PDA

View Full Version : LaGrange

Lombardi
08-25-2005, 05:20 PM
this forum used to be full of LaGrange posters. Where are ya'll at? How is your team doing????

lepfan
08-25-2005, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Lombardi
this forum used to be full of LaGrange posters. Where are ya'll at? How is your team doing????

I am still here....problem is my son graduated a year ago and we moved away from LG...I still like to follow them!

LHS PRIDE
08-25-2005, 06:33 PM
I am here. I have a son in the 8th grade and a son in the 5th grade at La Grange. Yes, I am a home boy. I graduated from La Grange and came back to make a living in La Grange. La Grange will struggle on offense this year with the almost all new coaching staff and the new passing offense. The defense, I think will keep them in most games. La Grange is scrimmaging Elgin tonight, and start the season next week against Cuero(yikes). I am going to the scrimmage right now. I will be back to chat later.

Lombardi
08-26-2005, 08:40 AM
How did the scrimmage turn out???

44INAROW
08-26-2005, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by LHS PRIDE
I am here. I have a son in the 8th grade and a son in the 5th grade at La Grange. Yes, I am a home boy. I graduated from La Grange and came back to make a living in La Grange. La Grange will struggle on offense this year with the almost all new coaching staff and the new passing offense. The defense, I think will keep them in most games. La Grange is scrimmaging Elgin tonight, and start the season next week against Cuero(yikes). I am going to the scrimmage right now. I will be back to chat later.

Glad to see a local LG poster - :)

hookandladder
08-26-2005, 10:16 AM
How did the scrimmage turn out???

LG defense looked really solid, Offense is starting click. QB's are starting to look more comfortable and receivers are also running better pass routes. You must remember it's been a long time since our receivers ran real pass routes. I think we will surprise some teams this year. I'am not predicting any District Championship but we will get better week by week. Coach Walker got it going on.Go Leps.

cdlvj
08-26-2005, 10:24 AM
Looking forward to the season, and the leps may make 5-5, for sure 4-6. They will get better as the season goes on. As I mentioned before too bad that Caldwell game is so early in the season.

Another note is The Austin American www page has area football stats, rosters, and schedules. I do not know who updates, but suspect that the coaches have to submit the information. Will someone locally get them to do that.
Thanks.

cdlvj
08-26-2005, 10:31 AM
Looking at the Austin www page, and they do depend on the coaches to give them info.

A NOTE TO AREA FOOTBALL COACHES: Please get your complete football rosters to us at highschoolsports@statesman.com or fax them to 512-445-3868.

Lombardi
08-26-2005, 11:31 AM
What was the score??With the ones
Originally posted by hookandladder
LG defense looked really solid, Offense is starting click. QB's are starting to look more comfortable and receivers are also running better pass routes. You must remember it's been a long time since our receivers ran real pass routes. I think we will surprise some teams this year. I'am not predicting any District Championship but we will get better week by week. Coach Walker got it going on.Go Leps.

hookandladder
08-26-2005, 11:52 AM
What was the score??With the ones

In the scrimmage without a clock, we score 2 TD- Elgin 0. With the clock running we had 3 long drives that ended with 2 FG's.
Elgin never scored that I saw. Elgin did not look to good, defense had a real hard time defending the pass. Open receivers down field, we over threw a couple of sure TD's.

BTEXDAD
08-26-2005, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by LHS PRIDE

Hey, LHS pride, just curious, but I saw that you said almost all new coaching staff in football and I know softball coach is new. Has there been big coaching staff changes in past or just unusual year or what's the deal?
Is it just those two programs that have changes? Is there problem between principal and coaches or school board and coaches? If it is, I won't tell anyone that you told me.

cdlvj
08-26-2005, 12:20 PM
Valastro left and was replaced by Walker. Pretty much of the staff went elsewhere. So Walker has his a new staff. Besides Vinklarek retiring as Softball coach, the contract of the basketball coach was not renewed, he was re-assigned to a junior high position, so he left. Don't know who the new basketball coach is.

lepfan
08-26-2005, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
Hey, LHS pride, just curious, but I saw that you said almost all new coaching staff in football and I know softball coach is new. Has there been big coaching staff changes in past or just unusual year or what's the deal?
Is it just those two programs that have changes? Is there problem between principal and coaches or school board and coaches? If it is, I won't tell anyone that you told me.

AD/HC left....some wanted to move on others wanted a different program...two of the ones who left applied for the AD/HC job and did not get it. Usually there has not been a big yearly turnover with coaches...only 1 or 2 a year if that.

lepfan
08-26-2005, 12:33 PM
Ya beat me to it...I had to answer the phone. :)

We are hoping to get to LG for a game in October if we can afford the gas...Maybe I could get a tin cup and get donations... ;)