PDA

View Full Version : Bellville 24 Caldwell 6 FINAL

theyoefnshow
08-26-2005, 10:16 PM
is what was just said on KMIL...Gotta say I'msuprised. Cameron vs. Bellville should be a slobber knocker next week.....

rockdale80
08-26-2005, 10:18 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

CHS_CG
08-26-2005, 10:44 PM
I dont know what was up with our guys tonight! We have talent on our team but man we were sure hurting tonight. I am sure we will pull together and I am still behind my guys 100%

Look up for next week guys!

marlin fan
08-26-2005, 10:52 PM
sorry about the lose Hornets!!! hmmm Makes me think... we play Bellville week 2!!

SintonFan
08-27-2005, 12:04 AM
Sorry about the loss Hornets. You guys will be pretty darn good. :cool:
Congratulations Brahmas on your victory. :)

caldwellguard62
08-27-2005, 12:13 AM
Yea we didnt play very good basically we played like sh**. We had alot of people get hurt tonight with myself included i got a mild concussion and about 4 other people were hurt tonight. Not taking anything away from bellville they are a great team. But this game really doesnt matter it doesnt start until district.

MARLINDOGS
08-27-2005, 12:51 AM
Yeah district what gets you to the playoffs.

strike hard
08-27-2005, 01:03 AM
Way to go Bellville!!!!

CheerMom
08-27-2005, 01:11 AM
Great job, Brahmas!!:clap: :clap:

Bull's-eye
08-27-2005, 01:46 AM
Congratulations Bellville!!! Caldwell didn't play like the more experienced or a top 20 team. They had a lot of penalties and very poor execution on offense. Their only score came as a result of a bad snap over the punter's head. Bellville's defense looked very quick to the ball. The front four was causing trouble all night long. On offense, Bellville got some "lightning in a bottle" from RB Valentine. Cooper, Chaney and Valentine give Bellville a very potent ground attack. Bellville's passing game wasn't crisp, but they did hit on a couple of big plays. One was a beautiful screen play for a TD and the other was a long pass play to Chaney. Bellville's depth played a big part in this victory. Bellville's squad out-numbered the Hornets about 50 to 28. Coach Chancellor substitued his players frequently and took advantage of his deep team. I noticed several of the Caldwell players cramping up and wearing down later in the game.

KL3
08-27-2005, 10:44 AM
Here is the write-up from the BCS Eagle..........

Bellville spoils Williams' Hornet debut

By LARRY BOWEN

Eagle Staff Writer

CALDWELL - The Caldwell Hornets stumbled in their season opener and got trampled by Eric Valentine and the Bellville Brahmas.

Valentine scored three touchdowns as Bellville beat Caldwell, 24-6, in a non-district game at Hornet Field on Friday night.

The rebuilding Hornets struggled in their first game under new head coach Dale Williams, committing three turnovers and getting penalized 10 times.

"They have a great football team," Williams said. "Against a team like that, you can't afford to miss tackles defensively. You can't afford to miss blocks on offense.

"There's positives and negatives in every football game, but it looked like tonight we had a whole lot more negatives than we did positives."

Bellville took command in the first half, which was marked by a steady stream of Hornet mistakes. Caldwell had six penalties in the first half and missed several tackles on crucial plays.

A personal foul set up Bellville's first touchdown, which came on a 52-yard drive. The Brahmas converted on three third-down plays, with quarterback Lance O'Connor scrambling for 18 yards on third-and-16, and then hooking up with the explosive Valentine on a 20-yard screen pass.

Maurico Bonilla's 20-yard field goal made it 10-0 midway through the second quarter.

Caldwell had a chance to close the gap late in the half, driving to the Bellville 22. However, Brahma defensive back Brandon Harris made a big hit to prevent David Waters from hanging on to Bryson Tucker's pass into the end zone.

Early in the second half, Caldwell moved to the Bellville 22-yard line, but an interception by Clayton Chaney killed the drive.

Bellville scored in four plays, going 88 yards. O'Connor hooked up with Chaney for 43 yards, and Valentine finished the drive with a 5-yard run.

