PDA

View Full Version : i don't know how i feel....

AggieJohn
09-01-2005, 08:51 AM
they are telling my brother who is in the tx national guard, that they aren't calling him up to go to LA, which i thought was a for sure

bulldogbark
09-01-2005, 09:15 AM
watching the news your feel so heartbroken and helpless when you see all those people with nothing, and I feel so damm angry when I see the people taking advantage of the situation. Its like a roller coaster ride. but being America we will prevail and we will overcome this disaster.

the good Lord will bless us

Amen

AggieJohn
09-01-2005, 09:29 AM
good post

Old Green
09-01-2005, 10:05 AM
We here in Cuero, Gonzales, Victoria, Sequin, and new Braunfels know exactly how the people of Louisiana feel. It is so devastating to the human spirit. I am almost in tears thinking about them suffering. I wish I could do more to help them . I sent a donation through my company but it doesn't seem like enough.:(

2futurecard'smom
09-01-2005, 10:23 AM
These people are pouring thru our area and some are here in our local churches and believe me, any donation they get is tremendous to these poor people. The stories they tell will make you sit back and re-arrange your priorities. Things we take for granted everyday such as a house, car, and most of all, family and friends have been taken from them in a blink of an eye. I know I for one have a new outlook on everyday life. Met one lady in the church yesterday, she arrived here with only the clothes on her back and has no clue where her daughter and granddaughter are and no one can find out for her. It's the saddest thing I have ever witnessed in my life and wish I knew how to help her. God bless them all!

handNthedirt
09-01-2005, 10:51 AM
Our neighboring state looks like a third world country! I understand doing what is necessary for survival (getting food, water, and shelter), but the shooting and looting looks like something from the other side of the world...and it makes me want to puke!!!

2futurecard'smom
09-01-2005, 10:55 AM
I heard there are idiots shooting at the helicopters involved in the evacuation of the Super Dome? This sounds really bad, but my opinion is............take 'em out! Time to end this craziness once and for all and get on with the rescue effort.

2futurecard'smom
09-01-2005, 11:10 AM
I just heard that all rescue operations had to be suspended in New Orleans due to the gunfire. Also heard that instead of the National Guard being sent in, now the military is going.........anyone know if that's true?

LogieJoeBean001
09-01-2005, 11:19 AM
OMG, this just gets worse and worse. As if the storm wasn't bad enough, now idiotic people acting this way? If this is all happening the way I'm hearing it, it is a sad day for America.

May God forgive those who are behaving so badly.::weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

HillBoy
09-01-2005, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by bulldogbark
watching the news your feel so heartbroken and helpless when you see all those people with nothing, and I feel so damm angry when I see the people taking advantage of the situation. Its like a roller coaster ride. but being America we will prevail and we will overcome this disaster.

the good Lord will bless us

Amen

I know what you mean about being angry at people taking advantage of a tragedy. I heard on the news people were going door to door pretending to be the red cross taking donations and then pocketing the money. Thats some sorry people right there.

lepfan
09-01-2005, 11:44 AM
I have a student who has a lot of family in the Gulfport area (they moved from there a few years ago)...they have not heard from them...This is our "tsunami" we need to reach out to these people like we have reached out to other countries...and I think the people of the US willl again go as deep as they possibly can to make things better for our fellow citizens!

Did I hear a promise from the man in charge about a price cap on gas...or did I dream that up myself?