PDA

View Full Version : Bridgeport looking good

Underwater Basketweaver
08-25-2005, 09:47 AM
As an avid Decatur fan, I have been hearing a lot of good things about Bridgeport this year. Saw an article in the Star Telegram this morning that says they are going to win the State Championship. Colin Jones is a fantastic runner with great speed. Can't wait to see him this year. Hope Decatur can keep up with them this year.

Bullaholic
08-25-2005, 10:47 AM
UBW.....We sure like the way the folks at the Star-Telegram are talking, but realistically, (hope this doesn't sound like the usual "sound" bytes), I think this year's Bulls have a lot of potential, but are yet unproven against a quality opponent. Tomorrow night's game against Breckenridge will go a long way towards telling if the Bulls deserve that #8 rating. If the "O" line gels and blocks well, the "D" plays up to their potential, and Colin Jones gets "loose" a few times, we could come away with a "W". I know its hard for a dedicated Eagles fan to talk about the Bulls--but we really appreciate it, and can't wait for the "Battle of Big Sandy" on Oct. 21, which never disappoints.

LeonJr
08-25-2005, 11:21 AM
Bridgeport will be good this year don't get me wrong, BUT they are...how can I say this nicely...OVER-RATED!:D

Underwater Basketweaver
08-26-2005, 11:41 AM
Be careful....saying they are over rated. Especially if you haven't seen Colin Jones run. I just hope Decatur is ready for them this year. You know, Decatur lost some unbelievable seniors last year. This may be a rebuilding year.

GreenMonster
08-26-2005, 11:51 AM
Collin Jones is the real deal. If they can get that huge O-line of theirs clicking, watch out for a serious run outta da Bulls. Gonna call it now, Sweetwater vs. Bridgeport for the Region I title.

LeonJr
08-26-2005, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Collin Jones is the real deal. If they can get that huge O-line of theirs clicking, watch out for a serious run outta da Bulls. Gonna call it now, Sweetwater vs. Bridgeport for the Region I title.
That sure is a bold prediction. I was thinking more on the lines of Snyder and Little Elm!

blaster
08-26-2005, 12:07 PM
Remember......Bridgeport is known for their slow start and strong finish. Last year they did not start clicking until the last pre-season game against Kennedale. They WILL be tough. I agree with you GreenMonster. Good prediction.

LeonJr
08-26-2005, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by blaster
Remember......Bridgeport is known for their slow start and strong finish. Last year they did not start clicking until the last pre-season game against Kennedale. They WILL be tough. I agree with you GreenMonster. Good prediction.
That was last year...I'm not interested in the past, let me know what's going on right NOW!!!!!

jmcgee
08-27-2005, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by LeonJr
That sure is a bold prediction. I was thinking more on the lines of Snyder and Little Elm!
Everyone knows its goin to be another 4-3a quarterfinal.

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-27-2005, 02:25 AM
4 3A has three really good teams. Too early to tell yet though how far which will go. Also a thing like all three teams in the regional finals doesn't happen often. Heck just getting to the regional final is a very special thing for 1 team. But if any district can do it it would be district 4.

09-04-2005, 02:26 PM
ARE OUTCHAW'S MINDS??? B-port for goodness sakes got beat by Paradise( a 2A school) in Wise County. Nothing against Paradise , but alot against B-port

Ranger05
09-04-2005, 02:32 PM
think u found a big enough picture

Ranger Mom
09-04-2005, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Ranger05
think u found a big enough picture

That's no lie....I think if I had two monitors I still wouldn't have been able to see the entire picture!!

I'm gonna have to resize it!

dman79eagles
09-07-2005, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Underwater Basketweaver
As an avid Decatur fan, I have been hearing a lot of good things about Bridgeport this year. Saw an article in the Star Telegram this morning that says they are going to win the State Championship. Colin Jones is a fantastic runner with great speed. Can't wait to see him this year. Hope Decatur can keep up with them this year.
you shouldn't believe everything you hear;) colin jones is good..real good but dont you think its a little crazy to say someone is supposed to win state because of a great player on their team? you can have a bunch of great players on a team and them not win state. you gotta have 1 team rather than a bunch of individuals.

blaster
09-07-2005, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by 2813308004
ARE OUTCHAW'S MINDS??? B-port for goodness sakes got beat by Paradise( a 2A school) in Wise County. Nothing against Paradise , but alot against B-port

Huh? We do not play Paradise. Are you talking about the first scrimmage....you know the one where 4 plays were ran by the first team? Yes Paradise played a good scrimmage and the Bulls did not....the second team Bulls. Colin touched the ball 6 times if I recall and Durban ran two series.

LeonJr
09-07-2005, 12:30 PM
Huh? We do not play Paradise. Are you talking about the first scrimmage....you know the one where 4 plays were ran by the first team? Yes Paradise played a good scrimmage and the Bulls did not....the second team Bulls. Colin touched the ball 6 times if I recall and Durban ran two series.

bla,bla,bla,blaster...nobody cares who carried the ball and many times. The fact of the matter is, that B'Port got it handed to them!

blaster
09-07-2005, 12:33 PM
Well if people know me they Know I am A big fan and a BIG critic!

So if the Paradise "o" scoring twice on the Bulls 2nd "D" is handing it to them then you are right. I stand corrected. Now, MW handed it to them.:kiss:

LeonJr
09-07-2005, 12:36 PM
Well if people know me they Know I am A big fan and a BIG critic!

So if the Paradise "o" scoring twice on the Bulls 2nd "D" is handing it to them then you are right. I stand corrected. Now, MW handed it to them.:kiss:

But you don't lose or get it handed to you by a 2A school 10 miles away...regaurdless if it's 2nd team. It hurts team and community moral!:eek:

DrinkDuff
09-07-2005, 12:47 PM
ttt

BullFrog Dad
09-07-2005, 03:28 PM
Lake Worth played Paradise in volleyball. Their gym is beautiful, their gym is B.A.

LeonJr
09-07-2005, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
Lake Worth played Paradise in volleyball. Their gym is beautiful, their gym is B.A.

Well said!:clap:

slpybear the bullfan
09-07-2005, 08:32 PM
Leon,

Are you from Paradise?

slpybear...

p.s. time is running out on the resizing of your sig....

slpybear the bullfan
09-07-2005, 08:36 PM
We will see who has the better team at the Battle of Big Sandy...

GO BULLS!

jmcgee
09-08-2005, 12:51 AM
We Will see

NateDawg39
09-08-2005, 12:57 AM
This could be the biggest battle of Big Sandy ever. Ill go with whoever has the most points.Sorry D-Town, i cant go out and say who will win untill yall play Graham. I think both Graham and Bridgeport are alike.ill explain later.i have a 8:00 class tomarrow.