PDA

View Full Version : World Aid

Rabbit'93
08-30-2005, 10:28 PM
Seeing how the US always seems to help out when disaster strikes elswhere. How many countries do you think are standing in line right now to offer aid to the victims of Katrina???

Better yet..how many celebrities are jumping at the chance to help out here just like they did during the tsunami?

Bandera YaYa
08-30-2005, 10:31 PM
I have to hope that people all over will come to their aid......but I would't put any money on it! The REd Cross has a tremendous job ahead of them.....God Bless each and every helper and God Bless those helping that are victims themselves...

West22
08-30-2005, 10:42 PM
YA YA I HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU I THINK WE WILL NOT GET ANY HELP FROM OUTSIDE .I DID HERE IN DALLAS TODAY THAT THE FEED THE CHILDREN MINISTRIE FROM OKALOHAMA WAS SENDING A LOT OF FOOD AND WATER TO THE SOUTHER STATES .THEY ASK FOR DONATIONS OF NON PERSIABLE FOOD.THE RED CROSS WANTED ONLY MONEY ON THE RADIO THIS MORNING .THEY SAID THEY CANNOT GET ANYTHING ELSE IN .

Phil C
08-31-2005, 08:26 AM
I read where one country in South America (I think it might have been Venezuala) was going to send some aid to the USA but it was restricted to imigrants from their country.

JR2004
08-31-2005, 08:34 AM
I wouldn't count on too much help from our "friends" from around the world. I think a lot of countries would rather see us suffer than lift a finger to help us in our time of need. I don't expect any help, but I'm sure the next time there's a natural disaster somewhere else in the world, we'll be the first country they come calling and being the blessed and generous nation that we are, we'll respond and help them even if they don't help us out in any way, shape, or form right now.

Phil C
08-31-2005, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
I wouldn't count on too much help from our "friends" from around the world. I think a lot of countries would rather see us suffer than lift a finger to help us in our time of need. I don't expect any help, but I'm sure the next time there's a natural disaster somewhere else in the world, we'll be the first country they come calling and being the blessed and generous nation that we are, we'll respond and help them even if they don't help us out in any way, shape, or form right now.

You are right there JR. It happens everytime. Look at 09-11-01. No one offered to help repair the damage.

Maroon87
08-31-2005, 08:55 AM
I'm wondering about our own "celebrities" that were falling all over themselves to help out tsunami victims. Where are they now that their own countrymen need aid? Or do they not consider "red states" their country?:confused:

Phil C
08-31-2005, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I'm wondering about our own "celebrities" that were falling all over themselves to help out tsunami victims. Where are they now that their own countrymen need aid? Or do they not consider "red states" their country?:confused:

Probably too busy counting their money that we spend on them Maroon!

spiveyrat
08-31-2005, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
Seeing how the US always seems to help out when disaster strikes elswhere. How many countries do you think are standing in line right now to offer aid to the victims of Katrina???

Better yet..how many celebrities are jumping at the chance to help out here just like they did during the tsunami?

They're too busy pointing their fingers at us telling us we got what we deserve because we aren't on board with the Kyoto thing and thus, global warming caused this hurricane. :rolleyes:

TMer25
08-31-2005, 03:42 PM
I just saw on Fox News, that France, Germany and Russia, as well as some members of NATO, have contacted the state department offering assistance.

wos fan1
08-31-2005, 04:06 PM
Thousands feared dead just in New Orleans. :(

Bandera YaYa
08-31-2005, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by TMer25
I just saw on Fox News, that France, Germany and Russia, as well as some members of NATO, have contacted the state department offering assistance. Did you also see where have not accepted any of their offers????????????????? We need to, no shame in that! :mad:

TMer25
08-31-2005, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Did you also see where have not accepted any of their offers????????????????? We need to, no shame in that! :mad:

Yeah, now is not the time for foolish pride.

