PDA

View Full Version : 4A Taylor 26 4A Burnet 13 Final

ILS1
08-26-2005, 11:12 PM
Wow!! This was a surprise to me. But I was at this game and Taylor looked REALLY good. Burnet's running game seemed to struggle. Turnovers and big plays was their main doing in. Burnet QB Stiflemire threw an interception in the end zone and Taylor's Dwayne Mathis returned a punt 60 yards. Here's the story from the Austin American Statesman:

AMERICAN-STATESMAN CORRESPONDENT

Friday, August 26, 2005

Taylor forced three first-half turnovers and Dwayne Mathis had a 60-yard punt return for a score as the Ducks (1-0) defeated visiting Burnet (0-1) before more than 5,000 fans at Taylor's Memorial Stadium.

Burnet took the opening kickoff and marched 70 yards on 12 plays, with Darius Nesby racing in from 15 yards out to give the Bulldogs an early lead.

Taylor got in the game on Mathis' scamper and moved ahead when Braeden Lawhon delivered a 27-yard score to Mathis. The junior quarterback later ran in from the one yard line after Michael Campos picked off an errant Burnet toss.

Nesby added another score for Burnet in the third-quarter.

The Ducks iced the contest with a seven-minute, fourth-quarter drive capped by a seven-yard scoring run from Robert Aikens.

Taylor 26 Burnet 13 Game Story (www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/highschool/08/27taylor.html)

LH Panther Mom
08-26-2005, 11:21 PM
:eek: :eek: That's surprising to me!

SintonFan
08-26-2005, 11:58 PM
Just take it as a pre-district loss guys. I'm pulling for you Bulldogs!!! :)

Chris Hart
08-27-2005, 12:05 AM
We have ALOT of work to do period. We have a chance to be a pretty good team with what talent we have, BUT in all honesty, I only see 2 of what I would call for sure wins on our schedule. Them being Austin Reagan and Marble Falls. I'm thinking if we don't get better quickly, 3-7 to 5-5. It wasn't pretty at all.:o

SintonFan
08-27-2005, 12:07 AM
Coach Shipley will get those boys on the same page quickly I'm sure. :)

ILS1
08-27-2005, 12:13 AM
[
before more than 5,000 fans at Taylor's Memorial Stadium.

Yeah,and I bet about half of that was all Taylor HS students just hanging out in the South end zone just socializing and not even paying attention to the game. I tried getting a drink and it took 10 minutes just to get thru all these kids!!! Sheesh!!!

:D :D