PDA

View Full Version : What makes the Declaration of independence so Powerful?

TheDOCTORdre
08-29-2005, 06:55 PM
Just thought I would throw this random question out there, its not like I have a paper over it or anything:D

Bullaholic
08-29-2005, 07:26 PM
DrDre.... I think the ideas framed in the Declaration of Independence were harbored in the hearts and minds of men everywhere, for a very long time. Because of this, and an intolerable relationship with the British crown, our founding fathers were inspired to great eloquence and well thought out decisive action. The Declaration is a monument to the indomitable spirit and conviction of Americans. Each time I hear or read these great words, I am reminded of the brave heritage from whence all Americans came.

SintonFan
08-29-2005, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Just thought I would throw this random question out there, its not like I have a paper over it or anything:D
So you in college now and being brain-washed huh?:p

mwynn05
08-29-2005, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Just thought I would throw this random question out there, its not like I have a paper over it or anything:D taking government eh? you can talk about how it was treason as an intro

slpybear the bullfan
08-29-2005, 10:47 PM
Read 1776. Great book. It will help you understand what that little document meant to a bunch of established men of the colonies who rebelled against their government and half of their fellow countrymen... and risked it all for nothing more than a dream.

mwynn05
08-29-2005, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Read 1776. Great book. It will help you understand what that little document meant to a bunch of established men of the colonies who rebelled against their government and half of their fellow countrymen... and risked it all for nothing more than a dream. that's a good sentence to pull from right there

slpybear the bullfan
08-29-2005, 10:54 PM
*chuckle*

"It was a dark and stormy night..."