PDA

View Full Version : 8-29-05 The Morning Mess

District303aPastPlayer
08-29-2005, 10:23 AM
First off... Happy Birthday to everyone else who has a Birthday with me today.

Secondly.... This Morning Mess deals with Regions, individually, has a bar been set in your Region to where everyone has to try and compete with a couple of teams...

Cuero, Sinton, and Liberty Hill look to be it in Region IV... and what do you have to do to compete with them... It has been stated that Ingleside lacked depth to be able to stay up with Sinton.

IHStangFan
08-29-2005, 10:30 AM
Good Morning Aaron....

Yes, Ingleside has fielded talent in the past years that was on the par of Sinton talent, the diff. has been that, A. Sinton has had a much better program/system of coaching and whatnot......and B. Sinton has had the depth IHS has lacked. Ingleside has lacked depth, and their program has been in shambles since the 96 team graduated and Peel seemed to lose interest in the team. Perfect example was last years Sinton/Ingleside game, Ingleside looked to have a chance....until the second half where Sinton fielded fresh shirts, and Ingleside's handful of talent continued to play both sides of the ball......

Fish's mom
08-29-2005, 10:32 AM
Watch for the stampede.......................................... .......

District303aPastPlayer
08-29-2005, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Fish's mom
Watch for the stampede.......................................... .......

forget the howling bear... Beware the Stampede...

IHStangFan
08-29-2005, 10:34 AM
Now...our neighbors up hwy 77 a ways.....

We all know Cuero is the team to beat in the Region and in that area specifically....but lets talk about a few of the other teams in that area.....well, i say talk...basically i have questions....

does anyone know how Yoakum and Gonzales has looked so far this year? the Bulldogs usually field a fairly decent team.

in our district....whats the scoop on Goliad?

and not 3a...but usually a great team..Refugio...i noticed they won this past weekend. are they 2A state material this year?

another team that i noticed that won..that NEVER wins (in the recent past anyway)....Woodsboro....do they finally turn it around this year??

pirate4state
08-29-2005, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
in our district....whats the scoop on Goliad? :thinking: I'd also like to hear any scoop on Goliad. They gave Sinton all they could handle last year. :eek: According to DC they return 3 on O and 7 ond D. Maybe another interesting match-up since we'll be in their back yard. :thinking:

IHStangFan
08-29-2005, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:thinking: I'd also like to hear any scoop on Goliad. They gave Sinton all they could handle last year. :eek: According to DC they return 3 on O and 7 ond D. Maybe another interesting match-up since we'll be in their back yard. :thinking: yeah, but i think that was kinda fluke-ish....cause the next week we came along and pounded them something like 40 to 6. i guess thats why i cant make a SOLID prediction on their season...cause they were so up and down last year.

AP Panther Fan
08-29-2005, 10:56 AM
Got this from Victoria Advocate re: Goliad.

Goliad 0 0 6 0 6
St. Joseph 0 14 6 7 27

Highlights
Second Quarter
STJ - Scott Manning sneak 1 yard - 11:55, Anthony McDowell kick
STJ - Clayton Dorsett 55 pass from Manning - 0:47, McDowell kick
Third Quarter
STJ - Mitchell Dornak 10 run - 6:17, kick blocked
G - Matt Niemeyer sneak 1 yard - 0:41, failed conversion
Fourth Quarter
STJ - Dorsett 70 pass from Manning - 7:20, McDowell kick

Individual Statistics

Goliad
Name Firsts Rush TDs Pass TDs
team 10
TOTALS 10

St. Joseph
Name Firsts Rush Yds Pass Yds
team 10
TOTALS 10
St. Joseph Goliad
First Downs 10 10
Rushes-Yards 0-98 0-93
Passing Yards 176 68
Comp-Att-Int 0-10-0 0-15-0

Rushing - St. Joseph, team 0-98. Goliad, team 0-93.
Passing - St. Joseph, team 0-10-0-176. Goliad, team 0-15-0-68.
Receiving -

pirate4state
08-29-2005, 11:02 AM
Also from the Victoria Advocate online

PAUL EBNER

Advocate Sports Writer

GOLIAD – A move to a new district last year proved to be the shot in the arm that the Goliad Tigers needed.

After competing in a tough district that included perennial playoff teams Cuero, Yoakum, Gonzales, and Hallettsville for four straight years, the Tigers snapped a five-year playoff drought during their first season in District 30-3A.

