PDA

View Full Version : Iowa Park vs. Burk

hawkfan65
08-29-2005, 09:54 PM
Iowa Park lost last week, but I really think they're gonna bounce back, there team really isn't that bad they just had a few mistakes, Coach Ellis has been working them pretty hard, they've been watching some film of the bulldogs... and they're keeping there eye on Nate Brown burks Running Back who is extremely good, but I guess we will just have to wait and see whats gonna happen. Burk is also coming off a loss to a good Deactur team.

GreenMonster
08-29-2005, 09:58 PM
Time for Old Dixie to roll into Boomtown and lay the smack down.

hawkfan65
08-30-2005, 01:47 PM
Yep, Dixie's not going down this time like they did two years ago!!!

injuredinmelee
08-30-2005, 01:49 PM
Mac said there were five IP turnovers in the second half? I really want to go to this one and my brother is gonna be here in Abilene but we have a golf tourney sat at 1pm so we are still debating.

IHStangFan
08-30-2005, 01:49 PM
i'm goin w/ I.P. by 2 scores.

GreenMonster
08-30-2005, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
i'm goin w/ I.P. by 2 scores.

Fire up that COWBELL for them Hawks!!!!

GreenMonster
08-30-2005, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Mac said there were five IP turnovers in the second half? I really want to go to this one and my brother is gonna be here in Abilene but we have a golf tourney sat at 1pm so we are still debating.

C'mon down. Game's in Burk @ 7:30. Should get home around 12:30.

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-30-2005, 11:21 PM
Bounce back week

Roll'em up
08-31-2005, 09:11 AM
IP better make sure that they take away the TB's running lanes. He is a very elusive, strong, and fast back. The offense is designed so that he can find his hole which he does very well. They will have to prevent the big play from him. Other than that IP's offense will move the ball put up some points on their defense.

Macarthur
08-31-2005, 10:53 AM
Burk's RB will be the key. I think the Hawks will bounce back. Having their starting QB back will make them look like a different team.

I know you can talk about if's and but's all day long, but if they don't have 4 fumbles and 1 int in the 4th quarter, they probably beat MW by 2 TD's because they were moving the ball well.

LeonJr
08-31-2005, 12:00 PM
Leon will put $5 (5 is symbolic) on Burk because IP will not be able to stop #5! L:eon predicts Burk by 5.

Man, Leon has never used 5 so many times!:D

Underwater Basketweaver
08-31-2005, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by LeonJr
Leon will put $5 (5 is symbolic) on Burk because IP will not be able to stop #5! L:eon predicts Burk by 5.

Man, Leon has never used 5 so many times!:D

UWBW will take your $5. Seen them both against us. As long as IP doesn't let 5 score 5 touchdowns, then IP will win scoring 5 times against that weak Bulldog defense. IP is 5 times as tough, and at least 5 seconds faster in the 55 yard dash at every position except where #5 plays.

GreenMonster
08-31-2005, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Underwater Basketweaver
UWBW will take your $5. Seen them both against us. As long as IP doesn't let 5 score 5 touchdowns, then IP will win scoring 5 times against that weak Bulldog defense. IP is 5 times as tough, and at least 5 seconds faster in the 55 yard dash at every position except where #5 plays.

I like it basket weaver

hawkfan65
08-31-2005, 09:39 PM
Im gonna have to go with Iowa Park, and not just because I am from Iowa Park..... it's just that I know how mad and frustrated our guys were after the loss to MW, because they knew they could do a lot better than they did. Having Riley back will help alot because Cody Hicks ( the QB who started against MW) was very nervous, because hes never been in a Varsity game before, and I know a lot of people were putting pressure on him the whole week. I also know how hard our guys have been working this week, i've been watching them practice. They were doing a lot of ball handling drills and conditioning drills. Yall are gonna see a totally new team on friday. Im excited about the game because I know the guys will do a lot better and they're really pumped up about beating the Bulldogs. They have been a long time rival of Iowa Park. So if you can please come out to the game and cheer on the Iowa Park HAWKS, the game is at 7:30 in Burkburnett, Texas. Lets go get em HAWKS.... lets take some Bulldog soul!
HAWKS FLY IN 05 :clap: :clap:

LeonJr
09-03-2005, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I like it basket weaver

Looks like Leon's not so dumb after all!!!!!!!:clap: :clap:

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-03-2005, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by LeonJr
Looks like Leon's not so dumb after all!!!!!!!:clap: :clap:

Leon can now takle that 5 bucks and buy 1 gallon of gasoline!

Surprised me so Leon you did a good job picking this one. Is IP just not got it together or is Burk actually going to do something this year?

LeonJr
09-03-2005, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Leon can now takle that 5 bucks and buy 1 gallon of gasoline!

Surprised me so Leon you did a good job picking this one. Is IP just not got it together or is Burk actually going to do something this year?

Burk is pretty dang good. There not a power house but Leon would defintly call them a sleeper! Oh yeah, thanks for the gas tip!

LeonJr
09-03-2005, 08:00 PM
Leon must have silenced his critics!:p I still got love for all the Downlow though!:clap:

http://bud-leon1http://C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\bud-leon1.jpg