PDA

View Full Version : D-20 Volleyball

SealyLB73
08-31-2005, 10:07 AM
Does anybody know how any of the other v-ball teams in d-20 are doing this season???

-Krunk Krew

BTEXDAD
08-31-2005, 12:16 PM
I have daughter who's senior on the bellville v-ball team, sealyLB. She also does softball and did basketball in past. Jury still out as to whether she will do basketball this year.
I haven't heard anything about the other d-20 teams for volleyball as far as season results. We usually start our "scouting" process about a week b4 district starts.
Columbus lost some starters from last year, but they had good
JV team so they'll probably be decent as always.
Rice and Hempstead have good athletes, but volleyball isn't their best game. Same with navasota. Three playoff teams last year were bellville, columbus and navasota.
If sealy girls have improved, they could slip into playoffs, and not to irritate you, but I'd have to put Columbus and Bellville as two favorites as usual.
If anyone has specific info on any of the D-20 volleyball teams other than bellville and Sealy, please post.

handNthedirt
08-31-2005, 12:18 PM
volleyball??? seriously???

BTEXDAD
08-31-2005, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
volleyball??? seriously???
I realize football is king in texas, handNthedirt. I spent a lot of time watching son play a few years back, but only kid I have left in high school is a girl and she's not into cheerleading, so I spend most time in gym during late summer/early fall watching volleyball.

GUT
08-31-2005, 12:54 PM
Heard Rice beat Hallettsville last night.

handNthedirt
08-31-2005, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
I realize football is king in texas, handNthedirt. I spent a lot of time watching son play a few years back, but only kid I have left in high school is a girl and she's not into cheerleading, so I spend most time in gym during late summer/early fall watching volleyball.

I hear ya...and will feel your pain eventually, my wife and I had our first child, a daughter, a couple of months ago.

BTEXDAD
09-01-2005, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by GUT
Heard Rice beat Hallettsville last night.
That's interesting, gut.
We scrimmaged Halletsville and they're not bad. Maybe Rice will be decent this year.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-01-2005, 09:32 PM
Bellville is ranked #2 in state this week. The girls have played mostly Houston 5A schools and have done pretty good. In the houston area in 4A and others they were ranked in the top 5.