PDA

View Full Version : 2a Refugio

AP Panther Fan
08-29-2005, 04:11 PM
Found this article about the Refugio game ... sounds like they are off to a great start!

Refugio slams Bulldogs 55-14
BOLING — Refugio’s Garrett Murphy returned the opening kickoff 76 yards for a touchdown and the Bobcats added three more first quarter touchdowns for a 28-0 first quarter lead en route to a 55-14 win here at Bulldog Stadium in the season opener.

On Boling’s first possession Wayland Griggs was intercepted by Ricky Lewis on third and 11. Lewis returned the ball to the Bobcat 35 yardline.

After Quarterback Collin Avery picked 15 yards to the 50 yardline, Lewis then ran 26 yards on the next play to the Bulldog 24.

Three plays later Avery connected with Lewis for a 20 yard touchdown. Avery then connected with Timmy Bellows for the 2-point conversion leaving the Bobcats with a 14-0 lead.

The Bulldogs were then forced to punt on their next possession and the Bobcats started at the Bulldog 38 yardline.
Three plays later Carl Swain raced 18 yards for a touchdown.

Mark Canchola’s extra point made the score 21-0 with 5:07 left in the first quarter.

The Bobcats forced the Dogs to punt again and after another 13 yard punt by Vincent Hodges, the Bobcats started at the Bulldog 30. Three plays later Avery ran the ball in from 5 yards out.

Canchola’s extra made the score 28-0 with 1:09 left in the quarter.

After the Bulldogs were forced to punt, the Bobcats drove to the Bulldog 37 yardline when Swain ran 32 yards to the five-yardline. After a block below the waist moving the ball to the 20 yardline Avery connected with Robert Picena for a touchdown. Canchola’s extra point was no good leaving the score 34-0.

With 7:15 left in the third quarter the Bulldogs finally got on the board when B.W. McLeod returned a punt 82 yards for a touchdown. Marco Olvera’s kick made it 34-7.

One play after the kickoff Avery fumbled the handoff and Bulldog Rick Perry recovered at the Bobcat 42 yardline.
After a 2 yard run by Richard Pettis, Griggs connected with Pettis for a 40 yard touchdown pass. Olvera’s kick made it 34-14 with 6:16 left in the third.

On the ensuing kickoff Swain returned the kickoff all the way back but was
called back on a block below the waist.

Seven plays later Avery ran 24 yards to the Bulldog 19 yardline. Swain raced 19 yards on the next play for a touchdown.
Canchola’s extra point made it 41-14 with 1:31 left in the quarter.

The Bobcats added two Justin Lewis runs in the fourth quarter for touchdowns leaving the score at 55-14.

Lewis led the Bobcats with 11 carries for 102 yards. Chris Doomes picked up 80 yards on five carries. The Bobcats totaled up 381 yards for the game .

Pettis led the Bulldogs with 43 yards on seven carries. Griggs completed three of 11 passes for 59 yards. The Bulldogs totaled 132 yards for the game.

IHStangFan
08-29-2005, 05:05 PM
yup, read something similar this morning...theyre gonna be a handful this season in 2A i betcha.

Bobcat
08-30-2005, 10:55 PM
I Love My Cats. I'll keep an eye on my Boys, I worry about two games every weekend Ours and my Bobcats back home.

Bobcats bleed Orange&Black

pirate44
08-31-2005, 05:55 AM
with Refugio and Ingleside doing well this year, family get-togethers will be super boring. you go into my parents living room and all they talk about are those 2 teams. HELLO!! we live in SINTON!!:rolleyes: :D

MARLINDOGS
08-31-2005, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
with Refugio and Ingleside doing well this year, family get-togethers will be super boring. you go into my parents living room and all they talk about is those 2 teams. HELLO!! we live in SINTON!!:rolleyes: :D :D :D :clap:

Phil C
09-08-2005, 03:36 PM
Did you know that as you get into Refugio on 77 coming from the south you will see the old catholic church on the right. In 1836 there was a historical battle there where the Texans fought the Mexican army. The battle only lasted one day and the Texans were defeated. Of course the Alamo took most of the glamour but there was a battle there for those interested in history.

SINTON81
09-08-2005, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Did you know that as you get into Refugio on 77 coming from the south you will see the old catholic church on the right. In 1836 there was a historical battle there where the Texans fought the Mexican army. The battle only lasted one day and the Texans were defeated. Of course the Alamo took most of the glamour but there was a battle there for those interested in history.

Thank You, Phil.

AP Panther Fan
09-08-2005, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by SINTON81
Thank You, Phil.

LOL....I will certainly sleep better tonight with that new bit of knowledge...;) :D

CheerMom
09-08-2005, 09:14 PM
Go Refugio!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

PhiI C
09-08-2005, 10:11 PM
They are going into overtime. Houston had a three point lead with six seconds but they let Sacramento get a three pointer to move the game to overtime. Go Comets!