PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the great "faithful" on the 3ADL?

Bullaholic
08-30-2005, 10:25 AM
Seems like we are missing hearing from many of the dedicated "faithful" in talking about their teams and upcoming games--- I like the in-depth and sometimes "spirited"(within limits) discussions between groups of rival fans. Saw a 2000+ view on a Sinton game thread last season. The Cuero bunch puts up similar numbers. Where are the "bulk" of these posters prior to game day this season?:

WO-S
Jasper
Abilene-Wylie
Decatur
Graham
Gainesville- (HSF and KTJ do carry the ball here)
Sweetwater
Snyder
Vernon

LHMom
08-30-2005, 10:27 AM
Even though they aren't 3A anymore, I think these folks are the same place Burnet fans are.

IHStangFan
08-30-2005, 11:17 AM
LOL....the Sinton -vs- Ingleside thread wasnt it? that one got a little wild.

pirate4state
08-30-2005, 11:22 AM
I was very surprised not to see a heated WOS-Jasper thread last week. :( I guess they are "jawing" over on the Jasper board?

LeonJr
08-30-2005, 11:24 AM
I agree

Hupernikomen
08-30-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I was very surprised not to see a heated WOS-Jasper thread last week. :( I guess they are "jawing" over on the Jasper board?

Jasper and WO-S fans know better than jaw on a message board.

Mutual respect and even admiration exist between the two teams nowadays.

IHStangFan
08-30-2005, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Jasper and WO-S fans know better than jaw on a message board.

Mutual respect and even admiration exist between the two teams nowadays. werent these two of the teams last year that went at it all week before the game?? or am i mistaken?

j_dog
08-30-2005, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
werent these two of the teams last year that went at it all week before the game?? or am i mistaken?
Maybe so, but what I seem to remember is OTHER team fans mixing it up regarding the WOS-Jasper game. :D Jasper and WOS have played too many tough games against each other to do any serious trash talking. We MOSTLY all know how quickly it can come back to bite us! ;)

JasperDog94
08-30-2005, 03:58 PM
That's what I remember. Several people were kinda ticked that WOS was ranked so high last year and that's what the debate was about. Not necessarily the Jasper/WOS game itself.

j_dog
08-30-2005, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
...Several people were kinda ticked that WOS was ranked so high last year and that's what the debate was about. Not necessarily the Jasper/WOS game itself.
i think some people were ticked that WOS (and Jasper too for that matter) even exists! :D

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-30-2005, 04:10 PM
Vernon has a lot to prove to me after seeing the scrimmage with Sweetwater. They did pull out a win over Springtown and I will get a better look Friday at Altus, Oklahoma. The down year last year took it out of me especially with such high hopes.

Bullaholic
08-30-2005, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
i think some people were ticked that WOS (and Jasper too for that matter) even exists! :D

j_dog, I think the WO-S and Jasper faithful have shown that they have put last year's heated debates behind them, and have a lot of respect for each other---even though they remain intense in their team support. Every town each season is going to have a few "Village Idiots" who get carried away and embarrass themselves and their towns. To me, we ought to be able to exchange "barbs" with rivals and even talk a little good-natured "trash" now and then. The key is not to show outright disrespect for another team's players, coaches, traditions, or fans. That is the point when things turn "ugly" and get out of hand.

IHStangFan
08-30-2005, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
j_dog, I think the WO-S and Jasper faithful have shown that they have put last year's heated debates behind them, and have a lot of respect for each other---even though they remain intense in their team support. Every town each season is going to have a few "Village Idiots" who get carried away and embarrass themselves and their towns. To me, we ought to be able to exchange "barbs" with rivals and even talk a little good-natured "trash" now and then. The key is not to show outright disrespect for another team's players, coaches, traditions, or fans. That is the point when things turn "ugly" and get out of hand. whatever crybaby, the Bulls SUCK! ;) :p

you know i'm kiddin :D

Bullaholic
08-30-2005, 04:31 PM
whatever crybaby, the Bulls SUCK! ;) :p

you know i'm kiddin :D

You ain't got a gun, but you are still killin' me, IHstang.

IHStangFan
08-30-2005, 04:36 PM
You ain't got a gun, but you are still killin' me, IHstang. you arent exactly boring and flavorless either Bull, i get a laugh from reading your posts daily. entertaining fella. :)

Bullaholic
08-30-2005, 04:42 PM
you arent exactly boring and flavorless either Bull, i get a laugh from reading your posts daily. entertaining fella. :)

Well I ain't exactly Cheech or Chong, but thanks IHStang---"I love you, man" (Remember that Bud ad?)

IHStangFan
08-30-2005, 04:45 PM
Well I ain't exactly Cheech or Chong, but thanks IHStang---"I love you, man" (Remember that Bud ad?) you aint gettin my budlight

AP Panther Fan
08-30-2005, 04:50 PM
http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/happy/050.gif

awwww....you guys!:D