expect2win08
08-27-2005, 08:20 PM
Jasper 22 WO-S 28
Silsbee 15 Liberty 22
Kirbyville 33 Cleveland 13
Shepherd 42 Kountze 7
Coldspring 12 Rusk 28
Buna 27 Deweyville 29

Just wandering if anyone was at these games and what they thought about them. I was at the shepherd game and they dominated. 35-0 at halftime and the starters came out after the third quarter. Look out for them this year. Defense only gave up 46 total yards and the offense had 400 on the dot with a seventy sumtin yard touchdown called back and a pass dropped that wouldve been a touchdown for around seventy yards. They could be dangerous in this district.

Any comments on the other games?

NateDawg39
08-27-2005, 08:25 PM
Hmmm. Sheperd might prove to be formidable in district. I know Kountze had there moments last year.Things have surely change in the power pool.

District303aPastPlayer
08-27-2005, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Hmmm. Sheperd might prove to be formidable in district. I know Kountze had there moments last year.Things have surely change in the power pool.

isnt kountze a basketball factory? why would they compete in football?

GS#17
08-27-2005, 08:39 PM
I was at the WOS-Jasper game. Jasper is a strong and quick team, but what's new? They always have speed and talent, and this year is no different.

Their weakness on offense, if there was one, is their downfield passing game. They will run the ball against anyone at anytime, but Moye will need to improve on his downfield passing game (he had a good amount of yards passing, but the bulk of those yards are RAC yards). They have some solid running backs and a good OL. They have big-play potential and can score from anywhere on the field.

Defensively, they have an aggressive, swarming defense. If there's one guy on the tackle, there's eleven. They have some heavy hitters and they're not afraid to put a hat on the runner. They are not a dominant unit, yet, but they were strong and they have the potential to be very good by year's end.

They made all their PATs, but were well short on about a 30 yard FG attempt, and I don't think they have much confidence in their punting game. Despite being put in the position where most teams would punt, they went for it on every 4th down -- it's great when it works, but it could end up costing them later in the year.

I hope this doesn't come off too negative or anything, because overall, I think Jasper is a dangerous team with a lot of potential. It would not surprise me in the least bit if they end up in the D2 championship game again this year.

AggiesAreWe
08-27-2005, 10:19 PM
Eight turnovers ( 11 fumbles, 6 lost, 2 ints. ) is just too much for this Silsbee team to overcome. Liberty was a bit suprizing though, had a pretty decent inside running game. Tigers are alternating qb's, haven't got a clear front runner yet. Just the first game, but Silsbee definetly needs to improve their ball handleing skills.