PDA

View Full Version : Zapata Hawks vs Ingleside Mustangs (Week 1)

Hawk Fan Izzy
08-28-2005, 02:01 AM
What are everybody's thoughts on this game? Last year, Ingleside lost 51-22 against the Hawks.

However, I hear this year, IHS is bringing in some heat and with Zapata still rebuilding its offense that lost All-State Receiver Kirby Parades and QB Showtime Martinez, I think this year it might be a good game.

SintonFan
08-28-2005, 03:34 AM
33-27...

SintonFan_inAustin
08-28-2005, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Hawk Fan Izzy
What are everybody's thoughts on this game? Last year, Ingleside lost 51-22 against the Hawks.

However, I hear this year, IHS is bringing in some heat and with Zapata still rebuilding its offense that lost All-State Receiver Kirby Parades and QB Showtime Martinez, I think this year it might be a good game.

Looks like the tables will be turn this year
Ingleside 51 Zapata 7

i think the Mustangs are at the same level as Sinton, maybe a step ahead?

District303aPastPlayer
08-28-2005, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin

i think the Mustangs are at the same level as Sinton, maybe a step ahead?

bold... might be true though...

Chris Hart
08-28-2005, 12:50 PM
Ingleside beats the Hawks, but not up to par with Sinton. You Sinton folks know that, quit being so nice....;)

pirate44
08-28-2005, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
Ingleside beats the Hawks, but not up to par with Sinton. You Sinton folks know that, quit being so nice....;)
yeah, what he said. you guys are scarin me

sinton66
08-28-2005, 01:39 PM
Ingleside will be much improved this year. They're in their second year under Graig Hesseltine. Graig grew up in the Sinton system. I look for Ingleside to be close to par with Sinton by next year. After this year, Graig should know exactly where he can take their system. Naval Station Ingleside closing will hurt their numbers, but they will be very competative.

99IHSMustang
08-28-2005, 01:41 PM

I think Ingleside will do well in this game and win.
Ingleside 42
Zapata 14

As far as Ingleside being up to part with Sinton, I am still not quite sure about that. The back up QB needs some work. We will have to see how they do against some of the better teams they have coming up. Pirates beware though I think they are out to prove something this year! ;)

KTJ
08-28-2005, 01:47 PM
Isn't Zapata the school that was built by drug money?

sinton66
08-28-2005, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

I haven't heard this, but that don't mean much.

HAWKS
08-28-2005, 02:01 PM
KTJ, NO THIS IS NOT THE SCHOOL THAT WAS BUILT BY DRUG MONEY!!! MAY I ASK WHERE DID YOU HEAR SUCH STUPID COMMENT?

sinfan75
08-28-2005, 06:54 PM
I think Ingleside takes this by 3 tds.

RiverRat19
08-28-2005, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

No, that's Roma and Laredo.... Which bracket Zapata on HWY 83....

big daddy russ
08-28-2005, 09:14 PM
Ingleside in a real close one. I think we have as many kinks to work out as the Hawks. We return a lot of players, but those players don't all inherit the same positions they had last year. Zapata has numbers and are always a tough game.

As far as competing with Sinton, I think you guys just have too much for us right now. We may put a scare in you, but you've built a program compared to the one-year wonder we have over in Ingleside.

Not saying the Mustangs can't win, just saying that I don't think we're on your level just yet.

IHStangFan
08-29-2005, 09:51 AM
Ingleside by 2 to 3 TDs

As far as IHS being on Sinton's level. We've ALWAYS had similar talent, but we've just not had it as DEEP as Sinton in several years. we have one outstanding RB, and they'll have 3 outstanding RBs...etc.

District303aPastPlayer
08-29-2005, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Ingleside by 2 to 3 TDs

As far as IHS being on Sinton's level. We've ALWAYS had similar talent, but we've just not had it as DEEP as Sinton in several years. we have one outstanding RB, and they'll have 3 outstanding RBs...etc.

now that i think about it...
Ingleside: Chapman
Sinton: Charles, Ruiz and S. Salone

all in one year... Sinton had 3 great ones... Ingleside had 1 in Brian Chapman... that makes more sense right now...

