PDA

View Full Version : Final WO-S 28 Jasper 22

Hupernikomen
08-26-2005, 10:48 PM
I have zero details just heard the score. My guess is that there were a few turnovers in this one that made the difference.

gobbler grad
08-26-2005, 10:49 PM
sounds like a great game...

3afan
08-26-2005, 10:49 PM
Just heard Jasper threw an INT that was returned for a touchdown.

Also heard the final was 28-23.

Buckeyeman
08-26-2005, 10:51 PM
There's a lot more info about this game on Smoaky.com

WOS87
08-26-2005, 10:53 PM
Very messy game... Jasper fumbled 5 times in the 2nd half

WO-S took a 14-0 lead... Jasper tied it up 14-14... WO-S led 20-14 at the half.

WO-S took a 28-14 lead in the 3rd, Jasper came back with a 2point conversion to make it 28-22 and that was it

Hupernikomen
08-26-2005, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Buckeyeman
There's a lot more info about this game on Smoaky.com

I just wait for it to trickle on here. Did you go to the game?

spiveyrat
08-26-2005, 10:56 PM
It was 28-22. Jasper had the ball late in the 4th but lost the ball. :(

It would have been an exciting one to be at!

spiveyrat
08-26-2005, 10:59 PM
WOS scored on their first two possessions. Then Jasper, on 4th down fakes the punt, gets the first and scores later. Then they go for the on side kick, get the ball back, and score again. :eek:

Exciting first quarter!

JasperDog94
08-26-2005, 11:00 PM
Wish I could have been there. Sounds a lot like last year's game, but with WOS not having as many turnovers.

Hupernikomen
08-26-2005, 11:22 PM
I just hope we improve the offense from here forward and if we do we will be fine.

W0-S sounds like they have worked some diversity into their offense.

RBARKER
08-26-2005, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
I just hope we improve the offense from here forward and if we do we will be fine.

W0-S sounds like they have worked some diversity into their offense.

Hey Huper talked to Jody tonight and he told me to tell you not to worry he still thinks both of you suck. Dont jump on me this is Jody's words.:D

Hupernikomen
08-26-2005, 11:27 PM
Yeah the midget called me twice...lol

SintonFan
08-26-2005, 11:51 PM
Sorry about the loss Jasper. You guys will rebound and play a huge part in the playoffs no doubt.:clap: :clap:
Congratulations on the win WOS.:clap: :)

RBARKER
08-27-2005, 12:18 AM
Yeah the midget called me twice...lol

I think he would rather be called little people
:D h

WOS92
08-27-2005, 12:35 AM
Both teams played hard, but WO-S definitely - with all due respect - earned the win tonight. Moye showed a lot of talent, but seems somewhat afraid of being hit. When he runs inside or gets into a pack of linebackers, he slides 90 percent of the time, and when he took hits tonight, he fumbled. To our credit, none of the fumbles were just butterfingers - they were forced.
Beasley looked incredible for being in his first game at QB. He took some hard hits but never laid down. He even delivered one of his own on a big run in the 4th. There was no INT return for a TD.

MARLINDOGS
08-27-2005, 01:00 AM
Both teams played a great game.

Hupernikomen
08-27-2005, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by WOS92
Both teams played hard, but WO-S definitely - with all due respect - earned the win tonight. Moye showed a lot of talent, but seems somewhat afraid of being hit. When he runs inside or gets into a pack of linebackers, he slides 90 percent of the time, and when he took hits tonight, he fumbled. To our credit, none of the fumbles were just butterfingers - they were forced.
Beasley looked incredible for being in his first game at QB. He took some hard hits but never laid down. He even delivered one of his own on a big run in the 4th. There was no INT return for a TD.

Moye certainly isn't afraid of taking a hit. He flat ran over people last year at times. He does try and make too many moves to break a long play and has a tendency not to tuck the ball away.

WOS92
08-27-2005, 01:31 AM
No disrespect intended... Tonight he just seemed to slide whenever the D would close in.

Hupernikomen
08-27-2005, 01:37 AM
Just telling you what I have seen over quite a few games. He likes to hop around hoping to elude would be tacklers and then break it for a long run. It has worked on many occasions. WO-S players are taught too well to be fooled and swarm too well to the ball for that to work much.

WOS1
08-27-2005, 01:45 AM
Moye is definitely a very talented individual. Several times tonight I would think he was bottled up and he slipped past us. This was a typical WO-S vs Jasper knock down drag out. Both sides wanted this one bad, Jasper took some chances early and they paid off and got them back in the game. I'll be pulling for you guys from here on out, good luck, ya'll have a great team.

