PDA

View Full Version : Pray for 18handicap's father

Iknowalot
08-26-2005, 06:20 AM
On Wednesday, 18handicap's father (82 years old), Robert Hicks, went in for a routine colonoscopy. While doing the procedure, the doctor perforated and ripped a small section of his colon. He was then taken to the local hospital where they waited almost 3 hours to perform emergency surgery. About 6 inches of his colon was removed and a colostomy was performed. He will have to wear this colostomy and bag for about 3 months until everything heals and there is no threat for infection, then they will put everything back together. I know that 18 was called out of class on Wednesday and he rushed home to Sugar Land to be there and spent the night there. His father is doing much better from what I hear, but we are asking for prayers for 18, his father, and his mother to survive this ordeal. I know many softball coaches have already sent him prayers and it seems to be working. Hope you can send some prayers too.

LH Panther Mom
08-26-2005, 06:22 AM
Thanks for filling us in. 18, my prayers are with you and your family. I pray for your father's speedy recovery.

MARLINDOGS
08-26-2005, 07:16 AM
My prayers are with you.

pancho villa
08-26-2005, 08:09 AM
Hope your dad gets better soon.

Phil C
08-26-2005, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by MARLINDOGS
My prayers are with you.

mine too.

CHS_CG
08-26-2005, 08:13 AM
They have my prayers! Hope his dad is recovers w/o any problems!

Old Green
08-26-2005, 08:16 AM
Our prayers go out to 18handicaps Dad.

rhs78
08-26-2005, 08:43 AM
My prayers go out to your father and your family and hope for a speedy recovery.

BU97
08-26-2005, 09:41 AM
BH you know that you can count on me, your entire family will be in my prayers!

pirate44
08-26-2005, 09:42 AM
i'll definately keep him in my prayers

Bandera YaYa
08-26-2005, 09:45 AM
Praying that he's doing better and will heal quickly.....hang in there! :)

18handicap
08-26-2005, 11:25 PM
Thanks to all for the prayers and support. He is starting to do better and may be out of ICU on Saturday. I had many e-mails and phone calls from fellow softball coaches and friends. I appreciate all of you. Thank you very much!
Coach Hicks

Snyder_TigerFan
08-26-2005, 11:41 PM
Thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

Iknowalot
08-27-2005, 10:39 AM
They did put his father in a regular room today. I know 18 went back to work to get his mind off of the situation for a day or two and his JV volleyball girls are in the finals of the Round Top-Carmine tournament this afternoon and then he'll go back and spend the rest of the weekend with his family. He said this morning that he was relieved that the recovery is going so well and feels that everyone's prayers have helped. His team played well yesterday also and that made him feel even better.

One thing that I will say, he has said in the past and by seeing some of the posters on this thread, he really thanks the Wharton coaches for posting and for calling him yesterday. He always liked all of you in Wharton because ya'll treated him as a friend off of the field, even though ya'll were always battling each other on the field. He felt that ya'll and him had a great respect for each other and he would never forget it. We all thank you very much.

I did ask him if he heard from anyone at his former school and he didn't say. I know my son got on his computer this summer while he was on vacation and burned some bridges for him, but that is not the way he feels about his former school. He feels nothing but respect for the staff at Sweeny, and wishes them the best. He also learned to log off of his home computer and put it on guest while he is gone on trips. I have taken care of the person who logged on his computer for him and that won't happen again. If there is to be an apology, it comes from me and my family -- 18 had nothing to do with the ripping of his former school.

MARLINDOGS
08-27-2005, 11:59 AM
He will be in my prayers.

areacode337
08-29-2005, 11:49 AM
I know how close he is to his Mom and Dad.....Many prayers for your dad and family and also many prayers for your friends around Bootheville....Mother nature is not being kind...Good Luck and God Bless 18.