PDA

View Full Version : Madison LB out for the season.

JR2004
08-31-2005, 08:02 AM
Madison LB Corey White, a player many believe would've improved on his honorable mention all-state performance from last year, has more than likely played his last game for Madison as he's possibly suffered a torn ACL according to the DMN. It's a good thing Madison has such good depth on the defensive side of the ball because the loss of a player of this caliber can change the fortunes of many teams for the worse. I like the younger guys that Madison can throw in there in his place, but the experience factor is going to be the biggest thing to replace.

Personally I'm sad to see his high school career end like this as he's such a nice kid and he's a joy to be around as anyone who knows him can tell you. He's been nothing but a class act as long as I've known him and I pray for a swift and speedy recovery and that this won't derail his dream of playing ball in college. He was so down on the ride to his house after the game and he already pretty much knew that he tore it before the doctor confirmed it this week. Hopefully he'll make it down the long hard road to recovery and he'll be able to play again once he makes it back from this injury. I feel for him and anyone else that suffers an injury such as this. I know stuff like this is part of the game and I was lucky to have avoided such an injury when I played, but you never want to see any 16 or 17 year old kid have to go through this. I surely hope that the film showed that it was just a freak thing that happened to Corey and it wasn't on a cut block as he indicated after the game.

God Bless