IHStangFan
08-29-2005, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer

all in one year... Sinton had 3 great ones... Ingleside had 1 in Brian Chapman... that makes more sense right now... DING DING DING!! thank you sir! DPP, we seem to see eye to eye on alot of stuff....youre alright, LOL.

District303aPastPlayer
08-29-2005, 10:15 AM
its like we need our own radio show or something.... wait.. i might be onto something here...

IHStangFan
08-29-2005, 10:18 AM
its like we need our own radio show or something.... wait.. i might be onto something here... "Joining you live from Sinton, Texas...Aaron..and joining us from Palominas, Arizona....Barrett.....okay guys...lets talk turkey....." :D

District303aPastPlayer
08-29-2005, 10:19 AM
"Joining you live from Sinton, Texas...Aaron..and joining us from Palominas, Arizona....Barrett.....okay guys...lets talk turkey....." :D

web posting shows work great... where you just spit out the topic on a thread...and let it just grow :)

IHStangFan
08-29-2005, 10:22 AM
web posting shows work great... where you just spit out the topic on a thread...and let it just grow :) so lets throw something together! LOL. i'll let you...they guy w/ all the experience get it started...then i'll bring my "what i THINK i know" to the table.

District303aPastPlayer
08-29-2005, 10:24 AM
so lets throw something together! LOL. i'll let you...they guy w/ all the experience get it started...then i'll bring my "what i THINK i know" to the table.

it is the morning mess... :)

pirate4state
08-29-2005, 10:26 AM
Ingleside beats the Hawks, but not up to par with Sinton. You Sinton folks know that, quit being so nice....;) LOL...tell that to the Gp folks!! :eek: :D :rolleyes:

pirate4state
08-29-2005, 10:29 AM
...then i'll bring my "what i THINK i know" to the table. Now, that is funny!!! :D :D :D ;)

KTJ
08-29-2005, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by HAWKS
KTJ, NO THIS IS NOT THE SCHOOL THAT WAS BUILT BY DRUG MONEY!!! MAY I ASK WHERE DID YOU HEAR SUCH STUPID COMMENT?

Dude, CALM DOWN.

I heard it from folks who are from the Valley. I had to ref a playoff game there last year (Laredo Nixon vs. Edinburg) and heard the story. I was asking--I wasn't proclaiming.

SintonFan
08-29-2005, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
33-27...
/\
|
Ingleside if ya couldn't figure it out.:D
This is Zapata's first game and Ingleside blew out Bishop last week. Zapata has had good teams for the last few years so this year might prove to be the same. I'm sure Ingleside still has a few kinks to work out.

HAWKS
08-29-2005, 08:27 PM
KTJ,SORRY , I DIDN'T MEAN TO SOUND MAD.:mad: IT JUST BOTHERS ME TO HEAR SOMETHING LIKE THAT, I GUESS BECAUSE I'M A MOTHER AND MY KIDS ATTEND THOSE SCHOOLS. GETTING BACK TO THE TOPIC, I SAY THE HAWKS HAVE A CHANCE OF WINNING FRIDAY.WE MAY NOT WIN BY MUCH BUT WE WILL WIN!!!:cheerl:

pirate4state
08-29-2005, 09:18 PM
KTJ,SORRY , I DIDN'T MEAN TO SOUND MAD.:mad: IT JUST BOTHERS ME TO HEAR SOMETHING LIKE THAT, I GUESS BECAUSE I'M A MOTHER AND MY KIDS ATTEND THOSE SCHOOLS. GETTING BACK TO THE TOPIC, I SAY THE HAWKS HAVE A CHANCE OF WINNING FRIDAY.WE MAY NOT WIN BY MUCH BUT WE WILL WIN!!!:cheerl: You'll always "sound" mad if you keep typing in ALL CAPS. ;) You see, when you type in ALL CAPS in the internet world people associate it with YELLING. :)

Welcome to the board & happy posting!! :)

big daddy russ
08-30-2005, 12:39 AM

all in one year... Sinton had 3 great ones... Ingleside had 1 in Brian Chapman... that makes more sense right now...
Believe it or not, we had another RB who was every bit as talented as Chatman...

