Does the Ok. upset today change anyboy's mind? Not Leon's...Go Horns!