PDA

View Full Version : Hutch kids want to reconsider their choice of school and opinion of Madison?

JR2004
08-27-2005, 12:45 AM
That 24-7 Madison win is a deceiving score at best. The ONLY TD for SOC came via a referee saying that Willie Hutchins had let the ball touch his foot on a punt return near the end of the first half. Other than that, this game was completely dominated by the 25 guys suited up in the forest green and gold. The defense only gave up two sustained drives by SOC and one ended with a badly missed FG and the other ended in a turnover. Madison's defense is as good as advertised. Those boys had one highlight reel hit after another tonight against a team that they were probhibited underdogs in due to the Hutch kids being there.

Davidson was very shaky in the 1st half at QB, but that's to be expected when you've never play a snap of football in a high school game. He settled down in the 3rd quarter and threw a TD and ran another one in later. If Madison had been playing a more experienced QB, then we could've been looking at a score somewhere in the 40's because his WR corps was blowing past SOC's secondary from start to finish and McNeil had a TD called back as well in the 2nd quarter. The only negative that can come out of this game is LB Corey White getting injured on a cut block. I had to take him home and obviously he was less than thrilled about the win because this could be serious enough that he tore some stuff up in his knee, but hopefully for him he'll be okay and just be out for a week or two. I'd be looking for Madison to get into the AP top 10 this coming week after this thorough domination tonight.

hutchfan
08-27-2005, 04:04 AM
Madison better be thanking the football gods for Hutch's Administration problems... because as I thought SOC'[s football coaches are trash... I played against SOC two years ago and the coaches weren’t any good then and evidently they haven't improved… Hutch beat Madison last year and returned almost the whole team before the school was disbanded…. You don’t give a talented group of kids to an already talented team and not produce an offensive TD… that’s sad…. Oooooooooooooooo I wish HUTCH had a chance …. This is tearing me up inside… Congrats to Madison but I can only think that they should be second best in that district

MARLINDOGS
08-27-2005, 05:46 AM
What a deal.

whereugo
08-27-2005, 01:38 PM
Was hoping Hutch would have a chance, too - there's no reason for the SOC team not to be killin' this year - EXCEPT coaching and that's the key - doesn't matter what you have if you can't put a team on the field and coach them - unfortunately, there were many other factors in deciding where the Hutch kids could go to school - there are some schools they would not have been safe in.