PDA

View Full Version : Wylie 41 SA Lakeview 0...about a minute to go!

Adidas410s
08-26-2005, 10:05 PM
Wylie scored on 5 of its 6 drives in the 1st half and then again on 3 plays to start the 2nd half. After that the starters were pulled. Wylie was able to do whatever we wanted to do on offense. Defensively we forced 3 fumbles in the 1st half. The thing that most impressed me is that we only had 2 penalties in the 1st half; one was 12 men on the field and the other a questionable hold call by a receiver on a screen play. I am not being a homer...I was just sitting on the visitors side and it looked like his hands were inside the shoulders but I guess they weren't. In the 9 or so years I have followed Wylie football it was BY FAR the best I have ever seen a Sandifer team look in the preseason. We didn't have the mental mistakes that you would typically see from 15-20 new starters getting their first real varsity action. I was very pleased.

Snyder_TigerFan
08-26-2005, 10:08 PM
It looks like the big 3 in 4-3a are dominating...as Snyder won 56-3 and Sweetwater was leading 40-6 in the 4th.

GWOOD
08-26-2005, 10:08 PM
Wow. This is a big game. Lake View folks were feeling good about their potential this year.

Da Mules
08-26-2005, 10:12 PM
Swater 40-^? Good grief, I knew they were gonna be good, and I know Cooper graduated everyone down to the water boy.. but that's for REAL!!
Sweetwater looks to be the class of Region 1 in 3a this year.
Yeah Snyder I know you beat Levelland about 500 to nuthin'.. but Cooper is a better team

GWOOD
08-26-2005, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
It looks like the big 3 in 4-3a are dominating...as Snyder won 56-3 and Sweetwater was leading 40-6 in the 4th.

And all these big-winning teams are Greenwood's first three games! What a test for the Rangers.

injuredinmelee
08-26-2005, 11:01 PM
A kid from Greenwood backed into my car pulling out of the parking lot so now im really rooting for all three 4-3A teams against em.

Travis if you see this. No big deal man. It happens.

injuredinmelee
08-26-2005, 11:08 PM
UT's Jordan Shipley was at the game. I was tempted to carry him up and down the stairs so we didnt have to worry about one of the 50000000000000 unsupervised kids sprinting through the stands knocking him over.

injuredinmelee
08-26-2005, 11:13 PM
QB Case Keenum had a great night running the ball. He made some moves I had no idea he was capable of.

wildstangs
08-26-2005, 11:42 PM
Uh oh...The last few years Wylie has started slow and improved. Imagine what kind of machine they will be be the end of the regular season.

Snyder_TigerFan
08-26-2005, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Uh oh...The last few years Wylie has started slow and improved. Imagine what kind of machine they will be be the end of the regular season.

Yep...District should be VERY interesting this year!

injuredinmelee
08-27-2005, 10:13 AM
I cant wait for the district race to begin. Its gonna be a war every week (well minus the Merkel and Clyde weeks)

vet93
08-27-2005, 10:33 AM
After watching several clips of the Bulldogs working out this year on T.V., I told my dad that people had better not take Wylie lightly this year. They looked crisp and seemed to have a little more speed in the backfield than usual. A huge asset to this years team is having a qb like Keenum. He is smart, experienced, and has a good football head on his shoulders. The question marks will likely center around replacing some very good and physical offensive and defensive linemen. Wylie always reloads. I would suggeset that their biggest battle will be to stay focused mentally and not slack off after a great year last year.

GWOOD
08-27-2005, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
A kid from Greenwood backed into my car pulling out of the parking lot so now im really rooting for all three 4-3A teams against em.

Travis if you see this. No big deal man. It happens.

Those Greenwood kids. You gotta watch 'em. Hope they had insurance. Actually, I bet you met a good kid.

injuredinmelee
08-27-2005, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by GWOOD
Those Greenwood kids. You gotta watch 'em. Hope they had insurance. Actually, I bet you met a good kid.

He was a very nice kid and very apologetic.