PDA

View Full Version : truth or rumor

1team1dream
12-16-2003, 11:11 PM
i dont know if this has any truth or not but ive heard that the runnin back for gainsville was found to be using steroids and the game can be overturned.......if any one knows bout this please inform me thanks..........

PPHSfan
12-16-2003, 11:24 PM
Geez,

Why start something like this about a kid? If you have proof then take it to the proper authorities, but please don't start spreading rumors here about a kid.

KTJ
12-16-2003, 11:26 PM
OMG! When will the madness stop!!!!!!!!!!!!

The game is done. Over. Finished. No turning back.

Wildcat81
12-16-2003, 11:55 PM
the madness will never stop as long as people post.

Old Dog
12-16-2003, 11:57 PM
That should never have been put on this thread.........................

sinton66
12-17-2003, 12:07 AM
I'd suggest you edit. Things like this can get you rommed in a hurry.

afflac65
12-17-2003, 12:15 AM
I heard this too. If this is true shame on gainesville but if not shame on the person that started this. NO CLASS!!!!!

lobo12
12-17-2003, 12:21 AM
its probably just people talking. Burnet gets upset and now people could just be saying things. until anything is proven, gainsville is state champion without question

KTJ
12-17-2003, 12:32 AM
Well I heard that Gainesville, my alma mater, actually has an enrollement of 1872 and should be a 5A school.

afflac65:
I heard this too. If this is true shame on gainesville but if not shame on the person that started this. NO CLASS!!!!!

spiveyrat
12-17-2003, 07:52 AM
KTJ:
Well I heard that Gainesville, my alma mater, actually has an enrollement of 1872 and should be a 5A school.
If that's their enrollment, don't you think they would BE a 5A school?

<small>[ December 17, 2003, 07:38 AM: Message edited by: spiveyrat ]</small>

3afan2K3
12-17-2003, 08:29 AM
KTJ:
Well I heard that Gainesville, my alma mater, actually has an enrollement of 1872 and should be a 5A school. That might be true. But if they had 3A numbers two years ago when UIL did the classification stuff then they should be 3A. You just can't go from 3A to 5A in the middle of the season

Junkyard
12-17-2003, 08:52 AM
As far as I know the UIL does not test for drugs of any kind. Some school districts do test on their on but I doubt they would test after a State Championship Game.

Rabdad
12-17-2003, 08:59 AM
OMG
was he using for just that game, or the whole season?

I say let's start the season over right now, just to be sure.

Junkyard
12-17-2003, 09:08 AM
Rabdad:
OMG
was he using for just that game, or the whole season?

I say let's start the season over right now, just to be sure.LOL good one :D

3afan
12-17-2003, 09:16 AM
1team1dream:
i dont know if this has any truth or not but ive heard that the runnin back for gainsville was found to be using steroids and the game can be overturned.......if any one knows bout this please inform me thanks..........idiot ... (iteam1dream, not the Gainesville RB)

<small>[ December 17, 2003, 08:17 AM: Message edited by: 3afan ]</small>

HotDawg89
12-17-2003, 09:26 AM
My duaghter came home from school and said the same thing yesterday that she had "heard at middle school." It is probably a middle school rumor started by a bunch of silly, jealous kids. Even if it were true, why would Burnet get the title? Hell, it could have been anyone that played Gainesville in the playoffs game. Besides, Burnet doesn't want a title that way.

Get real.

onfirebball05mustang
12-17-2003, 09:42 AM
wow, game is long over, gainsville won, burnet lost, GO Gainsville! you both had great seasons, end it on a good note, not rumors!

DogDoc
12-17-2003, 09:43 AM
The kid was an awfully good runner but he is rather thin and does not resemble the Governer of California in any way so this just can't be true.

In all seriosness now was he a senior and what about that Qb too just curious as to how much of that fire power will be back next year.

