PDA

View Full Version : Leon Talk

LeonJr
08-30-2005, 04:57 AM
I want to hear everybody's intake on the spread vs wing T. Me personally, I have being converted to the spread. Because their are more options and you don't have to have big strong table cleaners up front to be successful. The more speed a spread team has the better chances they have to win the game. Also, as a fans stand point, it's alot more exciting to watch a spread team than a Wing T. Don't get me wrong, a part of me says that 3 yards and a cloud of dust is way to go, but times have changed.

LeonJr
08-30-2005, 10:17 AM
I guess everybody agrees? I figured some IP fans would have somthing to say.:confused:

IHStangFan
08-30-2005, 10:22 AM
you like speed and the spread, then you should take a look at Ingleside ;)

LeonJr
08-30-2005, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan

What's their schedule?

IHStangFan
08-30-2005, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by LeonJr
What's their schedule?

13 Aug. @ Kenedy (scrimmage) W
19 Aug. Three Rivers (scrimmage) W
26 Aug. Bishop W 48-0
2 Sept. @ Zapata
9 Sept. @ Orange Grove
16 Sept. @ Taft
23 Sept. Falfurrias
7 Oct. @ Aransas Pass
14 Oct. Mathis
28 Oct. @ Sinton
4 Nov. Goliad

I'd recommend either the Aransas Pass or Sinton game.

LeonJr
08-30-2005, 10:36 AM
13 Aug. @ Kenedy (scrimmage) W
19 Aug. Three Rivers (scrimmage) W
26 Aug. Bishop W 48-0
2 Sept. @ Zapata
9 Sept. @ Orange Grove
16 Sept. @ Taft
23 Sept. Falfurrias
7 Oct. @ Aransas Pass
14 Oct. Mathis
28 Oct. @ Sinton
4 Nov. Goliad

I'd recommend either the Aransas Pass or Sinton game.

I think I may drive down to Sinton Oct 28.

IHStangFan
08-30-2005, 10:38 AM
I think I may drive down to Sinton Oct 28. i'm not fortune teller...but heres how it'll play out...Ingleside will hang side by side w/ Sinton into half-time could be tied up, could be very close for either team....second half....both teams come outa the locker room, Ingleside's players continue to play both sides of the ball, Sinton fields fresh shirts and walk away w/ a win.

LeonJr
08-30-2005, 10:40 AM
i'm not fortune teller...but heres how it'll play out...Ingleside will hang side by side w/ Sinton into half-time could be tied up, could be very close for either team....second half....both teams come outa the locker room, Ingleside's players continue to play both sides of the ball, Sinton fields fresh shirts and walk away w/ a win.

Sorry to say it but I think your right:(

99IHSMustang
08-30-2005, 10:43 AM

Inglesides spread looks beautifull.. They were executing it perfectly against Bishop.

IHStangFan
08-30-2005, 10:44 AM
Sorry to say it but I think your right:( yup, Sinton's combo of a great program/coaching system, talent at almost all positions and depth make them pretty much unbeatable against the rest of the 3A teams in the area, hardly anyone around fields as many players as they do each year....and that has contributed to their success in a big way.

IHStangFan
08-30-2005, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Inglesides spread looks beautifull.. They were executing it perfectly against Bishop. It pains me to be the one to say this but.....Bishop is NOT Sinton....i'll be a little more comfortable saying "yeah, we got a shot at Sinton" if the Stangs show out strong against Zapata this week.

LeonJr
08-30-2005, 10:45 AM
yup, Sinton's combo of a great program/coaching system, talent at almost all positions and depth make them pretty much unbeatable against the rest of the 3A teams in the area, hardly anyone around fields as many players as they do each year....and that has contributed to their success in a big way.

Not to take anything away from the coaches but Dang It they are loaded with players

IHStangFan
08-30-2005, 10:49 AM
Not to take anything away from the coaches but Dang It they are loaded with players yup, they sure are. theres alot of "hidden" talent down this direction....been some speed in Region IV in the past handful of years too.

LeonJr
08-30-2005, 10:52 AM
yup, they sure are. theres alot of "hidden" talent down this direction....been some speed in Region IV in the past handful of years too.

yep

IHStangFan
08-30-2005, 10:55 AM
yep i'm anxious for the Ingleside -vs- Zapata game, and both the Sinton -vs- Gregory-Portland and the Sinton -vs- Cuero game. Depending on whether or not we beat Zapata and how bad, will help me determine a little better how good we really are this year, and w/ Sinton, depending on how they play those two teams...will determine if they are state caliber this year or not. We'll see! cant wait!

PS Leon, who do you support back home? who's your team?

LeonJr
08-30-2005, 10:58 AM
i'm anxious for the Ingleside -vs- Zapata game, and both the Sinton -vs- Gregory-Portland and the Sinton -vs- Cuero game. Depending on whether or not we beat Zapata and how bad, will help me determine a little better how good we really are this year, and w/ Sinton, depending on how they play those two teams...will determine if they are state caliber this year or not. We'll see! cant wait!

PS Leon, who do you support back home? who's your team?

another good game is the one on 7 Oct. @ Aransas Pass.

I'm a band wagon fan!!!
:D

IHStangFan
08-30-2005, 11:03 AM
another good game is the one on 7 Oct. @ Aransas Pass.

I'm a band wagon fan!!!
:D LOL!!! glad to have ya!

the Ingleside/AP game ALWAYS packs in a "huge" crowd (in relative terms for both of the towns' populations) and is usually pretty heated. always has to be extra security as the CHEERLEADERS got into it last year after a certain flag-flying and taunting run-in...ask AP Panter Fan all about it ;)

I like to watch AP cause i like watching their QB....if that kid had a line like Sinton's...he'd be hard to stop.