And Goliad coach Tim Collins can already see the results of the playoff experience paying off.

"It has helped out with our offseason program. It has helped with with our and numbers," Collins said. "Right now, we have 43 potential varsity candidates. We're talking 41 seniors and juniors and a couple of sophomores."

But Collins knows the Tigers can't survive on past success, especially when his staff has to replace nearly every offensive skill position.

"We return four of our five offensive linemen, so we're going to have to lean on them for a while," Collins pointed out. "The kids we are trying at the skill positions are pretty good athletes and the potential for them to be good is there, but they haven't played there on Friday nights and that's a big difference."

The biggest changes will be replacing running backs Bobby Burnett and Dusty of Burnett and Dusty Hernandez, along with quarterback Kevin Salazar.

Senior Matt Niemeyer is expected to step in at quarterback after starting the past two years at free safety. Niemeyer took over the job in the Tigers' 10th game of the season last year when Salazar was injured and then guided the Tigers again in their bi-district playoff game against Devine.

Junior Joseph Jones, who also started in the secondary last season, and sophomore David Garcia step in to take over at the tailback slot, while junior Dominic Carrera, who started on the junior varsity last season, and senior Loren Hicks will share time at fullback.

"The guys we are looking at aren't fresh, they do have some varsity experience," Collins noted. "It's just a matter of them having to get used to different roles now."

The receiving corps is expected to include Jared Erikson, Jeremy Pfenninger, Kyle Moreland, Tyler Goyens, and newcomer Adam Morris, with Jonathan Martinez and Kyle Lutz handling the tight end slot.

In the trenches for the Tigers will be senior center Trevor Arnold, surrounded by seniors Matt Hopkins and Steven Killough along with Jarrett Gutierrez.

Killough was a first-team all-district pick last season.

Competing for the other tackle spot will be Austin O'Brien and Daniel Macon.

With seven defensive starters back, Collins hopes he can improve the Tigers' defensive performance by using the additional players he has added this season. The key players on the defensive unit are end Killough and linebacker Hicks, both first-team all-district picks last season.

Battling for the other linebacker spots are Dillon Barnett, Jimmy Burnett, Matt Podschelne, O'Brien, and Garcia.

Three-year letterman Brian Ybarbo returns to join Killough in the line at one defensive tackle spot, while Casey Daniels is expected to handle the other tackle spot.

Neimeyer is expected to see time in the secondary as well, along with Morris, Pfenninger, Moreland, and Andrew Groll.

"To be successful, we're going to have to avoid the turnovers, be able to move the football and take advantage of our scoring opportunities on offense and not give up the big plays on defense," Collins said.

pirate4state
08-29-2005, 11:06 AM
L Goliad 14 St. Joseph 26
W Goliad 15 Edna 12
W Goliad 26 George West 20
W Goliad 15 Karnes City 12
W Goliad 12 Industrial 7
L Goliad 12 Ingram Moore 33
L * Goliad 20 Sinton 37
W* Goliad 33 Aransas Pass 28
W* Goliad 28 Mathis 27
L * Goliad 6 Ingleside 41

same schedule this year ...

IHStangFan
08-29-2005, 11:08 AM
does anyone have any individual stats from the area this weekend....i saw Ring's of Sinton....impressive.

How bout Tringali of AP?
Stacey, Adams, Johnson, etc. from Ingleside?

IHStangFan
08-29-2005, 11:10 AM
L Goliad 14 St. Joseph 26 (As we know, lost)
W Goliad 15 Edna 12 (they'll smoke Edna)
W Goliad 26 George West 20 (GW might give em a scare)
W Goliad 15 Karnes City 12(i think they'll win this one)
W Goliad 12 Industrial 7(no contest)
L Goliad 12 Ingram Moore 33(?????)
L * Goliad 20 Sinton 37(big loss, not even close this year)
W* Goliad 33 Aransas Pass 28(I say AP takes this one this year)
W* Goliad 28 Mathis 27(i'll take Goliad)
L * Goliad 6 Ingleside 41(Ingleside by 2 tds)

same schedule this year ... :D

pirate4state
08-29-2005, 11:10 AM
does anyone have any individual stats from the area this weekend....i saw Ring's of Sinton....impressive.