Bandera YaYa
08-31-2005, 04:55 PM
This is not intended to be potilitcal, cuz I voted for Bush...... but coming on TV TODAY and saying part of the Gulf coast is devastated, is a little too late! He should have IMMEDIATELY, flown over the destruction, and shown a little more urgency in his actions. Those poor people are STARVING, they are literally DYING out there.....and he cancels his vacation early to fly back to Washington to make a speech about it???? I'm deeply, deeply disappointed and ashamed. You are gonna start seeing killings in the street, if not already. God Bless all the victims. :mad:

Bandera YaYa
08-31-2005, 04:58 PM
...AND ALSO, now the news stations are putting touching music to pictures of the victims....a sweet little slide show.......OMG WILL YOU STOP WITH THE JUNK!!! USE THE TIME AND MONEY TO ACTUALLY HELP THEM!!! SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!! YOU ARE CLUELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

ILS1
08-31-2005, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I read where one country in South America (I think it might have been Venezuala) was going to send some aid to the USA but it was restricted to imigrants from their country.

I believe they offered fuel as well. They said they would send a tanker full of fuel!!! Hey,anything helps right now!!!

:eek:

Owen B
08-31-2005, 07:37 PM
This is not intended to be potilitcal, cuz I voted for Bush...... but coming on TV TODAY and saying part of the Gulf coast is devastated, is a little too late! He should have IMMEDIATELY, flown over the destruction, and shown a little more urgency in his actions. Those poor people are STARVING, they are literally DYING out there.....and he cancels his vacation early to fly back to Washington to make a speech about it???? I'm deeply, deeply disappointed and ashamed. You are gonna start seeing killings in the street, if not already. God Bless all the victims.
That's not anything close to all he said or did, and he didn't just begin when he arrived in Washington. Federal aid began pouring in almost immediately, and is continuing.

BTW, you may not care, but an old color blind guy like me can barely read that deep pink lettering you use. I either have to get really close to the monitor or highlight the text.

PhiI C
08-31-2005, 07:39 PM
It was foolish to refuse the aid though. That person does not speak for all Americans. :mad:

jmcgee
08-31-2005, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Probably too busy counting their money that we spend on them Maroon!
Probably counting the money they got for doing those commercials for the tsunami aid.

jmcgee
08-31-2005, 07:46 PM
I think we should bring all of our troops and everything else we have in these countries that are our so called "friends" and bring them home and if somethin like this happens to them we should just let them deal with thier own problems and we deal with ours.

Bandera YaYa
08-31-2005, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Owen B
That's not anything close to all he said or did, and he didn't just begin when he arrived in Washington. Federal aid began pouring in almost immediately, and is continuing.

BTW, you may not care, but an old color blind guy like me can barely read that deep pink lettering you use. I either have to get really close to the monitor or highlight the text. I know he started working on getting the federal agencies going right away, but he should have been there.....touring the area way before today....but just my humble opinion. I am sorry about the pink text....but it's my signature color!!!! Let me see what crimson looks like............ :thinking:omg crimson is UGLY.........can't do that!!!! Sorry!!!!!!!

Ranger05
08-31-2005, 07:56 PM
If i werent in school right now i would volunteer to go over there and work, if they still need help next semester i probably will go over there

Owen B
08-31-2005, 08:36 PM
I am sorry about the pink text....but it's my signature color!!!! Let me see what crimson looks like............ :thinking:omg crimson is UGLY.........can't do that!!!! Sorry!!!!!!!
No big deal. A quick [ctrl]-A makes it readable, even to me.

Bandera YaYa
08-31-2005, 09:34 PM
oh my goodnesss.....just showed a lady being scared of getting out of the helicopter that just rescued her.....the fear on her face tells it all....she is going out to the unknown, she doesn't know what is outside there.....I don't see how people are coping with all this tragedy.....so sad :(

Phil C
09-01-2005, 08:15 AM
I wonder why some of our middle east "friends" are not helping out with sending us some cheap oil. If something happened to them they would be holding their hands out for our aid.

LH Panther Mom
09-01-2005, 01:49 PM
I just received an email regarding CNN breaking news: New Orleans hospital halts patient evacuations after coming under sniper fire, a doctor who witnessed the incident says. :(

spiveyrat
09-01-2005, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I just received an email regarding CNN breaking news: New Orleans hospital halts patient evacuations after coming under sniper fire, a doctor who witnessed the incident says. :(

Shooting at people just for the hell of it? :rolleyes: WHY?