PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know where I can find depth charts?

crzyjournalist03
08-31-2005, 11:23 AM
One of my classes this semester is requiring me to attend different HS games every week and announce play by play and turn in the recordings. We're supposed to have depth charts for every team we cover so that the professor knows we're actually researching the teams. Anybody know of a website or something where I can find depth charts? Most of the games I'll have to do are going to be 5A or 4A, but there will probably be a couple of 3A in there too. Any help that could be provided will be greatly appreciated!

kaorder1999
08-31-2005, 12:04 PM
most teams arent going to release their depth charts on the internet....usually if you call a head coach and explain what you need it for then sometimes they can help you out!

LeonJr
08-31-2005, 12:11 PM
Sure I guess?

AggieJohn
08-31-2005, 12:55 PM
check the chronicle's sport section, you normally can at least get a roster

DrinkDuff
08-31-2005, 02:10 PM
I know this sounds backwards. But the best way to find out a teams depth chart is to call the team they are playing and ask them. Most schools have their scouts personnel the other team. I don't see why a coach wouldnt give you the other teams personnel. I dont know if thats the best option but it is a possible one.

handNthedirt
08-31-2005, 02:13 PM
I doubt you can find a legitimate depth chart anywhere, I'd advise you to buy a program at the game and take it from there.

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-31-2005, 05:48 PM
If you report at the game, they will give you a game program in the press box. That should prove that you attended the game.

crzyjournalist03
08-31-2005, 10:07 PM
Thanks for trying guys! I sent an email to both coaches for this week's game. Unfortunately, the broadcast that I have to do is not professional and I have to do it with a tape recorder and mic from the stands, so I won't have access to the press boxes. We'll see how this week goes and if Denton Ryan and Denton High don't seem too cooperative, I may just mosey on down to Lake Dallas for their games since the school is a little smaller.