How bout Tringali of AP?
Stacey, Adams, Johnson, etc. from Ingleside? Check caller.com. They should have more stats in Wednesday's paper, I hope!!

pirate4state
08-29-2005, 11:12 AM
Also from the Victoria Advocate online

Senior Matt Niemeyer is expected to step in at quarterback after starting the past two years at free safety. Niemeyer took over the job in the Tigers' 10th game of the season last year when Salazar was injured and then guided the Tigers again in their bi-district playoff game against Devine.

Neimeyer is expected to see time in the secondary as well, along with Morris, Pfenninger, Moreland, and Andrew Groll.

:thinking: Double duty for this guy could spell trouble! :eek:

IHStangFan
08-29-2005, 11:18 AM
:thinking: Double duty for this guy could spell trouble! :eek: SHEEEIT....Ingleside has been doing such things for a few years now.....examples....

last year, QB/RB/LB Randy Webb, RB/QB Brandon Stacey....etc.

this year...Stacey at QB, Zach Adams at DB/WR, not sure if Coffield is playing LB this year....but hes now also a RB this year.....

so we'll just have to wait and see....if IHS can do it and make it work...maybe Goliad can too??

pirate4state
08-29-2005, 11:19 AM
SHEEEIT....Ingleside has been doing such things for a few years now.....examples....

last year, QB/RB/LB Randy Webb, RB/QB Brandon Stacey....etc.

this year...Stacey at QB, Zach Adams at DB/WR, not sure if Coffield is playing LB this year....but hes now also a RB this year.....

so we'll just have to wait and see....if IHS can do it and make it work...maybe Goliad can too?? didn't work out for you last year though! :eek: :p :D sorry, you left urself open for the shot!! :evillaugh :kiss:

AP Panther Fan
08-29-2005, 11:19 AM

How bout Tringali of AP?
Stacey, Adams, Johnson, etc. from Ingleside?

I wish I did. I am guessing since we played all the way in San Diego that the timing for reporting stats couldn't be met.

I do know:

TD Tringali
TD Guerrero
2 TD's G. Hill

All four PAT's complete by A. Gonzales:)

IHStangFan
08-29-2005, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I wish I did. I am guessing since we played all the way in San Diego that the timing for reporting stats couldn't be met.

I do know:

TD Tringali
TD Guerrero
2 TD's G. Hill

All four PAT's complete by A. Gonzales:) did Tringali run for a TD?? that kid's got wheels!

IHStangFan
08-29-2005, 11:21 AM
didn't work out for you last year though! :eek: :p :D sorry, you left urself open for the shot!! :evillaugh :kiss: agianst you guys...hell no it didnt work, LOL....but thats that depth issue showing its ugly head again.....:D

AP Panther Fan
08-29-2005, 11:23 AM
did Tringali run for a TD?? that kid's got wheels!

:D Yes from about 20 yds out, broke a couple of tackles and had to drag a couple of their players into the endzone with him.;)

He had a good game, but did make a mistake or two.:cool:

pirate4state
08-29-2005, 11:26 AM
agianst you guys...hell no it didnt work, LOL....but thats that depth issue showing its ugly head again.....:D and that's all I'm saying in regards to that Neimeyer kid. If you've got too many kids playing both ways it just doesn't look good for your team in the late quarters against teams that don't rely on 2 way players. Sinton I think has maybe 4 guys (that I can think of right off the bat) that they use both ways, but then again they don't play the whole game both ways, like Tommy Blake used to play the WHOLE game and was draggin in the 4 qtr. :(

pirate4state
08-29-2005, 11:27 AM
:D Yes from about 20 yds out, broke a couple of tackles and had to drag a couple of their players into the endzone with him.;)

He had a good game, but did make a mistake or two.:cool: :cool: Congrats to you & AP on the "W"!! :thumbsup:

AP Panther Fan
08-29-2005, 11:30 AM
:cool: Congrats to you & AP on the "W"!! :thumbsup:

gracias...it wasn't pretty, but we will take it! ;)

pirate4state
08-29-2005, 11:30 AM
gracias...it wasn't pretty, but we will take it! ;) Who do you guys play this week?

AP Panther Fan
08-29-2005, 11:34 AM
Who do you guys play this week?

Orange Grove here in AP....thank goodness. I have racked up the miles over the past week, it will be nice to be home.:D

IHStangFan
08-29-2005, 11:35 AM

He had a good game, but did make a mistake or two.:cool: tell Mike i said good job!

