PDA

View Full Version : Bridge City X-County only 3a allowed gets second place in big 4A-5A event

Old Cardinal
08-28-2005, 02:41 PM
Well BC boys were again allowed to run with the big classification schools and placed second in a very large entry field. Aaron Brenner was edged out of first place by a great runner from LaPorte.
The BC girls won first place running in the 3A-2A-1A classification.
I was told that the younger boys and girls also won first place.
The middle school looks great and is out to win its 5th in a row undefeated season.
These youth amaze me, example--Morgan Broussard finished up a X-Country event and came over and joined her volleyball team in a tournament. I hope the scholarships keep coming, these kids deserve them with all their hard work.
In talking with a X-Country Coach; he stated that the"followup stats" on X-Country runners carry on in exhibiting dedication all the way through adult life in assorted endeavors.
Hopefully even more youth will get scholarships in X-Country this year.

JHS_c/o_06'
08-28-2005, 05:37 PM
This is kind of off topic......and maybe im just not familiar with it being refered to that. But i though X = Christ, not cross.

aside from that, good job.

Old Cardinal
08-28-2005, 06:07 PM
I have been seeing it used for CrossCounty as an abreviation only.
If it offends I will use CrossCounty.

This kind of reminds me of a sign at my church that said "Uth Meet at 6 pm Sunday". One old lady got ticked--in reality however there was not enough room for letters to put-- "Youth Meeting at 6 pm Sunday".

I guess we all have our idiosyncracies--I prefer to see "Christmas" fully spelled out over the use of "Xmas"; what about you?