PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Kat

spiveyrat
08-29-2005, 02:14 PM
Anyone notice yesterday when Kat's wind speeds were around 175 mph how truly monsterous this storm is (was)? I noticed that the outer bands of the storm were touching the lower Louisiana coast, just shy of the Yucatan Peninsula, and just shy of Tampa Bay. It practically filled 2/3 or more of the Gulf! Wow!

IHStangFan
08-29-2005, 02:17 PM
how's this storm gonna effect the Galveston area on down to Corpus?

pirate4state
08-29-2005, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
how's this storm gonna effect the Galveston area on down to Corpus? according to the weather guys they were saying that it was going to push alot of "dry air" into the area and make it EXTREMELY HOT!!! :flamingma: We had a brief shower this morning here in Sinton and all that did was make it a sauna outside!! :hairpunk: There was NO RAIN in the forecast for our area. :(

IHStangFan
08-29-2005, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
according to the weather guys they were saying that it was going to push alot of "dry air" into the area and make it EXTREMELY HOT!!! :flamingma: We had a brief shower this morning here in Sinton and all that did was make it a sauna outside!! :hairpunk: There was NO RAIN in the forecast for our area. :( now be careful, caues if by "weather man" you mean "Dead-Wrong" Dale Nelson.....that storm is likely to turn and come right at yall if he said it wouldnt, LOL.

pirate4state
08-29-2005, 02:27 PM
now be careful, caues if by "weather man" you mean "Dead-Wrong" Dale Nelson.....that storm is likely to turn and come right at yall if he said it wouldnt, LOL. nah, Dale doesn't work weekends!!! :p

IHStangFan
08-29-2005, 02:28 PM
LOL..heck...the only time Dale has been right since i can remember when when he said it'd snow last Xmas...and for about 2 weeks he talked about it..and i thought "hes finally lost his freakin mind" and damned if we didnt get 8 inches of snow in Ingleside Xmas-eve.

pirate4state
08-29-2005, 04:21 PM
WOW!!!

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/ww/beta/news/082905ap7.jpg

AP Panther Fan
08-29-2005, 04:26 PM
I wish we would get some rain...everything is brown and looks dead!:(

I also watched the weather channel at lunch and there is nothing but sunshine and high temps (100) in the forecast for the next 7 days!:mad:

spiveyrat
08-29-2005, 09:55 PM
how's this storm gonna effect the Galveston area on down to Corpus?

Watch your gas prices in the coming days... :eek:

lepfan
08-29-2005, 10:15 PM
They just told us gas will hit $3 a gallon by weeks end up here. My students were actually afraid the hurricane was gonna hit us way up here...I told them the people in the south would be non existent if it made it to us. It eased a few of the more brainy ones ;) It has been HOT HOT HOT up here...dang near 95 for several days in a row :)

Gp83
08-29-2005, 10:23 PM
Corpus Christi Bay was almost glass tonight. I have never seen that at 5:30 in the afternoon.

SintonFan
08-29-2005, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Gp83
Corpus Christi Bay was almost glass tonight. I have never seen that at 5:30 in the afternoon.
I have. Last time Sinton beat GP.:D