PDA

View Full Version : Bellville vs. Cameron week 1 predictions

theyoefnshow
08-27-2005, 10:06 AM
So? Thoughts on this one? Cameron was picked to beat Fairfield and they did and for the most part Bellville was picked to lose to Caldwell and they took care of the Hornets quite handidly. I'm gonna go w/ Cameron (duh) even though the Brahmas have homefield advantage.

CHS_CG
08-27-2005, 10:20 AM
well, bellville looked good last night and i am goin to go with them just bc 1) we lost to them and 2) i want cameron to have a loss so we are even lol

dutchman
08-27-2005, 10:37 AM
traveling to "The Pasture of Pain"

Chris Hart
08-27-2005, 10:45 AM
This should be a really good game. I'll give the nod to Bellville at home....

Hupernikomen
08-27-2005, 10:47 AM
Two good teams hooking it up early in the year. Should give that area of the state a lot to talk about in the weeks to come.

ILS1
08-27-2005, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
This should be a really good game. I'll give the nod to Bellville at home....

This is a tough call. I think it will be very close and come down to the kicking game. But I have to agree with Chris on this one. Bellville and home field advantage!!!

:D

Dogman
08-27-2005, 07:24 PM
The Yoe will win by 30. I was at the Bellville\Caldwell game and Caldwell lost more than I expected and Bellville is 2 yrs away from a very good team. Bellville had 12 soph's on the roster. Yoe are loaded.

Not trying to be ugly just my opinion. From what I have seen the Yoeboys will be tough.

Good luck to all this season...

And of course....

Go Tigers!!!!

rhs78
08-27-2005, 07:28 PM
I have to take Bellville in an upset special by 3 points. Go Brahmas make d-20 proud

theyoefnshow
08-27-2005, 08:37 PM
I thought Caldwell returned 8 or 9 on each side of the ball? Cameron's biggest advantage this year (similar to last) is that they have 22 starters so nobody has to go both ways. That was one big problem FF had is that they had about 6 or 7 that went both sides of the ball full time.

NateDawg39
08-27-2005, 09:05 PM
This should be Bellville's time to shine.Both will have great seasons non the less.

Bull's-eye
08-28-2005, 11:03 PM
Bellville may be growing up a little quicker than most people expected. The Jr. and Sophomore classes both dominated and were unbeaten as freshmen. Bellville appears to have great depth in the trenches and a full stable of runners. The passing game was a little off, but I expect big things in that area. The QB just missed on a few deep passes that would of been sure touchdowns. I expect them to improve from week to week and build confidence with each game. Cameron will test their pass defense, but I'm more concerned about their running out of the spread formation. The D-line and LB's will have to be ready! Cameron will be favored, but Bellville is tough at the "Pasture". Another great defensive effort by the Brahmas and a little better passing game, the Brahmas will pull off the upset.

LeonJr
08-28-2005, 11:04 PM
The Yoe is Cool!

BrahmaMom
08-28-2005, 11:23 PM
Good to hear from you, Chris, seems like it's been a while. I can always count on you to back the Brahmas. Bull's Eye is right (as usual, in my book), the Brahmas seem to be coming on stronger and faster than expected by some. I thought they should be pretty good this year, but am not following them too closely. They are formidable at the Pasture and Brahma fans are pretty feisty themselves. I have a "date" with the Rice Owls Friday evening and a scrimmage to attend for them Sautday morning, so won't be in the stands Friday night in Bellville. Will have to leave the coaching up to Red Mustache, Bull's Eye, Bellville22, KL3, FormerBellvilleBrahma--and, oh yes, Huey Chancellor! Go BULLS, beat Cameron--just for BrahmaMom!!

Bull's-eye
08-28-2005, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
Will have to leave the coaching up to Red Mustache, Bull's Eye, Bellville22, KL3, FormerBellvilleBrahma--and, oh yes, Huey Chancellor!

What a coaching staff!! :D (Only if I get to coach defense and I can bring back those former Brahmas plaing at Rice.)

KL3
08-29-2005, 12:34 PM
According to the BCS Eagle, Caldwell returned 13 starters. Then in Saturday's edition, the same writer called Caldwell a "rebuilding team".

theyoefnshow, from the BCS Eagle, Cameron has a roster of only 34 players, compared to Bellville's 50. I think the only position you really worry about in going both ways is on the line. Bellville has 1 kid that does that, so I'm not too worried about fatigue. Bellville also rotates the dlineman very often. I believe 5, maybe 6 defensive tackles played last Friday.

BrahmaMom
08-29-2005, 03:50 PM
The defense is yours Bull's Eye! Just remember, it isn't too far a drive from SL to Rice U. Those former Brahmas are now both DE's and the Rice defense looks good to me ( I am biased)! Please try to make a home game. The Navy game should good. Let me know, I'll get tix to you and Red Mustache. Bellville continues to produce--GO BULLS!!!

Bull's-eye
08-29-2005, 04:20 PM
That would be great! That Navy game is a day after my birthday and I'm sure "Red Mustache" would really enjoy the game. When is the scrimmage? I would like to watch those Ex-Brahmas!