PDA

View Full Version : Iowa Park 14 @ Mineral Wells 21 F

fury900
08-26-2005, 10:27 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

VWG
08-26-2005, 11:06 PM
The split veer of Coach Bourquin (formerly of Graham) comes back and bites the Hawks. New team... same result. He's either 5-1 or 4-1 the last few years against Iowa Park.

injuredinmelee
08-26-2005, 11:09 PM
I bet the Irony wasnt lost on the IP fans. This is the most shocking score I have seen so far tonight.

VWG
08-26-2005, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I bet the Irony wasnt lost on the IP fans. This is the most shocking score I have seen so far tonight.

As much as he was dogged for not winning a playoff game, you've got to give Bourquin credit. His system works. It's not pretty or flashy, but I won't be surprised to see Mineral Wells sneak in the playoffs as the number 3 team in their district.
He brought two other former Graham coaches with him and they are both good coaches as well. He might be able to turn things around in Mineral Wells.

GreenMonster
08-26-2005, 11:23 PM
Mineral Wells came out ready to play and ran the opening kickoff back for a touchdown. Took IP several series to get the jitters out offensively before settling in. The IP offense monted a couple of nice drives that ended in nothing due to penalties or fumbles and had a couple of nice drives to score their 2 TD's but Bourquin and the Rams answered quickly after both IP scores with touchdowns of their own. 4th quarter was ugly for both teams as the turnover bug made it's rounds. Mineral Wells hung on for the win with an INT inside of 3 minutes to seal the victory. Now, my personal opinion. Mineral Wells wanted it more than the Hawks. IP looked out of shape and lethargic for most of the game. Mineral Wells looked to be in better condition and made fewer mistakes. IP was without a starting QB but that is no excuse. IP is in desperate need for an on field leader to step up and take control of that team. Give these kids some time and I feel IP will be just fine. I predict 2 rounds in the playoffs.

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-27-2005, 01:41 AM
I had a feeling that the Rams would upset IP. The Hawks don't need to worry just yet. MW is a larger school and they have a good football team. This was a close game and IP will bounce back.

Macarthur
08-29-2005, 11:11 AM
GreenMonster, I would disagree on one thing. I don't think either team wanted it too badly. Eventhough IP had 5 turnovers in the 4th quarter (that's hard to do), MW had 3 themselves. MW tried to give IP the game, but IP wouldn't take it. I think you said it when you said MW hung on to win.

Keep in mind IP had almost 2x the total offense and MW really only made 3 plays the entire game. IP's defense really played well other than the long run and the trick play.

I think IP will look much different when Reily comes back at QB.