PDA

View Full Version : Some Corpus Christi Area Scores!

PhiI C
08-26-2005, 11:26 PM
Not all are 3A but here are some 3A scores:

Odem 32 Mathis 20
Aransas Pass 27 San Diego 20
Falfurrias 14 Premont 14
Banquette 10 Orange Grove 7

Some 2A scores:

Refugio 55 Boling 14
Freer 42 Benavidas 6
Lyford 26 Hebbronville 7
Aqua Dulce 32 Runge 24
Skidmore-Tynan 55 Shiner St. Paul 0
SA Cole 27 Three Rivers 6
Woodsborro 34 Ben Bolt 6

SintonFan
08-26-2005, 11:51 PM
Thank for the scores GodFather!:clap: :clap: :clap:

pirate44
08-27-2005, 06:05 AM
thanks Phil C.

sinton66
08-27-2005, 08:38 AM
I saw in the paper this morning that our ex coach and his Alice Coyotes beat Moody 31 to 2. Alice just might be better this year than people think.

pirate4state
08-27-2005, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
I saw in the paper this morning that our ex coach and his Alice Coyotes beat Moody 31 to 2. Alice just might be better this year than people think. I heard the same thing on the radio last night, but then Channel 3 had Alice losing to Moody 28 to 2. :eek: :confused: If Alice did win then congrats to Coach Davis & the Coyotes!! :clap:

Buccaneer
08-27-2005, 10:40 AM
Fal beat Premont 20 - 14 2OT
Ingleside 48 Bishop 0
St. Joseph 27 Goliad 6

PhiI C
08-27-2005, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
Fal beat Premont 20 - 14 2OT
Ingleside 48 Bishop 0
St. Joseph 27 Goliad 6

Thanks for updates Buc especially on the Fal game. I guess Channel 6 overlooked the overtime.

Ray_BearKat
08-27-2005, 03:15 PM
I didn't get to see a game last night cause we don't start till next week...vs Mathis any info on the Pirates?

SintonFan
08-27-2005, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Ray_BearKat
I didn't get to see a game last night cause we don't start till next week...vs Mathis any info on the Pirates?
Mathis was beating Odem 19-0. Odem scored 32 unanswered points to beat them 32-19. They look a little unpredictable.

99IHSMustang
08-27-2005, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Mathis was beating Odem 19-0. Odem scored 32 unanswered points to beat them 32-19. They look a little unpredictable.

Yeah, I agree. Odem must have really put it together in the second half.

IHStangFan
08-27-2005, 06:56 PM
Ingleside's coach musta called off the dogs....at halftime the score came in as Ingleside up 38 to 0.

way to go Mustangs.

District303aPastPlayer
08-27-2005, 08:21 PM
my take on Taft:

Taft was a good scrappy lil team. they have a great coach that they believe in... i talked to a taft educator today and he said that the team really believes in themselves now and their coach has done wonders to their confidence. they should win about 3-4 games this year... they are VERY quick.. they should cause fits for teams that like to pocket pass with 3+ step drops and QBs who like to scamper around a lil bit... their D was shaky at times... but they look to grow as the team goes along... not really a bad showing against Sinton.

b-dogs
08-27-2005, 09:01 PM
Taft will be 0-3 going into district. Then, they get to play George West and Banquete (playoff favorites) the first two games of district. If they don't win one of those games, the hounds season is over. Most teams in our district just run the ball so the pass rush will do them no good. Odem is the only team that likes to pass. Only time will tell.

NateDawg39
08-27-2005, 09:02 PM
I wonder how Falfurrias will do this year in District? or in the playoffs??

District303aPastPlayer
08-27-2005, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by b-dogs
Taft will be 0-3 going into district. Then, they get to play George West and Banquete (playoff favorites) the first two games of district. If they don't win one of those games, the hounds season is over. Most teams in our district just run the ball so the pass rush will do them no good. Odem is the only team that likes to pass. Only time will tell.

who else does taft have lined up?