BulldogGrl64
12-17-2003, 09:52 AM
1team1dream:
i dont know if this has any truth or not but ive heard that the runnin back for gainsville was found to be using steroids and the game can be overturned.......if any one knows bout this please inform me thanks..........You have got to be kidding me!! :mad: This is said about the State winning team every year no matter whether it's A, 2A, 3A, 4A, or 5A. The game is over and done so lets just move on!

olddog73
12-17-2003, 09:55 AM
I had hoped this topic wouldnt show up here, I wouldnt wish this problem on any team or community. If it was prooved to be true, we all lose, Gainesville, Burnet and every team that played Gainesville. I personally dont believe this topic should have even been posted. I witnessed a great Gainesville team that couldnt be stopped last weekend. In my book they are the true state champions and thats that!

poncho
12-17-2003, 10:43 AM
We don't need people spreading rumors that are not based on facts. Come on guy wise up. No one would wont a title like that. :cool: :confused:

poncho
12-17-2003, 10:47 AM
Well I can tell you that I know no one in Burnet that wonts a title like that. We have a great deal of pride here. Thank you! I don't know if this was started in Burnet or not, but you might wont to let the story play out before making that statement so quickly. :cool:

<small>[ December 17, 2003, 11:36 AM: Message edited by: poncho ]</small>

JasperDog94
12-17-2003, 10:50 AM
KTJ:
Well I heard that Gainesville, my alma mater, actually has an enrollement of 1872 and should be a 5A school.Oh yeah, well I heard that their coaches made them practice really hard, in the heat of the summer all the way through the state championship game. Man, what a slave driver!!! wink :D

BulldogGrl64
12-17-2003, 10:54 AM
1team1dream:
.......if any one knows bout this please inform me thanks..........You just said it all right there in that statement. My words of advice.....don't talk about something you don't know anything about. It will just get you in trouble in the long run.

BulldogGrl64
12-17-2003, 10:56 AM
LMAO!! :D What kind of coach makes his guys work hard all season just to win a State Championship?! :D Good one JasperDog!

<small>[ December 17, 2003, 09:58 AM: Message edited by: BulldogGrl64 ]</small>

dawg03
12-17-2003, 10:59 AM
1team1dream:
i dont know if this has any truth or not but ive heard that the runnin back for gainsville was found to be using steroids and the game can be overturned.......if any one knows bout this please inform me thanks..........1team1dream didn't try to start spreading a rumor, he just asked if anyone else knew anything about it!!!

olddawggreen
12-17-2003, 11:03 AM
dawg03:

1team1dream:
i dont know if this has any truth or not but ive heard that the runnin back for gainsville was found to be using steroids and the game can be overturned.......if any one knows bout this please inform me thanks..........1team1dream didn't try to start spreading a rumor, he just asked if anyone else knew anything about it!!!If it turned out to be true, you would read about it in the sports section, the subject should not be brought up here.

BulldogGrl64
12-17-2003, 11:17 AM
dawg03:

1team1dream:
i dont know if this has any truth or not but ive heard that the runnin back for gainsville was found to be using steroids and the game can be overturned.......if any one knows bout this please inform me thanks..........1team1dream didn't try to start spreading a rumor, he just asked if anyone else knew anything about it!!!What exactly is your definition of spreading a rumor? Because the last time I checked when you told someone about something that you "heard" but was not necessarily true, that was spreading a rumor.

KTJ
12-17-2003, 12:34 PM
Folks, I was being facetious. (acutally, I was being more retarded, kind of like the poster who started this thread.)

If that's their enrollment, don't you think they would BE a 5A school?

3afan2K3:

KTJ:
Well I heard that Gainesville, my alma mater, actually has an enrollement of 1872 and should be a 5A school. That might be true. But if they had 3A numbers two years ago when UIL did the classification stuff then they should be 3A. You just can't go from 3A to 5A in the middle of the season

Titans
12-17-2003, 12:45 PM
Jealousy, I tell you, jealousy.

To the Burnet fan who posted this topic in the first place...

Let it go. I realize it's hard to accept the fact that the Dawgs lost back-to-back state championships. But to SLANDER some hard-working peoples names doesn't make matters any better.

Steroids? How about DRUGS? Do you think anyone from Burnet does them? If so...OMG!

Kids today do all sorts of stuff. YES, from Amarillo to Brownsville, El Paso to Texarkana, some choose to do illegal substances.

Don't pinpoint the Gainesville people just because they beat you...

That's flat out SAD!!!!!!!

Buccaneer
12-17-2003, 05:30 PM
1team1dream:
i dont know if this has any truth or not but ive heard that the runnin back for gainsville was found to be using steroids and the game can be overturned.......if any one knows bout this please inform me thanks..........Steroids are not illegal!

BulldogGrl64
12-17-2003, 05:35 PM
Buccaneer:

1team1dream:
i dont know if this has any truth or not but ive heard that the runnin back for gainsville was found to be using steroids and the game can be overturned.......if any one knows bout this please inform me thanks..........Steroids are not illegal!WHAT?! eek! I know you are not serious, because steroids are illegal!

