PDA

View Full Version : a few of the toughest people i know

pirate44
08-25-2005, 09:08 PM
there are 3 little girls who i consider hero's and people i look up to.

First is Ashley, the daughter of my oldest brother. she is in the 7th grade in Refugio. She was born 2 months pre-mature. At just 2 lbs., she fought a tough fight and is now a healthy and active Jr. high student. She will definately be a track star as she can run like the wind and jump like a gazelle. She has a bright future ahead of her.
oh yeah, and i just found out Ashley made the A team 7th grade vollyball.

next is Nicole, the daughter of my second oldest brother. She is in the 8th grade in Sinton and is active in vollyball, track, and basketball. what makes this such an amazing person is she was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer a few years ago. She battled the heck out of it. She had to grow up quick at a very young age and is another person i look up to.

next is Meredith, the daughter of my younger brother. She turned 3 in April. An extremely smart girl, she has just gone through an extremely scary situation. as most of you know, she was bit by a rattlesnake yesterday. She is on the road to recovery and was laughing and playing and in a great mood tonight.

I am a 33 year old guy. 6'-1" 218 lbs. I played sports in high school and consider myself pretty tough. but i consider these 3 girls so much tougher than i am. They are truly 3 girls who have conquered situations that seemed impossible.

shellman54
08-25-2005, 09:10 PM
amen to that!!!!

Old Dog
08-25-2005, 09:24 PM
Wow 44, that's a really nice tribute to some special little ladies! I'm sure you have already told them, because they need to know how you feel. I would bet you have a very deep bond with them already.

As I said in another thread, if someone makes an impact on you, they deserve to know it.

AggieJohn
08-25-2005, 09:26 PM
nice post

West22
08-25-2005, 09:37 PM
I CAN UNDERSTAND WHY YOU ARE PROUD OF THEM .I WISH THEM ALL THE LUCK.

PhiI C
08-25-2005, 09:39 PM
Great girls 44!

pirate4state
08-25-2005, 09:40 PM
:clap: GIRLS RULE!!!!!!!! :cheerl:

AggieJohn
08-25-2005, 09:56 PM
wait till ya ya get's ahold of this thread

sinfan75
08-25-2005, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:clap: GIRLS RULE!!!!!!!! :cheerl: We ain't goin THAT far.

SintonFan
08-25-2005, 10:05 PM
Having known three of you brothers to one extent or another(at least at CYO :)), I'm not suprised. You guys come from a pretty darn good family IMHO.
I'm happy to know yall are passing on the values to future generations.
Those girls are just an example of what good families are about. I don't mean to seem flippant about it. It still takes courage to get through all of those trials and they should be commended for it. They are special. At the same time folks should give credit from where that strength comes from.:clap: :) :clap:

Bandera YaYa
08-25-2005, 11:02 PM
Well now you have gone and made me tear up on my birthday.....nothing as endearing to me, as a man who adores little girls.....while they are for sure, brave, strong and outgoing......their uncle is their protector ... and in my book, they can't have better than that.......So 44, you got another OLDER brother?? I'm looking for a white knight!!! :kiss:

44INAROW
08-25-2005, 11:38 PM
I hope those wonderful little girls realize what a special uncle Mike they have :)

Highschoolfan78
08-26-2005, 12:02 AM
since the title of the thread is tough people, i thought i might mention a friend of mine who's in a hospital bed right now down in corpus recovering from a dirtbike accident. He is a true friend of many in Cuero and does not have many enemies. As cuero takes the field tomorrow for their football game im sure the atmosphere will be serious and the tention will be there as always at Gobbler Stadium. At the end of the game whether win or lose they'll do the Day by day chant/prayer. Although that chant is only said after a game, it is something Brad has been living on these past few weeks. Day by day, he gets better and better. Determination wont have him beat, it cant have him beat. As everyone circles up and joins in that chant I'm sure there will be people relating that chant to his status. As i go through life day in and day out i selfishly feel that i have struggles and burdens, but nothing that takes place in my day compares to the battle that he is fighting. Brad is truely a soldier.

pirate44
08-26-2005, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by Highschoolfan78
since the title of the thread is tough people, i thought i might mention a friend of mine who's in a hospital bed right now down in corpus recovering from a dirtbike accident. He is a true friend of many in Cuero and does not have many enemies. As cuero takes the field tomorrow for their football game im sure the atmosphere will be serious and the tention will be there as always at Gobbler Stadium. At the end of the game whether win or lose they'll do the Day by day chant/prayer. Although that chant is only said after a game, it is something Brad has been living on these past few weeks. Day by day, he gets better and better. Determination wont have him beat, it cant have him beat. As everyone circles up and joins in that chant I'm sure there will be people relating that chant to his status. As i go through life day in and day out i selfishly feel that i have struggles and burdens, but nothing that takes place in my day compares to the battle that he is fighting. Brad is truely a soldier.
now that's the spirit. thanks for sharing 78. i certainly didnt want this to be a thread about me or my family, but i appreciate all the kind words. lets hear from others who have people they truly look up to for their toughness and determination. thanks again everyone. you folks are just too kind.

Phil C
08-26-2005, 08:14 AM
Hey 44 I think Ashley is also the one who played on the all stars in softball this summer. She is a good softball player too.

Phil C
08-26-2005, 08:15 AM
Hey 44 if you can find out when they play Ingleside and Aransas Pass in Sinton (Junior High Volleyball that is). The school web site doesn't have the Junior High Schedule. :eek: :confused: :( :mad:

BrahmaMom
08-26-2005, 08:23 AM
What lucky girls to have such a wonderful uncle who is willing to show how much he cares and respects them! Sounds like your family has handed those values down, which is what we should all do. Just remember, you have been a role model for those young ladies, too, and must have set a pretty good example yourself! Having had special uncles myself, don't ever underestimate your influence in their lives.

pirate44
08-26-2005, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Hey 44 I think Ashley is also the one who played on the all stars in softball this summer. She is a good softball player too.
actually Phil C, she is my cousin's daughter. they are in the same grade. my brother's Ashley goes to school in Refugio where her dad coaches. both are really good girls though.

Fish's mom
08-26-2005, 09:03 AM
Angels on Earth. I'm always amazed by the strength of people and how the touch our lives and teach us some valuable lessons.

Bandera YaYa
08-26-2005, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Highschoolfan78
since the title of the thread is tough people, i thought i might mention a friend of mine who's in a hospital bed right now down in corpus recovering from a dirtbike accident. He is a true friend of many in Cuero and does not have many enemies. As cuero takes the field tomorrow for their football game im sure the atmosphere will be serious and the tention will be there as always at Gobbler Stadium. At the end of the game whether win or lose they'll do the Day by day chant/prayer. Although that chant is only said after a game, it is something Brad has been living on these past few weeks. Day by day, he gets better and better. Determination wont have him beat, it cant have him beat. As everyone circles up and joins in that chant I'm sure there will be people relating that chant to his status. As i go through life day in and day out i selfishly feel that i have struggles and burdens, but nothing that takes place in my day compares to the battle that he is fighting. Brad is truely a soldier. Here's praying for your friend, Brad's speedy recovery....he is blessed to have you as a friend..... :)