Hupernikomen
08-27-2005, 10:45 AM
Playing each other can't do anything but build a lot of confidence in both teams with this outcome. WO-S because they won at Jasper, and Jasper because they played a close ballgame against WO-S. Been a few times that WO-S just pasted us in this predistrict affair. I think we will work out the kinks and will be fine. I am sure WO-S caused everyone of those fumbles, but you have got to tuck the ball in because goods teams are going to hit you hard from multiple direction all at one time. Don't think he quite understands that yet.

WOS1
08-27-2005, 02:49 PM
I think the biggest problem with Jasper putting the ball on the carpet last night was fatigue. All the fumbles were in the second half (5). Jasper only lost 3 of them, but a couple were when Moye appeared he couldn't quite get all the way down to pick up the ball on the snap. He ran A LOT last night and was pretty much the main Jasper threat. In that second half, with the heat like it was and trying to catch your breath, it gets hard to hang on to that ball when you are getting stuck.

dawgmom
08-27-2005, 03:06 PM
Actually there was a fumble that Moye just dropped. And for some reason, he seemed to be slipping down a lot. Gilbert IS NOT AFRAID TO GET HIT!!! Never has been, never will be. Tired?? You bet! I was exhausted and I was just sitting in the stands, SWEATING LIKE CRAZY!!! We will rebound and learn from this and play much better the remainder of the season, including playoffs! After all, last year, we played a very similar game, different outcome, but still similar, and look what we did the rest of the year! GO DAWGS!!!
By the way, where were all you WOS posters last night? I waited at the entrance at halftime and noone showed?????

GS#17
08-27-2005, 03:10 PM
Sorry I missed you all, but I got to talking about the first half and what to expect in the second half, and halftime passed me by. As I put on our board, I did run into J_Dog, which is always a pleasure, but hope to meet you all (fans, not team :)) late in the playoffs, hopefully as part of a double-header. :)

j_dog
08-27-2005, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by GS#17
.... I did run into J_Dog, which is always a pleasure, but hope to meet you all (fans, not team :)) late in the playoffs, hopefully as part of a double-header. :)
It was great to see you also. And to meet your WOS site admins. :) Congratulations on a big win. :clap: And I think Jasper gained from the night also. They will be much better prepared for district and the playoffs for having played a team like WOS. :clap:

Supertilley
08-28-2005, 03:23 PM
When #4 came in at Qb did moye take his self out?

Astrosdawg07
08-28-2005, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Supertilley
When #4 came in at Qb did moye take his self out?
No, Coach Lauve made the switch.

WOS1
08-28-2005, 04:52 PM
As I told ya'll on the Jasper board, my daughter is in the drill team and I watched her for the first part of the half. After she finished, my wife and the rest of my kids were tired and hot and were ready to leave so I walked them to the car. When I returned, I walked over to the entrance, but I could not find anyone with a flag. An older gentleman was watching me so I asked him if he'd seen anyone with a flag that people were signing, he said he hadn't seen anything like that. Sorry I missed it...

Jody
09-01-2005, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by RBARKER
Hey Huper talked to Jody tonight and he told me to tell you not to worry he still thinks both of you suck. Dont jump on me this is Jody's words.:D

Nah, can't say Jasper sucks anymore. Gas is almost $3.00 and I might need to carpool with some of those North of I-10 Yankees during the playoffs. See, you got to figure Old Cardinal won't be making any playoff trips with Bridge City, so I have to depend on a team that might go 2 or 3 deep in the playoffs, and I be #$^% if I would ride with someone from orange..... :D

Jasper is ok in my books, until we play them in the playoffs. Then it is "SHIRT" time.

Hupernikomen
09-01-2005, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Jody
Nah, can't say Jasper sucks anymore. Gas is almost $3.00 and I might need to carpool with some of those North of I-10 Yankees during the playoffs. See, you got to figure Old Cardinal won't be making any playoff trips with Bridge City, so I have to depend on a team that might go 2 or 3 deep in the playoffs, and I be #$^% if I would ride with someone from orange..... :D

Jasper is ok in my books, until we play them in the playoffs. Then it is "SHIRT" time.

Jody gets internet back...doomsday is upon us all.

Carpooling is a must at this point. Is the Vidor game at Mount B. or in Vidor?

shellman54
09-01-2005, 09:20 AM
At the Hill. U coming out?

Jody
09-01-2005, 03:04 PM
Barbers Hill home game. You coming out or working the Hardin game?

j_dog
09-01-2005, 03:24 PM
Jody gets internet back...doomsday is upon us all.

Hide the women and children! It could get nasty! :D ;)