Bellville's second botched punt snap set up the Caldwell score early in the fourth quarter. The Hornets took over at the Brahma 13 and scored on a 2-yard run by Danny Deere, but the extra point attempt was wide left.

The Brahmas doused any comeback hopes by answering with a five-play, 73-yard touchdown drive. Valentine raced through the weary Caldwell defense for a 40-yard score and finished with a game-high 109 yards on just six carries.

Kevin McManus led the Hornets by rushing for 55 yards on 11 carries, and Deere carried 13 times for 52 yards. Tucker completed 8 of 15 passes for 46 yards with two interceptions.

Caldwell will play host to Leon next week for the Hornets' Homecoming game.

ILS1
08-27-2005, 11:00 AM
Caldwell will play host to Leon next week for the Hornets' Homecoming game.

Wow!!! Homecoming in Week 1 !!!! That's pretty early!!

:)

CHS_CG
08-27-2005, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by ILS1
Wow!!! Homecoming in Week 1 !!!! That's pretty early!!

:)

thats what i was thinking!

BrahmaMom
08-27-2005, 04:58 PM
Hey, how 'bout giving the Brahmas their due. Sounds like they showed up, ready to play and did what they've been training to do. Lots of young guys got to see some action, so it doesn't sound like Coach Chancellor was trying to take advantage of Caldwell injuries or run the score up. Bellville has a reputation and tradition the Brahmas are going to defend. Opponents be forewarned-marlin fan, I appreciate your taking the Brahmas seriously. We certainly respect Marlin's abilities. Go Brahmas!!

CHS_CG
08-27-2005, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
Hey, how 'bout giving the Brahmas their due. Sounds like they showed up, ready to play and did what they've been training to do. Lots of young guys got to see some action, so it doesn't sound like Coach Chancellor was trying to take advantage of Caldwell injuries or run the score up. Bellville has a reputation and tradition the Brahmas are going to defend. Opponents be forewarned-marlin fan, I appreciate your taking the Brahmas seriously. We certainly respect Marlin's abilities. Go Brahmas!!

I dont think anybody was tryin to take anything away from bellville. They played good, and we didnt point period blank.

rhs78
08-27-2005, 07:16 PM
WYG Brahams great win for D-20

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-27-2005, 10:02 PM
Good job Bellville! It gets no easier for the Brahmas, now we get two top ten teams first Cameron Yoe, then Marlin. This is good to play teams of this caliber, this early. Lets play even better next week and get a win at home.
Good luck to Caldwell! Sould get a win next week over 1A Leon?

Bull's-eye
08-28-2005, 09:27 AM
Leon is 2A.

systemofaflamer
08-28-2005, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by caldwellguard62
Yea we didnt play very good basically we played like sh**. We had alot of people get hurt tonight with myself included i got a mild concussion and about 4 other people were hurt tonight. Not taking anything away from bellville they are a great team. But this game really doesnt matter it doesnt start until district.

Well CHS_CG, apparently there was a little taking away from this comment. I guess I could understand coming from one of their players, but still injuries and such are apart of the game, therefore meaning that the brahmas beat caldwell fair and square. I'm just stating that some peeps were somewhat taking away some things from bellville. Oh well, game is over. Hopefully Caldwell will downsize the penalties and healthy up. Good luck against that lovely non-district schedule. (leon and hearne upcoming)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-28-2005, 09:20 PM
Leon and Hearn, thats two teams that will get you ready for district?

systemofaflamer
08-28-2005, 09:23 PM
no kidding, but i guess thats caldwell's way of preparing for the playoff run that was anticipated this year...

KL3
08-29-2005, 12:39 PM
A big Bellville hit was the reason for a couple of those injuries. The first coming in the end zone where the Caldwell WR was hit by our safety after missing the ball. The next was a huge hit by Bellville's Lishcka on an onside kick. I thought the kid was knocked completely out.

Towards the end of the game, Bellville's depth really took it's toll on Caldwell. On the long TD run, there were 3 different Caldwell players laying out on the field.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-29-2005, 09:12 PM
What he said!