44INAROW
12-17-2003, 05:53 PM
Buccaneer:

1team1dream:
i dont know if this has any truth or not but ive heard that the runnin back for gainsville was found to be using steroids and the game can be overturned.......if any one knows bout this please inform me thanks..........Steroids are not illegal!OMG you gotta be kidding.. If Steroids are not illegal, why all the testing?

BulldogGrl64
12-17-2003, 05:59 PM
If steroids were not illegal, there would not be such a big deal about athletes taking them. Whether it's at the High School, College, or Pro level.... STEROIDS ARE ILLEGAL !! If you are that clueless, then take a look at the UIL rule book under the Drug & Nutritional Supplements section, it has a whole section on steroids. You should know that if you know anything about football, especially high school football. So yeah you are retarded for saying that they are not illegal! :rolleyes:

lv2937
12-17-2003, 06:03 PM
44INAROW:

Buccaneer:

1team1dream:
i dont know if this has any truth or not but ive heard that the runnin back for gainsville was found to be using steroids and the game can be overturned.......if any one knows bout this please inform me thanks..........Steroids are not illegal!OMG you gotta be kidding.. If Steroids are not illegal, why all the testing?Steriods are not ilgeal in a round about way. A lsdy that works with my wife is on them. If you use them to better your athelic abilty, thats elegal. We got beat by a better team.!!!!!!!!! Let,s grow up and look forward to next year.

lv2937
12-17-2003, 06:04 PM
44INAROW:

Buccaneer:

1team1dream:
i dont know if this has any truth or not but ive heard that the runnin back for gainsville was found to be using steroids and the game can be overturned.......if any one knows bout this please inform me thanks..........Steroids are not illegal!OMG you gotta be kidding.. If Steroids are not illegal, why all the testing?Steriods are not ilgeal in a round about way. A lsdy that works with my wife is on them. If you use them to better your athelic abilty, thats elegal. We got beat by a better team.!!!!!!!!! Let,s grow up and look forward to next year.

sinton66
12-17-2003, 06:05 PM
I think he meant not all steroids are illegal. There are steroids used as injections when water is taken off joints like knees and such that are legal. There are other legitimate medical uses for different types of steroids. I had fluid drained from my elbow some years ago and the doctor told me he was injecting a steroid into the joint as a lubricant to fill the void. If it's applied by a doctor, it can't be illegal.

BulldogGrl64
12-17-2003, 06:07 PM
Steroids used to better one's athletic ability are ILLEGAL !!

BulldogGrl64
12-17-2003, 06:08 PM
sinton66:
I think he meant not all steroids are illegal. There are steroids used as injections when water is taken off joints like knees and such that are legal. There are other legitimate medical uses for different types of steroids. I had fluid drained from my elbow some years ago and the doctor told me he was injecting a steroid into the joint as a lubricant to fill the void. If it's applied by a doctor, it can't be illegal.Yes Sinton66 you are correct about the steroids given by a doctor, but that is a different type of steroid.

kaorder1999
12-17-2003, 06:17 PM
oh god....UIL DOES NOT test for steroids in any way, shape or form. It costs WAY too much money to test an individual for steroid use and the UIL will not spend money like that. That would also be a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Congrats Gainesville...dont pay attention to this crap. Every year there is talk about how someone did something ILLEGAL and their State Championship shouldn't count but its all a bunch of crap!

b-townhottie06
12-17-2003, 08:41 PM
I am a burnet fan and a burnet student and all i got to say was the person that posted this was just asking a question or sating and opinion not jealousy or any thing else so just drop it, you people keep saying the same thing so just get off the subject.

MonkeyJoe
12-17-2003, 08:48 PM
ROM ROM ROM !!!
this was an outrageous thread that should atleast be edited, if not erased.
Totally uncalled for!

Buccaneer
12-17-2003, 10:08 PM
http://www.uil.utexas.edu/ath/manuals/drug/manual.html#ste The UIL discourges the use of steroids.

SINTON65
12-17-2003, 11:51 PM
I think that some of you need to take some blood-pressure medicine immediately! It's gotta be way up there based on your reactions to a question!

Wasn't there a thread just the other day about the fact that some posters are as young as 8th graders or 7th graders??? Some of you are flying off the handle and calling people who could be children idiots left and right when its not truly necessary.

This board is full of speculations and questions about all kinds of topics. The original post was stated as a question, NOT fact! If you think its inappropriate say so, but don't bash a person's intelligence for asking a question.

kaorder1999
12-18-2003, 12:00 AM
SINTON65:
I think that some of you need to take some blood-pressure medicine immediately! It's gotta be way up there based on your reactions to a question!

