PDA

View Full Version : Far West Texas Standings & Games

GWOOD
08-30-2005, 05:14 PM
Not many strong teams in these three districts. Canyon is looking powerful. How good is Muleshoe? Monahans? These three districts went 4-11 last week. Let's go West Texas

1-AAA Standings & Last Week’s Games
Canyon 1-0 49 0 (Canyon 49 4A Amarillo Cap Rock 0)
Borger 0-1 27 40 (2A Childress 40 Borger 27)
Dalhart 0-1 7 28 (2A Sanford-Fitch 28 Dalhart 7)
Perryton 0-1 19 28(4A Pampa 28 Perryton 19
River Road 0-1 0 21 (2A Panhandle 21 Amarillo River Road 0)

Next Week’s Games
Borger at 4A Amarillo Cap Rock
Seminole at Canyon
Dalhart at 4A Dumas
Guymon, OK at Perryton
2A Canadian at Amarillo River Road

2-AAA Standings & Last Week’s Games
Littlefield 1 0 40 6 (Littlefield 40 2AAbernathy 6)
Muleshoe 1 0 35 0 (Muleshoe 35 2A Friona 0)
Brownfield 0 1 0 28 (2A Shallowater 28 Brownfield 0)
L Cooper 0 1 6 40 (Sweetwater 40 Lubbock Cooper 6)
Levelland 0 1 3 56 (Snyder 56 Levelland 3)

Next Week’s Games
2A Shallowater at Littlefield
2A Kermit at Brownfield
Muleshoe at 2A Sanford-Fitch
Lamesa at Cooper
Graham at Levelland

3-AAA Standings & Last Week’s Games
Monahans 1 0 28 0 (Monahans 28 Merkel 0)
Greenwood 0 0 0 0 (Midland Greenwood – Open)
Ft. Stockton 0 1 7 25 (2A Colorado City 25 Ft. Stockton 7)
Lamesa 0 1 7 56 (2A Denver City 56 Lamesa 7)
Pecos 0 1 6 55 (Midland Christian 55 Pecos 6)
Seminole 0 1 25 27 (2A Post 27 Seminole 25

Next Week’s Games
4A El Paso Burges @ Fort Stockton
Abilene Wylie at Midland Greenwood
Lubbock Cooper at Lamesa
Monahans Open
Pecos at 2A Denver City
Seminole at Canyon

Da Mules
08-30-2005, 09:08 PM
How good is Muleshoe? Well, would make a heck of a R1 2a team... I sometimes wonder if our schedule isn't kind of preparing for a drop into 2a next realignment? I mean there are some good 2a schools on the slate this year, but I'm not sure if that prepares you for a game with a 4a dropdown like Sweetwater or Snyder. A lot of Muleshoe's traditional rivals have already dropped into 2a, so some games are kinda for old times sake.

This year, nearly all da Mules offense is back, and looks to be even better than last year. Quite a bit more of a passing threat, and still can run that Hammer 26. Defense...several kids have stepped up. Still kinda hurtin from graduating 2nd team all-stater linebacker E Nunez; nobody is quite filling those shoes. Definitely cannot afford very many injuries at all; we really are a small school. Muleshoe may have 3a enrollment, but the truth is there is a considerable migrant population enrollment, and not much participation from the migrants.. not that I can blame them for that. How can you play football if you've moved around all your life. As usual, nearly every Mule starter has to play both ways.

In brief, da Mules look good enough to win 2-3a outright, and go 2 rounds in the playoffs. As it looks right now, I don't think they can handle S'water or Snyder in the 2nd round...not enough defense. Hope I'm wrong about that...the 2000 team didn't look all that spectacular until playoff time hit, and then they caught fire. The game does have to be played on the field not here on the downlow, and there's lots of football before the playoffs. If you look at the brackets; we will probably meet the D2 1st place team from 4-3A in the 2nd round. Time will tell!

Da Mules
08-31-2005, 08:18 PM
ttt

MuleFan, what's your honest take?

Let's talk about West Texas football

VWG
09-01-2005, 06:59 AM
With realignment coming up this year, it will be interesting to see how many West Texas teams drop into 2A and 4A schools (Big Spring, Andrews, etc...) that could drop into 3A.

Black_Magic
09-01-2005, 08:59 AM
I can see Andrews maybe droping. Bigspring is too big to drop. Wylie I hear has about 1000 right now. so they will most likely move 4a.

GWOOD
09-01-2005, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by VWG
With realignment coming up this year, it will be interesting to see how many West Texas teams drop into 2A and 4A schools (Big Spring, Andrews, etc...) that could drop into 3A.

3A to 2A - possibly Muleshoe, I don't see anyone else from 3A moving down in West Texas.

Originally posted by Black-Magic
I can see Andrews maybe droping. Bigspring is too big to drop. Wylie I hear has about 1000 right now. so they will most likely move 4a.

I don't know what enrollment in Andrews looks like. I know that last year Abilene Wylie had more kids on the sidelines for Varsity/JV/Freshman than Andrews. However, for 10 years the talk goes around about Abilene Wylie going to 4A. Somehow they always find themselves just under the dividing line. One two year period, they were the largest 3A enrollment.

mulefan
09-01-2005, 09:32 AM
I DONT SEE THE MULES DROPPING TO 2A UNLESS WE GET A SUDDEN RUSH OF PEOPLE MOVING OUT. AND YOUR RIGHT DA MULES, ALMOST ALL OF THE NEW NUMBERS ARE MIGRANT KIDS A LOT CLAIM TO MAKE HERE THEIR NEW HOME BUT WE WILL SEE. I THINK OUR MULES DEFENSE LOOKS GOOD CONSIDERING WE LOST SOME KEY GUYS. THE OFFENSE HAS MANY WEAPONS I THINK WE WILL SEE THROUGHOUT THE WEEKS AND FINALLY CLOSER TO END OF DISTRICT THE PLAN WILL COME TOGETHER AND SHOULD BE ROLLING. THAT DISTRICT THAT HAS SNYDER, SWEETWATER AND WYLIE IS TOUGH AND THEY HAVE SOME GOOD ATHLETES. WE DO WITH WHAT WE GOT AND WERE PRETTY DANG GOOD. I THINK IS ONLY GONNA GET BETTER.