PDA

View Full Version : Cuero 41 West Oso 7...

Gobbla2001
08-27-2005, 09:52 AM
Searched a couple of pages and didn't see the score, figured I'd post the box-score as well...

Cuero.......... Oso

First downs

Rushes/Yards
33/175........ 37/47

Passing yards

I think the boys must have been nervous or something... Olguin busted out on the first offensive play for a 54 yard TD, but after that the guys were just trying out new stuff and went cold... and it doesn't help when West Oso's D is huge and fast and hit like a ton of bricks...

All and all, the boys got it together, and We're Back, gobbler84 and chubbed_up had great games for anyone wondering...

Great job West-Oso, the fan support was great, they ALL stayed till the last second.... the team overall had improved, great job...

Titans
08-27-2005, 09:56 AM
Good 1st game for the Turkeys.

When do they play a worthy opponent?

Opponent/Date/Time/Place

sinton66
08-27-2005, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Searched a couple of pages and didn't see the score, figured I'd post the box-score as well...

Cuero.......... Oso

First downs

Rushes/Yards
33/175........ 37/47

Passing yards

I think the boys must have been nervous or something... Olguin busted out on the first offensive play for a 54 yard TD, but after that the guys were just trying out new stuff and went cold... and it doesn't help when West Oso's D is huge and fast and hit like a ton of bricks...

All and all, the boys got it together, and We're Back, gobbler84 and chubbed_up had great games for anyone wondering...

Great job West-Oso, the fan support was great, they ALL stayed till the last second.... the team overall had improved, great job...

It was on SintonFan's updates thread, sorry, I shoulda changed the title for ya. Congrats Gobblers.

Gobbla2001
08-27-2005, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Titans
Good 1st game for the Turkeys.

When do they play a worthy opponent?

Opponent/Date/Time/Place

I dunno, West Oso was pretty tough, the game was closer than ya think prolly... returned 18 or so starters from last year...

But we have Wharton in two weeks... La Grange this week...

Gobbler Fan
08-27-2005, 10:03 AM
We have some Recievers wouldnt you say Gobbla ......speed mixed with great hands makes for a good combination . What about our 6'4 reciever and that TD catch in the endzone very nice to be able to go up and get it like that easily out jumping the secondary .

Titans
08-27-2005, 10:05 AM
Oso may be tougher than I think...as I don't believe they'll finish above .500

4-6, possibly 3-7 for West Oso this year.

Don't know much about LaGrange or Wharton this year.

Gobbla2001
08-27-2005, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
We have some Recievers wouldnt you say Gobbla ......speed mixed with great hands makes for a good combination . What about our 6'4 reciever and that TD catch in the endzone very nice to be able to go up and get it like that easily out jumping the secondary .

Sirsnagsalot? ha...

yah, the receivers are amazing...

Latreal loooked a little timid running the ball last night, atleast he's got his feet wet...

Gobbler Fan
08-27-2005, 10:15 AM
I think that first hit by West Oso was a welcome back hit to Latreal the pop was loud .....yeah forgot A.S. was sirsnagsalot one of the infamous banned members from the downlow:clap: Cuero just needs to work out those penalties that killed them on a couple of long play's that they had to bring back .

Gobbla2001
08-27-2005, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
I think that first hit by West Oso was a welcome back hit to Latreal the pop was loud .....yeah forgot A.S. was sirsnagsalot one of the infamous banned members from the downlow:clap: Cuero just needs to work out those penalties that killed them on a couple of long play's that they had to bring back .

Yah, those penalties will go down instantly I'm sure... those boys were jittery last night...

Gobbla2001
08-27-2005, 11:26 AM
Just read the advocate, one of our self-ROM'd posters, We're Back, threw for 259 yards... sure wish that 70 yard pass wouldn't have been called back for holding, coulda had 300+ yards in his first start...

Great job K.N.

Gobbla2001
08-27-2005, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Titans
Oso may be tougher than I think...as I don't believe they'll finish above .500

4-6, possibly 3-7 for West Oso this year.

Don't know much about LaGrange or Wharton this year.

They return 18 starters from a playoff team last year...

Unless every other team they've played has gotten that much better, I see them finishing above .500...

gobblerfan02
08-28-2005, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Just read the advocate, one of our self-ROM'd posters, We're Back, threw for 259 yards... sure wish that 70 yard pass wouldn't have been called back for holding, coulda had 300+ yards in his first start...

Great job K.N.
And to think, he did it with a certain someone watchin him in the stands last nite.....she sat right below me!;)