...but he was playing QB because the first- and second-string QB's from that team's freshman year quit. Their first string QB (David Reid) actually started on varsity his freshman year.

My brother was a senior WR on that team. If they had stayed together, they would've been good. Maybe not Sinton good, but definitely LaGrange good.

IHStangFan
08-30-2005, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Believe it or not, we had another RB who was every bit as talented as Chatman...

...but he was playing QB because the first- and second-string QB's from that team's freshman year quit. Their first string QB (David Reid) actually started on varsity his freshman year.

My brother was a senior WR on that team. If they had stayed together, they would've been good. Maybe not Sinton good, but definitely LaGrange good. LaGrange good, LOL....sounds like youre making a commercial for some sorta BBQ sauce or something "its UM UM LaGrange good!!" :D

Phil C
08-30-2005, 09:40 AM
Where is the game being played?

99IHSMustang
08-30-2005, 09:41 AM
It was sad to see how much talent we had, but couldn't do anything with it.

IHStangFan
08-30-2005, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
It was sad to see how much talent we had, but couldn't do anything with it. its been that way for years amigo. think back......Wesley Moncrief, Jensen Lockhart, the AJ Watts team...etc....then on to BC Chatman, CJ Jackson, etc. LOADED w/ talent, just nobody (a decent coach) to put it together and make it work......

rgn4fb
08-30-2005, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
/\
|
Ingleside if ya couldn't figure it out.:D
This is Zapata's first game and Ingleside blew out Bishop last week. Zapata has had good teams for the last few years so this year might prove to be the same. I'm sure Ingleside still has a few kinks to work out. Actually, Zapata played and beat Carrizo Springs last week 24-8.

Fish's mom
08-30-2005, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Where is the game being played?
Zapata

Phil C
08-30-2005, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Fish's mom
Zapata

Thank you Fish! Zapata will be very tough at home. I remember how tough they were when we played them in Laredo. I think Ingleside can win but it will be a tough game. Long trip to Zapata. About 165 miles. Whew.

IHStangFan
08-30-2005, 11:42 AM
Thank you Fish! Zapata will be very tough at home. I remember how tough they were when we played them in Laredo. I think Ingleside can win but it will be a tough game. Long trip to Zapata. About 165 miles. Whew. i am actually going to agree w/ the God Father here.....gonna be a dog-fight, but i think the Mustangs are up to the task this year.

Hawk Fan Izzy
08-30-2005, 11:08 PM
I think it's going to be a good game, Zapata wins it 34-27

Zapata will get the offensive kinks out and the Hawk defense looked like a monster :)

And yes, our school was built by drug money.

piratebg
08-31-2005, 07:04 AM
Ingleside 28
Zapata 14

The Mustangs are going to take this one, but Zapata will make it close at home. I hope you Ingleside fans are ready for a very long drive with not too much to look at on the way.

99IHSMustang
08-31-2005, 07:45 AM
I wish that I could make this game but with everything that is going on near the border I just do no think it is safe. On top of that my girlfriend works for the government and is not allowed to go anywhere near the boarder.

piratebg
08-31-2005, 07:49 AM
If your girlfriend really loves you and is an understanding person, she won't mind staying home alone for one night. ;)

99IHSMustang
08-31-2005, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
If your girlfriend really loves you and is an understanding person, she won't mind staying home alone for one night. ;)

I drive an 03 Eclipse with 18’ Chrome wheels. The car is not that appealing but I bet it would be on blocks when I got back to it after the game

District303aPastPlayer
08-31-2005, 08:15 AM
I drive an 03 Eclipse with 18’ Chrome wheels. The car is not that appealing but I bet it would be on blocks when I got back to it after the game

*note to self, call the boys in the shop*

Fish's mom
08-31-2005, 08:33 AM
Thank you Fish! Zapata will be very tough at home. I remember how tough they were when we played them in Laredo. I think Ingleside can win but it will be a tough game. Long trip to Zapata. About 165 miles. Whew.