P4S....i agree w/ what youre sayingn :clap:

IHStangFan
08-29-2005, 11:37 AM
I know theyre not 3A...but....anyone got any dirt on Shiner this year?? they are usually State Champ. material, and i suspect this year wont be any diff. if tradition has anything to do w/ it.

sinton66
08-29-2005, 11:38 AM
Happy birthday, my friend.

pirate4state
08-29-2005, 11:39 AM
Orange Grove here in AP....thank goodness. I have racked up the miles over the past week, it will be nice to be home.:D I hear ya!!! I was surprised that OG lost to Banquete! :eek: Hopefully your guy can take care of business!!! :clap: Good Luck...wish you could come to our game, though. :D

IHStangFan
08-29-2005, 11:45 AM
somes stats...(it looks like they spread the ball out to everyone pretty much...these are just a few stats...)

Ingleside:

QB/RB Brandon Stacey
7 Att for 124yds Rushing
5 of 6 for 49yds and 1TD Passing

RB/DB Josh Coffield
8 Att for 76yds

Bishop had -15 rushing yds and 90 passing yds and 2 INTs

Aransas Pass:

The Caller had no stats

AP Panther Fan
08-29-2005, 11:47 AM
I hear ya!!! I was surprised that OG lost to Banquete! :eek: Hopefully your guy can take care of business!!! :clap: Good Luck...wish you could come to our game, though. :D

Banquete did not look bad during our scrimmage last Friday.

Boy, I wish I could see your game also...grrrrrrr:mad: I am sure I will get to see the highlights on the news Friday night.

With all of the pre-game chatter, it could be rather interesting. Not that any of the talk will affect the outcome one way or the other. I am glad you guys are playing in Sinton though.;)

IHStangFan
08-29-2005, 11:49 AM
oh crap, thats right....Sinton vs GP this week right?? OUTSTANDING...i WILL find a web broadcast as i'll be in North Carolina on business and will definately listen in from my hotel room......can one of you Sinton fans w/ some pull do me a favor.....can we get Ingleside/Zapata updates on the 1590AM web broadcast if i can get someone to call em in??

THANKS!!

AP Panther Fan
08-29-2005, 11:51 AM
QB/RB Brandon Stacey
7 Att for 124yds Rushing

That is impressive! I wonder how Zach Adams did?:thinking:

Fish's mom
08-29-2005, 11:54 AM
Orange Grove here in AP....thank goodness. I have racked up the miles over the past week, it will be nice to be home.:D

Talk about racking miles Inglesides going to Zapata Friday night, letting the schools out early.

Had a few stats in yesterdays paper. But usually not accurate on Sunday. But I want to say that all of the them played good, second half of the game most of the starters that play both ways got to sit on bench, wish I would had a picture.Adams, Coffield, Stacey,Mossmeyer, Johnson all on the bench watching the game. At one time, Defensive consist of all Sophs and 1 senior. I know that's not how it going to be against better teams but gives a little experience and confidence for the ones that it's the first year. Plus I really do think Coaches are trying to mix plays up so that the opponent doesn't know who always going to get the ball.........across the board they will all play in some capacity or other. Some alittle more than others but looking more disverified.
Chrisman got quite abit practice, got an arm, just needs more speed releasing ball, but that's coming. I only see better things happening to them. But like I said I'm bias;)

IHStangFan
08-29-2005, 11:54 AM
QB/RB Brandon Stacey
7 Att for 124yds Rushing

That is impressive! I wonder how Zach Adams did?:thinking:

Zach Adams
Rushing 2 for 13 yds
Rcving 1 for 23 yds

(NOTE.....the Caller doesnt have any TD stats except for passing TDs...where Stacey and Christman both had one each)

IHStangFan
08-29-2005, 11:56 AM
so the caller's stats arent correct??

LH Panther Mom
08-29-2005, 11:57 AM
I'm in no way saying we can't be beat, because we can. Conditioning pays off for our guys when it comes to the 4th quarter. It has been engrained into the players since the spring of 2001 that they must be in condition to play full strength the entire game. Sure, our guys are tired at the end of the game, but it will be extremely rare to see one of them dragging butt.

AP Panther Fan
08-29-2005, 11:58 AM
Zach Adams
Rushing 2 for 13 yds
Rcving 1 for 23 yds

Well, no matter what the stats indicate, we know he is a secret weapon. :D

Sounds like everyone got some good playing time and the most important thing is to keep 'em all healthy.