District303aPastPlayer
08-27-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
I wonder how Falfurrias will do this year in District? or in the playoffs??

i could have sworn they lost... its what i had heard

AP Panther Fan
08-27-2005, 09:13 PM
AP actually won 28-26. It was a good game, we did some good things and the mistakes we made were costly....the score should have been much better!

I know, coulda, woulda, shoulda!;) :D

b-dogs
08-27-2005, 09:26 PM
They will have to play Odem and Skidmore towards the end of district. It will be a dog fight to get into the playoffs just like last year. Nothing was decided until the final week with Banquete, Odem and Skidmore all ended up at 5-1. George West was at 4-2. Fal won in overtime. Aransas Pass caused me a game in the pick em contest. I thought A.P. would lose that game.

AP Panther Fan
08-27-2005, 09:37 PM
They will have to play Odem and Skidmore towards the end of district. It will be a dog fight to get into the playoffs just like last year. Nothing was decided until the final week with Banquete, Odem and Skidmore all ended up at 5-1. George West was at 4-2. Fal won in overtime. Aransas Pass caused me a game in the pick em contest. I thought A.P. would lose that game.

LOL...sorry about us costing you a game...not!:D

I spent the entire day at your school today! After getting home from San Diego last night...oh about 12:15 :eek: going to bed at 1:00 a.m.....I had to get up at 5:30 to get my daughter to a volleyball tournament back in Banquete this morning! I am getting pretty good at making my way either to or thru Banquete!

Your school is nice and the folks I talked to from Banquete last week at the scrimmage were great! I did have to drive back to Robstown to eat lunch though today...went to Los Palmas and it was good!:D

b-dogs
08-27-2005, 09:50 PM
Your daughter must be in 7th or 8th grade? How did they do? Our girls are not too good at v-ball. There is no place to eat here in town. Las Palmas is pretty good but you should have gone to Joe Cottons. Thats some gooood brisket.

AP Panther Fan
08-27-2005, 10:07 PM
Your daughter must be in 7th or 8th grade? How did they do? Our girls are not too good at v-ball. There is no place to eat here in town. Las Palmas is pretty good but you should have gone to Joe Cottons. Thats some gooood brisket.

Yes, 7th grade! :D We need lots of practice and I'll leave it at that.;) Both 7th and 8th grade came in fourth (if there is such a thing) and it was a very long day (we didn't get home until about 7).

I think one of your teams placed, I just can't remember which after watching 50 bazillion games today!:D

btw....Joe Cotton's is wonderful...try to eat there when going to Kingsville. That brings me to another thought, last week going to Banquete for the scrimmage, I passed Joe Cotton's! :eek: :eek: Not possible, unless you made a wrong turn, which I did!:D Trust me, now I NOW know the way!:D

b-dogs
08-27-2005, 10:20 PM
I read about your sight seeing tour in another thread a few days back. I'm sure I would get lost going to A.P.. I have'nt been there since I was in high school many moons ago.

b-dogs
08-27-2005, 10:23 PM
That's not correct, I went to A.P. last year when we scrimmaged. It's tough getting old.

AP Panther Fan
08-27-2005, 10:24 PM
I read about your sight seeing tour in another thread a few days back.

ahhh, so you know the rest of the story! :rolleyes:

glad to see you posting and thanks for being such nice hosts to Aransas Pass over the last week!:)

Bobcat
08-27-2005, 11:07 PM
Glad to see the Orange and Black are playing well early. Always keeping an eye on the hometown. Way to go Refugio!!!!

Bobcats bleed Orange&Black

AP Panther Fan
08-27-2005, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Bobcat
Glad to see the Orange and Black are playing well early. Always keeping an eye on the hometown. Way to go Refugio!!!!

Bobcats bleed Orange&Black

Refugio always has alot of talent! Congratulations on their win! :thumbsup: