PDA

View Full Version : Uil* Hypothetical Conference Alignments

jmcgee
09-01-2005, 09:18 AM
Check this site out. Allighnment would be crazy if it were to happen. go to this site http://www.fridaynighthistory.com/mockalign3.html

District303aPastPlayer
09-01-2005, 09:24 AM
the district 30 and 31 thing is funny, becuase they have Sinton in their district that they arei n right now. but they include Taft in 31... when taft is between sinton and ingleside/AP

AggieJohn
09-01-2005, 09:26 AM
Liberty in 4A!!!!!!!!!

CROSBY 1197
HOU FOREST BROOK 1124
HOU C. E. KING 1153
CLEVELAND 804
HUFFMAN-HARGRAVE 867.5
LIBERTY 708
BARBERS HILL 826
SPLENDORA 783.5

you can kiss playoffs goodbye panthers...

jmcgee
09-01-2005, 09:27 AM
Look at dis. 4-3a that would be automatic district champs for swater every year.

Phil C
09-01-2005, 09:30 AM
I would think they would want to include Taft with the 30AAA district since they would be in a district with 8 teams and the 30AAA district only has five teams. Gasoline prices may be a factor too. Still I like it that teams with 700 or more students would move up.

Black_Magic
09-01-2005, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by jmcgee
Look at dis. 4-3a that would be automatic district champs for swater every year. Problem with that is Snyder's Enrolment. We have lost about 80 -90 students .. Snyder High is now at 650 so we would still be 3a. :D

jmcgee
09-01-2005, 09:37 AM
that would be good
as much as i would like dist. champs every year it would be boring without snyder.

LogieJoeBean001
09-01-2005, 09:37 AM
I kinda like it, not only for 3a, but for 4a and 5a too!

If this were the true cutoff numbers, Cuero is only TWO students away from going to 4a. It would appear a few 3a dynasties might not be dynasties anymore. Of course this would depend on who they were in district with in 4a and how well they make the transition to 4a.

scrub c
09-01-2005, 09:40 AM
thats cool for 6A.

I mean they have already agreed to take 4 teams to the playoffs, so with 156 6A schools, that means 128 of 156 teams make the playoffs!:D

jmcgee
09-01-2005, 09:42 AM
be sure to read this part of the page: Note: Please be advised the information contained on the following pages, concerning the hypothetical alignments, is based soley on an idea. This hypothetical information only examines how a Conference 6A might affect future UIL realignments.

scrub c
09-01-2005, 09:43 AM
other thoughts,

If this were to come about, There should be only ONE team per district make the playoffs.

jmcgee
09-01-2005, 09:43 AM
I think 2 a d1 and d2 rep.

District303aPastPlayer
09-01-2005, 09:49 AM
http://www.texasbob.com/football/images/tbsta_sweetwater.jpg

BlueBlood
09-01-2005, 09:50 AM
I like it.

JasperDog94
09-01-2005, 10:03 AM
Why do people cling to the idea that there will ever be a 6A? With the distance teams already have to travel, adding another division would be murder. And with the cost of gas right now you can forget this ever happening. Just my .02 cents.

LogieJoeBean001
09-01-2005, 10:29 AM
be sure to read this part of the page: Note: Please be advised the information contained on the following pages, concerning the hypothetical alignments, is based soley on an idea. This hypothetical information only examines how a Conference 6A might affect future UIL realignments.

Yes, I did and MY comments are only hypothetical too!

GWOOD
09-01-2005, 10:40 AM
I think 2 a d1 and d2 rep.

I'm with you. It was a great move when the UIL went to two playoff teams. Have never liked the three team playoff season.

Yes, I know some of the exceptions. Greenwood got beat in the D-2 title game by a third place team. The 2004 4-3A third place representative did very well. (Sweetwater?)

scrub c
09-01-2005, 10:46 AM
JasperDog94 has a good point.

"With the distance teams already have to travel, adding another division would be murder. And with the cost of gas right now..."

LogieJoeBean001
09-01-2005, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Why do people cling to the idea that there will ever be a 6A? With the distance teams already have to travel, adding another division would be murder. And with the cost of gas right now you can forget this ever happening. Just my .02 cents.

It would appear that the numbers are just there for a possible 6a. With all those schools in 5a now, I guess some that are in the hypothetical projected 5a are probably 4a right now, but with the huge number of schools in 5a, it would "SEEM", and notice I said "SEEM" that 6a would not only be feasible but make perfect sense. Now this is not taking into consideration traveling distances or anything else, this is simply just looking at student enrollment numbers as they are shown on the website, AND taking into consideration that this is all just hypothetical, as was pointed out earlier by jcmgee.

Isn't that all any of us are doing anyway is just hypothetically talking about the hypothetical possibilites. And isn't it so much fun to hypothetically talk about hypothetical possibilites.

Please do not adjust your computer, you are in fact detecting a bit of hypothetical talk, hypothetically speaking, of course.

LogieJoeBean001
09-01-2005, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by scrub c
JasperDog94 has a good point.

"With the distance teams already have to travel, adding another division would be murder. And with the cost of gas right now..."

You know you just wanna stay in 3a and wouldn't want to have to move back into 4a in district with LaMarque, Bay City, El Campo and others. Your projected hypothetical district would have 8 teams. Would appear it would be pretty hard to take the district championship in that district.

olddawggreen
09-01-2005, 11:23 AM
Dist 27 4A, Bandera? What happend to Lake Travis and the New Braunfels schools? Hmmmm:thinking:

AggieJohn
09-01-2005, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
nail on head

sahen
09-01-2005, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
Liberty in 4A!!!!!!!!!

CROSBY 1197
HOU FOREST BROOK 1124
HOU C. E. KING 1153
CLEVELAND 804
HUFFMAN-HARGRAVE 867.5
LIBERTY 708
BARBERS HILL 826
SPLENDORA 783.5

you can kiss playoffs goodbye panthers...
believe it or not Liberty would have a chance in that district.....Forest Brook and C.E. King suck last time i checked (i could be completely wrong but back when I was in school they werent that great)...I don't know what Crosby has and the other teams we already play.....so it'd be very possible for Liberty to keep going to the playoffs, however i dont konw waht they'd do once they got in....

AggieJohn
09-01-2005, 03:27 PM
yeah but your forgetting they are a 4a team, they suck against other 4a's like Dayton and Forest Brook has speed, C.E. King is where coach whigam is at, and trust me his running the same offense that he ran here at liberty, then there is crosby they are normally a good team...it would be scary

sahen
09-01-2005, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
yeah but your forgetting they are a 4a team, they suck against other 4a's like Dayton and Forest Brook has speed, C.E. King is where coach whigam is at, and trust me his running the same offense that he ran here at liberty, then there is crosby they are normally a good team...it would be scary
y does the number 4a mystify people from liberty? its like they just went over the deep end if they get in 4a.....is it cause the only 4a team we have played in like 20 years is Dayton and they are not only on the top of 4a numbers but a annually ranked top 20 team in 4a????? Liberty could COMPETE with those teams in the proposed district, i don't think they could win the district every year but i mean they dont win the district they are in right now every year too....Barber's Hill isnt scared about moving up yet we have beat them the last 2 years...sure competition would be tuff in that distrit but i think they could compete and win it every now and then.....plus liberty is gonna grow in people and eventually will be up in amount of kids....

Pmoney
09-01-2005, 04:15 PM
That would be a hard district for snyder and wylie in 4-4A....and if this came true would we consider having this a 4A n 3A site?