PDA

View Full Version : i know who i'm rooting for on the apprentice this season

AggieJohn
09-01-2005, 08:24 AM
Former Texas A&M football player and former sideline radio reporter Chris Valletta will be a contestant on Donald Trump’s original series The Apprentice 4 which will premier on Sept. 22 on NBC, the network said Wednesday.

Valletta, originally from Plano, Texas, lettered for A&M from 1997-2000. After a collegiate career that saw him play in every game, Valletta, 27, played in the NFL for New Orleans, Tennessee, and Tampa Bay.

He spent the last two football seasons serving as the radio sideline reporter for the Texas A&M Sports Network.

Trump hand-picked the cast of 18 young entrepreneurs for the next installment of the successful series.

"For the first time, I hand-picked an Apprentice cast and I'm thrilled with the results," Executive Producer Trump said in an NBC Universal news release. "This is the best reality show cast I've ever encountered. They have it all: beauty, brains, and big bucks."

Valletta earned a B.S. in speech communications and rhetoric with a minor in political science from A&M.

He currently works in advertising sales as an executive at KRLD News Radio 1080-AM in Dallas, where he was recently named "salesperson of the year," for generating over $1,500,000 in new revenue and breaking the company's 79-year record for first year sales.

During this time, he started a company called Big Tree Investments LLC., a transactional real estate company that uses land trusts to acquire and wholesale properties.

In 2004, Valletta and his wife Lacie founded C&L, Inc., which operates their 100-acre tree farm in East Texas, where they raise and harvest pine trees for long-term investment growth. He and his wife enjoy traveling and spending time on their ranch.

For more information on The Apprentice 4, go to nbc.com.

http://aggieathletics.com/images/headlines/full/valletta-apprentice.jpg

District303aPastPlayer
09-01-2005, 08:54 AM
im posing this as a serious question, not just to be an @ss... but umm.,.. are you really that engrossed and entholled with a school you no longer attend, that you base decisions on the fact that they just went to school there, and not on merits of talent and abilities of others?

AggieJohn
09-01-2005, 08:57 AM
yes i am still engrossed in texas A&M, i will be an aggie, now i do realize that i didn't graduate there, howeve i didn't leave because i didn't have the grades, i left because of the girl. i never flunked out of the school. I still financially support the schools athletic program

District303aPastPlayer
09-01-2005, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
yes i am still engrossed in texas A&M, i will be an aggie, now i do realize that i didn't graduate there, howeve i didn't leave because i didn't have the grades, i left because of the girl. i never flunked out of the school. I still financially support the schools athletic program

they got enough money, shift your financial suppot to the Islanders. They are all we got down here, and deserve every bit of support.

AggieJohn
09-01-2005, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
they got enough money, shift your financial suppot to the Islanders. They are all we got down here, and deserve every bit of support.

oh trust me i am, i really am starting to like this school, just wish i knew some folks on campus

JasperDog94
09-01-2005, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
oh trust me i am, i really am starting to like this school, just wish i knew some folks on campus Then I would spend less time on a certain message board and more time meeting people.:p :p :p

2futurecard'smom
09-01-2005, 10:15 AM
I guess I missed something here as I read the replies, but ....... I met Chris several times (daughter worked with him during the Ags home games) and he is a very nice guy and I personally wish him the best of luck in this. I think it's pretty cool knowing someone who is making it onto the show, don't think too many of us can say that, or maybe I am wrong.

tortilla_man
09-01-2005, 10:51 AM
I went to TAMUCC for a year, its a great school could do a bit better with the school spirt it lacks that alot besides that its quite an awasome school, im up at college station now so yeah school spirt is huge over here! Go Islanders!

pirate44
09-01-2005, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
i support the aggies too and i went to A&I. i'll always want to be considered a hoggie and NOT aggie though. you got a problem with that?

AggieJohn
09-01-2005, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
i support the aggies too and i went to A&I. i'll always want to be considered a hoggie and NOT aggie though. you got a problem with that?

no i like my hoagies toasted though