99IHSMustang
08-29-2005, 11:58 AM
Hey Fish's Mom I am not going to be able to make the game in Zapata. I could PM you my phone number so you could give me quarter to quarter updates so that I could post them on the downlow?

IHStangFan
08-29-2005, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Hey Fish's Mom I am not going to be able to make the game in Zapata. I could PM you my phone number so you could give me quarter to quarter updates so that I could post them on the downlow? Iz, are you going to be able to be near a computer for the game?? I'm trying to line something up w/ the Sinton crew to have the Ingleside/Zapata score broadcast periodically...ya know..an update kinda thing.

Fish's mom
so the caller's stats arent correct??

They're close but not real accurate in Sunday's paper. Better online when they're posted.

IHStangFan
Well, no matter what the stats indicate, we know he is a secret weapon. :D

Sounds like everyone got some good playing time and the most important thing is to keep 'em all healthy. yeah, secret weapon indeed ...cap. of some BIGTIME plays....either they didnt utilize him fully this past week...or the stats are in fact wrong.

Fish's mom
08-29-2005, 12:04 PM
Hey Fish's Mom I am not going to be able to make the game in Zapata. I could PM you my phone number so you could give me quarter to quarter updates so that I could post them on the downlow?

Be glad too, just PM me. I'll be there. And trust me as long as they're playing my eyes won't be off the field.

:)

99IHSMustang
08-29-2005, 12:18 PM
Iz, are you going to be able to be near a computer for the game?? I'm trying to line something up w/ the Sinton crew to have the Ingleside/Zapata score broadcast periodically...ya know..an update kinda thing.

I will be near a computer IHS and Fish's mom will be able to give me some Qtr to Qtr info. I can post it as soon as I get it.

IHStangFan
08-29-2005, 12:20 PM
RGRGR, sounds good....but 86 the Sinton broadcast thing, nobody seems too interested in helping out....hell...i'm half convinced that a few of em over there didnt even know they were on the web friday nights. i'll probably listen in on their game and HOPE i hear an Ingleside score.

99IHSMustang
08-29-2005, 12:23 PM
RGRGR, sounds good....but 86 the Sinton broadcast thing, nobody seems too interested in helping out....hell...i'm half convinced that a few of em over there didnt even know they were on the web friday nights. i'll probably listen in on their game and HOPE i hear an Ingleside score.

What station is it broadcasted on? I will try and listen in also.

IHStangFan
08-29-2005, 12:24 PM
1590 AM outa Sinton...they have a website w/ a live feed.....

http://www.radiolibertad.net/

99IHSMustang
08-29-2005, 12:26 PM
1590 AM outa Sinton...they have a website w/ a live feed.....

http://www.radiolibertad.net/

Cool I saved the link. Thanks

IHStangFan
08-29-2005, 12:28 PM
Cool I saved the link. Thanks de nada man

pirate44
08-29-2005, 12:36 PM
where's the host go??

IHStangFan
08-29-2005, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
where's the host go?? not sure, but he needs to hurry back....always enjoy his input.

pirate4state
08-29-2005, 01:14 PM
oh crap, thats right....Sinton vs GP this week right?? OUTSTANDING...i WILL find a web broadcast as i'll be in North Carolina on business and will definately listen in from my hotel room......can one of you Sinton fans w/ some pull do me a favor.....can we get Ingleside/Zapata updates on the 1590AM web broadcast if i can get someone to call em in??

THANKS!! I'll see if I can get a hold of THE guy! ;)

RGRGR, sounds good....but 86 the Sinton broadcast thing, nobody seems too interested in helping out....
Dude, I went to lunch!! :D

IHStangFan
08-29-2005, 01:17 PM
I'll see if I can get a hold of THE guy! ;)

Dude, I went to lunch!! :D [/B] well, i figured if anyone would help, it'd be you or Aaron, LOL. youre my fav. P4S :D

pirate4state
08-29-2005, 01:18 PM
well, i figured if anyone would help, it'd be you or Aaron, LOL. youre my fav. P4S :D LOL!!! Good choice!! ;) :D

AP Panther Fan
08-29-2005, 01:19 PM
youre my fav. P4S :D

Lol...butt kisser!:D

IHStangFan
08-29-2005, 01:20 PM
Lol...butt kisser!:D you know ya luv me....come here....gimme sugars. :p

AP Panther Fan
08-29-2005, 01:21 PM
you know ya luv me....come here....gimme sugars. :p

blyek..... :p :D

pirate4state
08-29-2005, 01:22 PM
Lol...butt kisser!:D You know that I'm YOUR favorite too!!! :D :clap: http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/lisaann/laugh27.gif

IHStangFan
08-29-2005, 01:23 PM
You know that I'm YOUR favorite too!!! :D :clap: http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/lisaann/laugh27.gif LOL....thats kinda what i was thinkin too.

