PDA

View Full Version : fairfield over madisonville

fhseagle
11-07-2003, 11:20 PM
fairfield beat madisonville tonight 31-6. fairfield had 2 fumble returns for touchdowns. held madisonville to 113 yds of total offense, while we had 244. 147 rushing and 97 passing. fairfields defense showed up and is ready for the playoffs...they played one hell of a game. they also had one of the best games running the ball that they have had in a while. here comes the playoffs...

eaglefan
11-07-2003, 11:41 PM
Fairfield did look very well tonight I thought. I think the offense still had a little to be desired, but I do not want to get nit-picky tonight. They looked very good running the ball, and Jose Gallegos had his best game of the year I believe. Fairfield did a great job limiting the mistakes (1 turnover, and only 6 penalties), and when you do that you give yourself the opportunity to succeed. Next up is Newton for Fairfield, which is going to be a very good test because Newton is an excellent team. The inside on the time and place is sometime Friday night at Nacogdoches High School. I know I will be there, and hopefully Fairfield will fill the stands.

dwhite_eaglesfan
11-08-2003, 12:31 AM
I will be there,the time is 7:30. We did play very good D and did some good things on offense. Jose did have his best game, he was geting some lanes. Special teams did a good job. Madisonville had a little better team than I thought they did,big 77 is a good ballplayer.

fhseagle
11-08-2003, 12:35 AM
their quarterback was a big SOB wasnt he. so was that #77. I think their running back, #2, wanst all there tonight. He seemed to be on the sidelines in the second half part of the time. I think he took a shot. I cant remember, though.

eaglefan
11-08-2003, 12:36 AM
Fairfield's D looked really well I thought, and they are going to have to show up against a Newton squad that I will venture to say will be the best team that they have faced all season. Fairfield running the ball tonight was great, but still think that spreading the field gives the Eagles the best chance of winning...and speaking of "chance", Chance Elliott is going to have to step up I believe. Tonight he really did not throw the ball very well, but I would love to see him look to run more. His legs are a weapon that really has not been utilized very much this year. Next week Newton will have Fairfield scouted really well, that is a garauntee...but they haven't seen Chance run much and it would be a great decision I think to see Chance take off and make things happen himself a lot more. Just a thought....

Bongo
11-08-2003, 12:38 AM
Good job Fairfield. Hope you got through the game injury-free. Look forward to possibly another post season match-up with you guys.

eaglefan
11-08-2003, 12:43 AM
Thanks Bongo...Fairfield did come through injury free and definitely on a high from a convincing win. I would love to see you guys on the field again, because if it happens it will be for the regional final. good luck to you guys.

dwhite_eaglesfan
11-08-2003, 12:49 AM
Thank Bongo and good luck to Bellville. I would like to see ya'll to. Marlin looked awful tough tonight(70-7).

MARLINFAN
11-08-2003, 03:34 AM
okayy so fairfield plays newton in the first round. i would think that the game will be played in sam houston state university because its neutral between both schools. okay do u really think fairfield has what it takes to beat newton. this should be a great game it will pit the former #5 fairfield aganist the former #3 or #4 newton

dwhite_eaglesfan
11-08-2003, 11:16 AM
I think Fairfield has a good chance,if we play within ourselves and continue holding on to the ball,and keep the mistakes down. It's not what WE think,it's what the kids think. No one knows what's going to happen on any given night until the ball is kicked. It really don't matter where we play,rather how we play.