PDA

View Full Version : WMLS's Big Mistake!

PhiI C
08-31-2005, 10:31 PM
One of the main reason's that Women's Major League Soccer tragically failed was because they didn't consult me (and it would have been cheap too as much as I love women's soccer!:D )

They had teams around the country but alas they didn't have one in the border cities by Mexico. If they had included teams from Brownsville, McAllen, Laredo, El Paso, and San Diego, CA just to name a few they might have made it. Remember soccer is very popular in Mexico and in border cities and these places would have been a draw both on the US side and no doubt we would have had tourists from the border Mexico cities come over to watch a game. It would have been especially critical to get a good soccer player across the border city to play for the local team to create interest. I know the Mexican National team has a good player from El Paso that plays for them. That was a mistake they made playing in large cities but alas in cities that didn't appreciate them and lacked the fan support. Look at how well Laredo supports their hockey team and they are not in the big pro league. A mistake indeed by MLS that hopefully won't be repeated if they come back. Now our ladies have to play in lands and eat food they are not used to and speak in languages they hardly understand. All because they didn't consult with the Sinton Godfather!
:mad:

Snyder_TigerFan
08-31-2005, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
One of the main reason's that Women's Major League Soccer tragically failed was because they didn't consult free (and it would have been cheap too as much as I love women's soccer!:D )

That....and they don't wear skimpy outfits!

schu1213
08-31-2005, 11:09 PM
man that is terrible, im sure you and the other 10 people that follow that sport are extremly upset.

PhiI C
08-31-2005, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by schu1213
man that is terrible, im sure you and the other 10 people that follow that sport are extremly upset.

Thank you schul! Hopefully (and I am sure the answer is yes) you are one of the other ten! :)

PhiI C
08-31-2005, 11:12 PM
Hey schul please be sure to go to the UT women's soccer games this fall if you can work it in since Seguin is so close to Austin. You are so fortunate! :)

schu1213
08-31-2005, 11:15 PM
man i know, youll have to keep me updated on when the games are.