AP Panther Fan
08-29-2005, 01:25 PM
You know that I'm YOUR favorite too!!! :D :clap: http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/lisaann/laugh27.gif

well yeah, but....but.... and.... OKAY YOU'RE RIGHT!:D

IHStangFan
08-29-2005, 01:26 PM
oh.....for the record....APPF, you are my "co-favorite" as....i STILL have my "Got Cowbell" beanie, its on my china cabnet in the computer room and ready for some head warming action!

pirate4state
08-29-2005, 01:27 PM
well yeah, but....but.... and.... OKAY YOU'RE RIGHT!:D :D You're my favorite Panther!!! :eek: This may get me in trouble w/ another Panther!! :o But I like her too!! ;) :p

AP Panther Fan
08-29-2005, 01:30 PM
oh.....for the record....APPF, you are my "co-favorite" as....i STILL have my "Got Cowbell" beanie, its on my china cabnet in the computer room and ready for some head warming action!

awwww, I am honored!;)

hope you get to wear the beanie soon...:D

This has turned into a "let's all kiss each others rear-end thread":evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh

pirate4state
08-29-2005, 01:31 PM
This has turned into a "let's all kiss each others rear-end thread":evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh More like a big group hug!! :D

AP Panther Fan
08-29-2005, 01:31 PM
This has turned into a "let's all kiss each others rear-end thread":evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh

Think I will go to lunch while I still have an appetite!:D

pirate4state
08-29-2005, 01:33 PM
Think I will go to lunch while I still have an appetite!:D http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/lisaann/hysterical.gif we'll miss you!!! :kiss: http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/lisaann/hysterical.gif

IHStangFan
08-29-2005, 01:34 PM
LOL..i'm thinking about doing the same

pirate4state
08-29-2005, 01:37 PM
LOL..i'm thinking about doing the same Guess I can read while y'all are "out to lunch". :nerd: :D

District303aPastPlayer
08-29-2005, 01:40 PM
okay, so i am back... i went to lunch with my mom and my aunt.. they treated.... heck yes for chinese..

IHStangFan
08-29-2005, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
okay, so i am back... i went to lunch with my mom and my aunt.. they treated.... heck yes for chinese.. thats what i'm talkin about!

District303aPastPlayer
08-29-2005, 01:51 PM
so back to region IV... the Region IV Band of the year: My Chemical Romance :P but seriously... this week, we have some good games... i still say that the Sinton game takes the cake as game of the region...

IHStangFan
08-29-2005, 01:53 PM
so back to region IV... the Region IV Band of the year: My Chemical Romance :P but seriously... this week, we have some good games... i still say that the Sinton game takes the cake as game of the region... yup, i'd have to agree...although......we also have Ingleside trying to exact a little revenge on Zapata

pirate4state
08-29-2005, 02:00 PM
yup, i'd have to agree...although......we also have Ingleside trying to exact a little revenge on Zapata true dat! I think you guys will pull off the victory!! :clap:

Who is Cuero playing this week? Liberty Hill has a good game this week against old district foe Burnet, should be a good one!!

IHStangFan
08-29-2005, 02:02 PM
true dat! I think you guys will pull off the victory!! :clap:

Who is Cuero playing this week? Liberty Hill has a good game this week against old district foe Burnet, should be a good one!! i dont recall who Cuero is playing....i was wondering the same thing. the LH/Burnet game will be a good one as well....hell...looks like its gonna be a good weekend of football in region IV!

99IHSMustang
08-29-2005, 02:03 PM
Hey IHS if Ingleside makes the playoffs your going to have to come down so we can get a photo of the Mustang Beanie Group!

IHStangFan
08-29-2005, 02:06 PM
Hey IHS if Ingleside makes the playoffs your going to have to come down so we can get a photo of the Mustang Beanie Group! If they make the playoffs, i'm definately gonna try and make it down for a game!

nexfan
08-29-2005, 02:09 PM
First off... Happy Birthday to everyone else who has a Birthday with me today.