Yea and figure that one in gas prices Phil C Yikes

I think it will be a hard and close game but I say we win by at least 7.

Phil C
08-31-2005, 08:35 AM

:D

Phil C
08-31-2005, 08:43 AM
Yea and figure that one in gas prices Phil C Yikes

I think it will be a hard and close game but I say we win by at least 7.

You are right about the gas prices Fish. Man that round trip is expensive in gasoline. It would probably be cheaper on everyone if the schools would furnish school buses to the games now and charge everyone say $15 per seat (or whatever)to pay the bus drivers time and gas. Of course the schools won't do it to help everyone else as indicated by rising taxes and price admission costs.

Pardon my cynicism.

99IHSMustang
08-31-2005, 08:44 AM

I will make sure not to go to the Sinton game in my car then... :eek: :eek:

AUSTIN
08-31-2005, 02:21 PM
All I know is that zapata is not bishop!They are gonna come hit you and be physical on offense and defense.if it is close going into the 4th zapata wins it at home!

SintonFan
08-31-2005, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by rgn4fb
Actually, Zapata played and beat Carrizo Springs last week 24-8.
DOH! :doh:
I couldn't find a score and didn't have a Zapata schedule.
I'll still go with the same prediction...33-27
It'll be a good game to see regardless. I wouldn't be suprised if Zapata won either(this is winning Ingleside friends I know;)).
ROFL Hawk Fan Izzy!

And yes, our school was built by drug money.
:D :D :D

Hawk Fan Izzy
08-31-2005, 07:19 PM
For the record, there has been no reported action against fan from another school in the last four years the Hawks have been playing at home.

Even when we lose, the people in Zapata hold pride for their team. They know that they only lost because the other team played better, and down here, we respect effort and dedication.

The guy called HAWKS PM'ed me and asked me how could I say our school was built by drug money, and here's how:

Most of the businesses in Zapata are owned by people who are in the drug business and who purchase things with drug money and who create businesses with drug money. Most people pay their taxes with drug money :)

I'm sorry, it's true ^_^

SintonFan
08-31-2005, 07:32 PM

The guy called HAWKS PM'ed me and asked me how could I say our school was built by drug money, and here's how:

Most of the businesses in Zapata are owned by people who are in the drug business and who purchase things with drug money and who create businesses with drug money. Most people pay their taxes with drug money :)

I'm sorry, it's true ^_^
So is it Merck, Phizer or who? Pharmacuetical companies pay decent wages and that needs are on the up and up. Nice post!:clap:

HAWKS
08-31-2005, 08:35 PM
Hey, Hawk Fan Izzy, to begin with i'm not a guy, and since you are saying that most of our buissness are from drug money, does that include your dads. Zapata is not a big town, we have grocery and dollar stores. The rest are gas stations and restaurants, I don't know how you would get an idea that most of our buisnesses are from drug money.Maybe you know something I don't. you know what they say , It takes one to know one.(dealer)

elcabezon
09-01-2005, 03:28 PM
Actually its probably Roma that you mean. They are the ones that bought there school cash after Zapata had to fork over its tax money under the "Robin Hood" plan.

BTW... Zapata over IHS 28-17

Hawk Fan Izzy
09-02-2005, 01:06 AM
Hey, Hawk Fan Izzy, to begin with i'm not a guy, and since you are saying that most of our buissness are from drug money, does that include your dads. Zapata is not a big town, we have grocery and dollar stores. The rest are gas stations and restaurants, I don't know how you would get an idea that most of our buisnesses are from drug money.Maybe you know something I don't. you know what they say , It takes one to know one.(dealer)

Yes, it does, actually. I can name you several businesses, including MY FATHERS, that are built on drug money. I'd just like to shut up about the rest of them for confidentiality reasons.

Yeah, I know about what happpens in this town you probably don't :) But seriously, open your eyes. :)

Most of the "new" businesses are people who went to drugs, th en got out with enough cash to go more or less legal.