Wasn't there a thread just the other day about the fact that some posters are as young as 8th graders or 7th graders??? Some of you are flying off the handle and calling people who could be children idiots left and right when its not truly necessary.

This board is full of speculations and questions about all kinds of topics. The original post was stated as a question, NOT fact! If you think its inappropriate say so, but don't bash a person's intelligence for asking a question.in no way, shape or form should you defend the post that began this thread. Speculation leads to rumor. Is that a bad thing always.....no! But when that speculation or rumor is aimed directly towards a person, especially a high school student, and puts that student in a bad light, it is TOTALLY WRONG!

RIGHT: "Hey, I heard that so and so coach is leaving so and so school to take the head coaching job at blah blah blah..."

WHY?: Though it may be totally false it in no way belittle's or defames the subject...

WRONG: "Hey, I heard that so and so has done something totally illegal...heard they did ________ (FILL IN BLANK WITH SOMETHING ILLEGAL) and i was just wondering if it was true."

WHY?: Though what the person is accused of may be totally false it has publically put that person in a bad light. This is not a public figure we are talking about. This is a HS student!

WHAT THE POST SHOULD HAVE SAID: "Has anyone heard of anything that is going on with the G-Ville running back...if so please PM me....!"

The original poster meant for people to discuss it on the board and that is wrong. That is NOT something that should be discussed on a public message board!

<small>[ December 17, 2003, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: kaorder1999 ]</small>

SINTON65
12-18-2003, 12:07 AM
I didn't intend to defend the original post, just saying it was posted as a question and could have been replied to differently.

It is perfectly fine to explain to the original poster that it was the wrong thing to do, but I have a problem with some people calling this person an idiot or others. This person may not have thought about the points that have been brought up on this subject and I think it could be stated without such hostility. Especially when you don't really know the person it is being said to.

kaorder1999
12-18-2003, 12:23 AM
i dont care that it was posted as a question...its WRONG....though i dont think anyone should have called the person an idiot...they deserve whatever comes their way via replies especially until they edit it or delete it!

I dont feel sorry for original poster because of the replies to their post...i feel sorry for the defensless running back that is the subject of the "ignorant" original post.

SINTON65
12-18-2003, 12:34 AM
I don't disagree with you on whether or not the topic is wrong.

I will disagree with you about the defenseless running back. I know he hasn't been on here to defend himself, but luckily there are a lot of good people like yourself and the many others who have posted on the subject who came to his defense quickly. Knowledgable people like you have explained to others that this kind of topic has no place here and I think every person who did that should be commended.

I don't think rumors should be encouraged here either or slanderous remarks. I just think that it doesn't hurt to show some respect to others even when disagreeing with a post unless they post in a way that suggests they are intentionally being rude or disrespectful. Do you know what I am trying to say? :)

kaorder1999
12-18-2003, 12:36 AM
i totally understand....

dawgdad
12-18-2003, 03:28 AM
olddog73:
I had hoped this topic wouldnt show up here, I wouldnt wish this problem on any team or community. If it was prooved to be true, we all lose, Gainesville, Burnet and every team that played Gainesville. I personally dont believe this topic should have even been posted. I witnessed a great Gainesville team that couldnt be stopped last weekend. In my book they are the true state champions and thats that!I agree olddawg73. Couldn't have said it better!

dawgdad
12-18-2003, 03:39 AM
This is exactly why I won't be posting on 3Adownlow any more. Gainesville one fair and square. I was there. I saw them beat us. I've been told to lighten up but this stupid stuff makes me so mad. If you don't know for sure, SHUT UP!

sinton66
12-18-2003, 08:28 AM
I agree with you dawgdad. However this is not the fault of the site. Each poster is responsible for the content of his posts. Overall, I have found the intelligence of this site to be higher than any other I've been on. Every year we get new posters during the playoffs, some good, some not so good, and some just plain horrible.

Each of you could help our moderators if you will simply use the "report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post should you find one offensive. Our moderators both work and go to college, they don't have the time to read every single post. I think Jacket and Matthew do a super job especially considering what they're up against. Their job was much easier when we had only a couple hundred members, we're now closing in on 3,000.

When the season is finally over, some of the bozos will fade away. Don't go away dawgdad, stick around and help us protect our resource.

Sinton94
12-18-2003, 09:11 AM
Well said as usual Sinton66. Dawgdad don't let the bad out weigh the good stick around for the good of the site!