Secondly.... This Morning Mess deals with Regions, individually, has a bar been set in your Region to where everyone has to try and compete with a couple of teams...

Cuero, Sinton, and Liberty Hill look to be it in Region IV... and what do you have to do to compete with them... It has been stated that Ingleside lacked depth to be able to stay up with Sinton.

I sincerely believe that Columbia could compete with all 3 of the big teams you mentioned. I guess we are to far north in the region for anyone to have seen us play. We played Cuero last year and let them score two quick TD's and after that we played them to a 7-7 game. Columbia only lost 4 or 5 impact players from last years 9-2 team. We played awful Friday and beat Yoakum by 3 TD's. I also think that if Wharton put a good game together, it would make for a tough little battle.

IHStangFan
08-29-2005, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by nexfan
I sincerely believe that Columbia could compete with all 3 of the big teams you mentioned. I guess we are to far north in the region for anyone to have seen us play. We played Cuero last year and let them score two quick TD's and after that we played them to a 7-7 game. Columbia only lost 4 or 5 impact players from last years 9-2 team. We played awful Friday and beat Yoakum by 3 TD's. I also think that if Wharton put a good game together, it would make for a tough little battle. good deal....congrats Columbia! i take it Yoakum is fielding a mediocre team at best this year?

nexfan
08-29-2005, 02:18 PM
Yoakum didnt impress me very much. But then again neither did the roughnecks. Yoakum probably had 70 yards on the same play twice (reverse). Other than that not much of a running game. They probably had 60 yards of passing on the games last possesion where most of our starting secondary was out. The score was closer than it should have been. Columbia had over 20 penalties and mustered 370 total offensive yards. Should have probably been 100 more. Yoakum will win some games though. There big reciever did nothing. Didnt impress me. Our big reciever had 3 catches for 86 yards and a touch.

pirate4state
08-29-2005, 02:19 PM
How could we forget about Columbia & Wharton? :thinking: Wimberley is another team to keep an eye out for!! And maybe even Bandera!! :eek: Could/should be interesting!!! :thumbsup:

IHStangFan
08-29-2005, 02:21 PM
How could we forget about Columbia & Wharton? :thinking: Wimberley is another team to keep an eye out for!! And maybe even Bandera!! :eek: Could/should be interesting!!! :thumbsup: i think Bandera has the potential to be the dark horse for the entire state of TX in 3a as they were a handful of years ago.

District303aPastPlayer
08-29-2005, 02:27 PM
We played Cuero last year and let them score two quick TD's and after that we played them to a 7-7 game. Columbia only lost 4 or 5 impact players from last years 9-2 team.

its those big plays that seperates a Great team from a good team..

nexfan
08-29-2005, 02:41 PM
They werent even big plays. We just sucked in the first 5 minutes. I think those Gobblers had the turkey piss scared out of the Necks before the game started.

IHStangFan
08-29-2005, 02:42 PM
came in w/ their minds not right.....another thing that'll set a good team apart from a great one.

pirate4state
08-29-2005, 02:45 PM
I think those Gobblers had the turkey piss scared out of the Necks before the game started. I know you probably aren't trying to be funny, but darned if it didn't make me ... http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/lisaann/laugh27.gif

nexfan
08-29-2005, 02:47 PM
I get it, beleive me. Cuero is a dang good team. I am not making excuses for last years loss. I was trying to add a little rhetoric as to why I think West Columbia should be in the same categories as these other teams. How many other Region 4 teams have beat Bay City in the last 5 years.

nexfan
08-29-2005, 02:48 PM
I know you probably aren't trying to be funny, but darned if it didn't make me ... http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/lisaann/laugh27.gif

I was trying to be funny. Thanks for the comment. I like Sinton that much more now.

pirate4state
08-29-2005, 02:49 PM
I get it, beleive me. Cuero is a dang good team. I am not making excuses for last years loss. I was trying to add a little rhetoric as to why I think West Columbia should be in the same categories as these other teams. How many other Region 4 teams have beat Bay City in the last 5 years. I hear you. ;)

pirate4state
08-29-2005, 02:52 PM
I was trying to be funny. Thanks for the comment. I like Sinton that much more now. Believe me we (Sinton) know all too well what Cuero can do to a team!! :weeping: