PDA

View Full Version : Barbers Hill Folks

nexfan
08-29-2005, 02:56 PM
How is Barbers Hill looking this year. I have to say the game I am looking most forward to this regular season is Barbers Hill vs. Columbia. Was that not a hell of a game last year. Anything remotely close to that performance will make me happy. Any ways let me hear from yall.

eagle.eyes
08-29-2005, 03:21 PM
Both teams return all their studs so I expect a repeat performance like last year as long as neither lose any to injuries from now till Sept. 23. Lotta people on the Hill excited this year due to new coordinator calling the plays, myself included!

nexfan
08-29-2005, 03:27 PM
Did BH have a quality first game? I saw the score but I have no clue how good Anahuac is? How is the Defense?

RBARKER
08-29-2005, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by nexfan
Did BH have a quality first game? I saw the score but I have no clue how good Anahuac is? How is the Defense?

I think BH had a typical start they looked good, but could improve. BH had some fumbling problems on offense, but the first team D was excellent. Anahuac is a scrappy team that has a small population so they play both ways alot. BH could have ran the score up ,but they called out the second team early in the 3rd quarter. This week will give us a better Idea of how this Eagle team is when we play Vidor.

The game last year between WC and BH was the best that I have seen in a while. I exspect another great game between these two. West Columbia has a great team and I'm glad to see BH play such competition. Yall have a long drive to BH like we did last year so be carefull and bring your A game, Hopefully we will have ours.

80's Eagle
08-29-2005, 03:42 PM
The offense and defense both looked good. The offense put up over 500 total yards with 23 first downs. Defense held Anahuac to 3 first downs.

shellman54
08-29-2005, 04:56 PM
Looking forward to the WC game, it should be another barn burner. Who are your next three opponents?

nexfan
08-29-2005, 11:04 PM
Brazosport - 4a
Lamar Consolidated - 4a
Hempstead - 3a

shellman54
08-29-2005, 11:06 PM
Vidor -4A
Diboll - 3A
Dickinson - 4A

Looks like we both have our work cut out for us to meet 4-0 again like last year!!!

nexfan
08-29-2005, 11:56 PM
We used to play Dickinson when I was in school and they were pretty good. How are they now?

RBARKER
08-30-2005, 07:33 AM
We used to play Dickinson when I was in school and they were pretty good. How are they now?

We have played Dickinson I believe 5 years in a row now and BH has a 4-1 edge on them. Dickinson has had some injuryies as of late. Last year they lost thier starting RB and QB before our game and this year I have heard that thier starting RB was injured and out for the year.

neck_06
08-30-2005, 07:53 AM
can't wait for the game this year!

Rainman
08-30-2005, 08:09 AM
I am very excited about the Columbia game this year. Both team are strong and should make for an interesting mach up once again.

RBARKER
08-30-2005, 09:05 AM
Playoff game in mid season. that is what this game will be!!!

nexfan
08-30-2005, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by RBARKER
Playoff game in mid season. that is what this game will be!!!

But the beauty of it is... whoever loses is still going to the playoffs. I have only one prediction for this game. If the Hill throws a hail mary, Columbia will have a few more defenders covering it this year.

Necked
08-30-2005, 07:47 PM
I have only one prediction for this game. If the Hill throws a hail mary, Columbia will have a few more defenders covering it this year.
:D

neck_06
08-31-2005, 07:29 AM
had two on him last year, one of em just fell down, and he made a great catch

hopefully it won't come down to that this year

RBARKER
08-31-2005, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by neck_06
had two on him last year, one of em just fell down, and he made a great catch

hopefully it won't come down to that this year

I still can't believe that catch that Cedric made. I was preparing for OT and all of a sudden, I see Cedric jump up and snatch the ball out of the air.

neck_06
08-31-2005, 07:38 AM
yup, i was on crutches at the time, and i was turning around to walk to the other side getting ready for OT, and i turned around just in time to see him catch it

HillBoy
08-31-2005, 12:31 PM
Our head coach got hurt jumping up after he scored it was pretty funny in film session.

nexfan
08-31-2005, 07:07 PM
I think our head coach was hurt too. More mentally than physically. That cath took away the perfect 10-0 season. Not saying we would have won just being theoredical. I wonder what the rankings of each team will be if we both go in 4-0. This should be the 3a game of the week if the 4-0 scenario is played out.

Jody
09-01-2005, 07:22 AM
I agree, this should be the game of the week. This in my book is a week 2 or 3 playoff game. I have to say, WC is the only team on our schedule that I feel has a honest chance at beating BH, assuming we stay healthy and don't turn the ball over.

We got past the Anahuac ref's, so now anything is possible.