PDA

View Full Version : Bridge City vs. Liberty predictions

2futurecard'smom
09-01-2005, 09:28 AM
Anybody have any idea how this matchup will play out? Just wondering how each of these teams look going into the season.

AggieJohn
09-01-2005, 09:33 AM
liberty's secondary will pick off anything in the world you throw deep, you better try to sweep or run up the gut with them......that's my .02 cents

RBARKER
09-01-2005, 09:52 AM
Should be a good one. Liberty Impressed me with their win over Silsbe and I haven't seen BC play yet. Got to go with Liberty by 7.

BlueBlood
09-01-2005, 09:52 AM
I'll say it will be a close game and then liberty will do something stupid and BC gets the win.

2futurecard'smom
09-01-2005, 09:53 AM
I watched a little of BC's scrimmage and know we have a good qb in Dishon and he can run! I think it'll be a good game and I especially like this one as I grew up in the Liberty area and raised my daughter there, now have a son playing 8th grade football for BC so this game is one of my favorites! I think this matchup has pretty much gone back and forth in the past couple of years if I am not mistaken. Who does Liberty have at qb, has the Smart boy graduated?

hsfootballrules
09-01-2005, 09:58 AM
I am going with BC

BC 17

Liberty 7

RBARKER
09-01-2005, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by 2futurecard'smom
I watched a little of BC's scrimmage and know we have a good qb in Dishon and he can run! I think it'll be a good game and I especially like this one as I grew up in the Liberty area and raised my daughter there, now have a son playing 8th grade football for BC so this game is one of my favorites! I think this matchup has pretty much gone back and forth in the past couple of years if I am not mistaken. Who does Liberty have at qb, has the Smart boy graduated?

Smart has graduated and so has Swift their RB. I though Liberty would be down this year rebuilding, but after last week I guess not.

2futurecard'smom
09-01-2005, 11:01 AM
Remember both of those boys well! But it looks like they've got kids to step right into those shoes! I think it will be close but I think in the end BC will be on top. I hope so anyway! Good luck to BH! And just where is Jody?

HillBoy
09-01-2005, 11:38 AM
I would give BC a slight edge on Liberty.

BC 21
Liberty 20

AggieJohn
09-01-2005, 12:21 PM
i have to give BC the credit in that while i don't necessarily think last weeks win against silsbee was a fluke, because they played hard, i think that BC, who has always been more conditioned than most teams, wins this one in the long run...

Bridge City 28
Liberty 14

Compudyne
09-01-2005, 12:37 PM
Bridge City 31

Liberty 14

shellman54
09-01-2005, 01:31 PM
Bridge City 38 LIberty 32 in triple overtime. Two very good, very close teams, and both will fight hard. I just have a feeling that Liberty will lose a fumble on their possesion in the third overtime, and Bridge City will run it up the middle all the way to the goal line. How's that for a prediction?

AggieJohn
09-01-2005, 02:10 PM
that's in depth, do you know something that i don't

shellman54
09-01-2005, 02:15 PM
I know alot that you don't, but i'm sure that goes both ways..... :D

lhspanther
09-01-2005, 02:17 PM
have to go with the panthers on this one. This contest has gone back and forth in the past couple of years and i think neither team has won at home. Liberty will pound the ball up the middle and the defense will play very hard. i do have alot of respect for bridge city though, they are a tough match up for anynody.

liberty 21
BC 14

AggieJohn
09-01-2005, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by shellman54
I know alot that you don't, but i'm sure that goes both ways..... :D

Old Cardinal
09-01-2005, 02:37 PM
Liberty is loaded but so in BC, relatively speaking-- compared to the last couple of years.
They have neutralized the guy that was running off the Seniors each year and BC now has 21 Seniors out for football, I was told!. It's kind of comical in that most of these added Seniors are just helping out. They are devoted more to Running, Field Events, and Baseball to get their college scholarships. My compliments to them for joining in the football effort to give BC a little depth as the season progresses.
In my opinion, Coach Tarver is sandbagging a little. His team did a good job on Newton for a long controlled scrimmage and for the first "game situation quarter". In the second game-play quarter he pulled 8 starters on offense and 7 on defense and that may have helped Newton who kept their starters on the field, score 3 times in that quarter.
I see it two ways, if BC can stop the Panthers plunges between the tackles then BC wins with ease. If they give up some TDs and give Liberty the methodical clock control play advantage then BC has to rely on their speed to break enough long TDs to overcome Liberty. A wild guess BC 29 Liberty 14.

Jody
09-01-2005, 03:00 PM
It's hard to say what Liberty, Silsbee, or Bridge City is like. All three stunk up the field early in the season last year and all came out OK in the end. I don't like Liberty one bit, being a BH fan, but i can't see BC beating them. They are too small and not near fast enough.

Old Cardinal.....sorry there my friend, but you know me.

Old Cardinal
09-01-2005, 05:12 PM
Hi Jody, It is good to hear from you! I guess everyone sees it from a different prespective. BC was stronger at the first of last year and by the WO-S & BH games they were hobbled and short on depth.
We all were thinking it was possible to go 0-5 in preseason--instead they beat Liberty, Kirbyville, and LC-M. They lost to Jasper & Silsbee: two good teams last season.
I see Liberty as a good playoff candidate this season and I envision a real good ballgame tomorrow night.
It is interesting about the speed issue. BC has 5 that have good individual speed but cannot be noted as a team with-- overall-- speed. Size of starters is a real weakness they just don't have those big ole boys that a school of that enrollment(750) should have.
I sure hope to get together with our friends from BH at halftime; that means we both made the playoffs:clap:

lhspanther
09-01-2005, 07:38 PM
Size won't be anissue for either team i think libertys biggest lineman is 230 but he is good. Team speed, liberty does have alot of guys that run 4.7 and under that play on defense and of course they have their two speedsters foreman and beaty. But numbers don't decide a game, whoever executes and gets 11 hats to the ball will come out on top. Good luck to both teams!!!!

Jody
09-02-2005, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
Hi Jody, It is good to hear from you! I guess everyone sees it from a different prespective. BC was stronger at the first of last year and by the WO-S & BH games they were hobbled and short on depth.
We all were thinking it was possible to go 0-5 in preseason--instead they beat Liberty, Kirbyville, and LC-M. They lost to Jasper & Silsbee: two good teams last season.
I see Liberty as a good playoff candidate this season and I envision a real good ballgame tomorrow night.
It is interesting about the speed issue. BC has 5 that have good individual speed but cannot be noted as a team with-- overall-- speed. Size of starters is a real weakness they just don't have those big ole boys that a school of that enrollment(750) should have.
I sure hope to get together with our friends from BH at halftime; that means we both made the playoffs:clap:

Well said. See you in the playoffs, unless we can get over before then. If so, I will try not to wear a blue shirt agin in the middle of all that red.....geez!