PDA

View Full Version : Non football..for CC Hooks fans!

Maroon87
08-25-2005, 02:11 PM
Bagwell may play with Hooks
Astros slugger could begin rehab assignment in Corpus Christi Tuesday

By Greg Rajan / Caller-Times
August 25, 2005

FRISCO - A big name might be around to give the Hooks a big boost during their final homestand.

Houston Astros first baseman Jeff Bagwell, a four-time all-star and the franchise's all-time home runs and RBI leader, is on track to come to Corpus Christi for an injury rehab assignment beginning with Tuesday's game against Midland, Astros and Hooks officials confirmed Thursday.

Bagwell, 37, had capular release surgery in early June on his right shoulder, which has deterioriated the past three years because of arthritis. The recovery period for the procedure is around three months. Bagwell is scheduled to take batting practice Friday with the Astros in Los Angeles before any further decision on his rehab assignment is made.

"We still have to play it day by day," Astros assistant general manager Ricky Bennett said. "He’s scheduled to take live batting practice tomorrow. If he feels better after that, we’ll probably send him (to Corpus Christi) on Tuesday. It’s a day-by-day thing, but that’s the plan as of right now."

Two current Astros have played for the Hooks this season. Backup catcher Humberto Quintero was with the team for a four-game injury rehab assignment in July and pitcher Wandy Rodriguez made a start for the Hooks to get in some work during Major League Baseball's all-star break.

The Hooks trailed Midland by three games for first place in the Texas League's West Division entering Thursday's game at Frisco.

Contact Greg Rajan at 886-3747 or rajang@caller.com

pirate44
08-25-2005, 02:54 PM
great news Maroon. now all i have to do is score 3 tix behind home plate or first base

Phil C
08-25-2005, 02:55 PM
Good news indeed! I wish I had tickets now!