Most taxes are payed with drug money, I've seen it so myself :)

But anyway, good game tomorrow :)

District303aPastPlayer
09-02-2005, 01:31 AM
Yes, it does, actually. I can name you several businesses, including MY FATHERS, that are built on drug money. I'd just like to shut up about the rest of them for confidentiality reasons.

Yeah, I know about what happpens in this town you probably don't :) But seriously, open your eyes. :)

Most of the "new" businesses are people who went to drugs, th en got out with enough cash to go more or less legal.

Most taxes are payed with drug money, I've seen it so myself :)

But anyway, good game tomorrow :)

what did you just admit to? because if i read that right... :eek: :eek: :eek:

HAWKS
09-02-2005, 01:50 AM
Ok Hawk Fan, If you say so. I guess you must really be seeing things here in our town because if you are just saying what you think, you could get in alot of trouble. All I can say is that my husband, my kids and I pay our taxes with the money we EARN ,WORKING HARD. Enough talking about this.

We are going to have a hell of a game today.

:thumbsup: ZAPATA BEATS INGLESIDE BY 14

99IHSMustang
09-02-2005, 07:12 AM
Good Luck to both teams

Fish's mom
09-02-2005, 09:11 AM
May we all have an injury free game and season. Good Luck and see ya in Zapata.

AP Panther Fan
09-02-2005, 11:20 AM
May we all have an injury free game and season. Good Luck and see ya in Zapata.

Good luck and please travel safely!;)

99IHSMustang
09-02-2005, 07:07 PM
When Fish's mom calls me with the updates I will post them.

IHStangFan
09-02-2005, 07:43 PM
When Fish's mom calls me with the updates I will post them. sweet! Thanks Iz-man.

99IHSMustang
09-02-2005, 08:35 PM
Just got an update from fish's mom... At the end of the first Qtr
Ingleside 7
Zapat 0

They had to start 30 mins late becuase of thunder

Wohoo go Mustangs

IHStangFan
09-02-2005, 09:00 PM
Just got an update from fish's mom... At the end of the first Qtr
Ingleside 7
Zapat 0

They had to start 30 mins late becuase of thunder

Wohoo go Mustangs GO STANGS!!

is Coffield QBing? or is it Christman??

99IHSMustang
09-02-2005, 09:11 PM
At the Half

Ingleside 14
Zapata 7

99IHSMustang
09-02-2005, 10:08 PM
End of third Qtr

Ingleside 14
Zapata 19

IHStangFan
09-02-2005, 10:09 PM
End of third Qtr

Ingleside 14
Zapata 19 wow....gonna come down to the wire!!

COME ON STANGS!!

99IHSMustang
09-02-2005, 10:11 PM
wow....gonna come down to the wire!!

COME ON STANGS!!

I think so too. Fish's Mom said that they are having a lot of turnovers. It was raining pretty hard there too , so I think there is a lot of fumbleruski going on

IHStangFan
09-02-2005, 10:12 PM
I think so too. Fish's Mom said that they are having a lot of turnovers. It was raining pretty hard there too , so I think there is a lot of fumbleruski going on seemed to help Sinton maybe.....hopefully we can capitalize on the turnovers also!

99IHSMustang
09-02-2005, 10:43 PM
seemed to help Sinton maybe.....hopefully we can capitalize on the turnovers also!

Unfortunately it went in Zapata's favor....
Final
Ingleside 14
Zapata 32

SintonFan_inAustin
09-02-2005, 10:46 PM
seemed to help Sinton maybe.....hopefully we can capitalize on the turnovers also!

Sintons Defense helpout not the fumbles. GP had one first down and that was with seconds to go til the half, and i believe they had one more first down in late mins of the 4 th. Not official but think GP had 2 first downs.

IHStangFan
09-02-2005, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Sintons Defense helpout not the fumbles. GP had one first down and that was with seconds to go til the half, and i believe they had one more first down in late mins of the 4 th. Not official but think GP had 2 first downs. yeah, i'm aware, i listened to the game.....Sinton's D was able to capitalize on some sloppy GP play....GP was just outclassed.