PDA

View Full Version : This is my last post on the Downlow..

Keith7
08-25-2005, 01:23 AM
It is too closely related to Texasprepxtra now..

Once Matthew328 started making fun of his own posters, i've figured out that the downlow has switched to the dark side...

later

bullfrog_alumni_02
08-25-2005, 02:04 AM
it was nice posting with you kieth. take care and God Bless.

pirate44
08-25-2005, 05:17 AM
what is it with the "5000th" post being reserved for these big announcements.

anyway, congrats on 5000 and being here for 3 years.

MARLINDOGS
08-25-2005, 05:19 AM
Good luck.

LH Panther Mom
08-25-2005, 07:05 AM
I wish you'd reconsider, Keith. :(

HighSchool Fan
08-25-2005, 07:07 AM
Keith, you can't leave, me and KTJ need all the gainesville people we can get

Ranger Mom
08-25-2005, 07:23 AM
Awwww, c'mon Keith!

Don't let a couple of stickies run you off!

Hupernikomen
08-25-2005, 07:25 AM
Why do people take things so seriously? Matthew advertises for another website on one that runs and that is wrong? I don't get it...Forbid it that anyone ever make any money or I will quit posting..too sad.

Owen B
08-25-2005, 07:31 AM
"This is my last post on the Downlow.."

Until your next one, right? :)

Seriously, don't you think that's an overreaction?

ProducerBilly
08-25-2005, 07:46 AM
Go Gainesville! I'll be there Friday night, can't wait!

3afan
08-25-2005, 07:51 AM
the fact that some can 'advertise' on here and others cant is not right ......

HighSchool Fan
08-25-2005, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by ProducerBilly
Go Gainesville! I'll be there Friday night, can't wait!

are ya bringing your friend?

HighSchool Fan
08-25-2005, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by 3afan

100% correct

Ranger Mom
08-25-2005, 08:02 AM

I just love this dialogue!

NOW we are getting to the root of the problem, I think!

olddawggreen
08-25-2005, 08:46 AM
huh?

Ranger Mom
08-25-2005, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
huh?

Are you in the dark??:D

AggieJohn
08-25-2005, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
are you afraid of the dark
http://epguides.com/AreYouAfraidoftheDark/logo.jpg
http://ftp.tcp.com/pub/melissa/images/tvshows/nick/nseries/afraid/afr02.jpg

Bandera YaYa
08-25-2005, 09:23 AM
Are you in the dark??:D Heck, if so, RM can fix you up with some red condoms and flashlights............

Ranger Mom
08-25-2005, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Heck, if so, RM can fix you up with some red condoms and flashlights............

I am never gonna live that down, am I? :p

spiveyrat
08-25-2005, 09:30 AM
I am never gonna live that down, am I? :p

I can't remember what I did yesterday... BUT, that post will live in my memory forever! :D

Bullaholic
08-25-2005, 09:32 AM
Keith....I think the only really valid reasons for a person leaving the board voluntarily, is when business or personal issues demand their attention, or when they no longer have anything to contribute. As I stated in the "innocuous thread" post, you do possess a great deal of love for-- and information on athletics, and therefore, have much to contribute. I don't always agree with you, but I have always enjoyed our exchanges ranging from serious discussion to humor. The DLow is a microcosm of life---it is a "melting pot", and we must partake of that which we like and disregard that which we don't. If you do really decide to stop posting---Go in peace, young man and may good fortune follow you always.

LogieJoeBean001
08-25-2005, 10:41 AM
Bye!

SintonFan
08-25-2005, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
It is too closely related to Texasprepxtra now..

later
Jeez Keith, snap out of it. We need you to update scores and stuff. We need you to keep "the man" honest too.;) :D

injuredinmelee
08-25-2005, 12:10 PM
adios.

Why do people feel obligated to let the rest of the board know they are leaving. Unless you want to be begged to stay I see no reason to make the post. Just go. We dont need to hear it. There are no goodbye parties ever scheduled.

gobbler grad
08-25-2005, 12:13 PM
take care dude...but, we must move on...:wave:

slpybear the bullfan
08-25-2005, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
adios.

Why do people feel obligated to let the rest of the board know they are leaving. Unless you want to be begged to stay I see no reason to make the post. Just go. We dont need to hear it. There are no goodbye parties ever scheduled. AMEN.

slpybear the bullfan
08-25-2005, 12:15 PM

Why is that not right? If you are Admin of the board you make the rules.

Gobbla2001
08-25-2005, 12:16 PM
I'd say TXP's biggest rival would be TexasHSFootball.com, and he posts articles from his site on here a lot...

Of course Matt isn't gunna 'sticky' 'em to the top of the page, but I've seem 'em stay on the board a lot this summer without being deleted/closed... maybe I missed something :thinking:

Bandera YaYa
08-25-2005, 02:55 PM
adios.

Why do people feel obligated to let the rest of the board know they are leaving. Unless you want to be begged to stay I see no reason to make the post. Just go. We dont need to hear it. There are no goodbye parties ever scheduled. Well, if I ever leave this joint, there had better be a good bye party!!! GEEEZZZZZZZ......... :p :p :kiss:

injuredinmelee
08-25-2005, 03:04 PM
No way you wont even tell us how old you are today.

olddawggreen
08-25-2005, 03:28 PM

Geez, I guess I must have missed a thread.:confused: :confused:

KingRob
08-25-2005, 03:32 PM
Auf Wiedersehen! Tshuss!:wave:

Hupernikomen
08-25-2005, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I'd say TXP's biggest rival would be TexasHSFootball.com, and he posts articles from his site on here a lot...

Of course Matt isn't gunna 'sticky' 'em to the top of the page, but I've seem 'em stay on the board a lot this summer without being deleted/closed... maybe I missed something :thinking:

Absolutely, I have never seen anyone say you can't advertise another website. Heck WO-S does, Jasper does, Kepdawg has the website he frequents in his signature. Maybe I missed something somewhere. Just amazing that people who no invested interest in these websites take it so personal.

I sure thought Matthew was the owner of this website..and if he is I can't imagine how he would be wrong for doing whatever in the heck he wanted.

SintonFan
08-25-2005, 06:32 PM
Hup, it was posted last year or the year before(pretty sure it was two years ago); advertising for another site, while not prohibited, was considered inappropriate. Folks should pm Matthew328 before they tried to post link to other boards that compete with this board or advertise for them. I haven't heard much about using signatures for this though.

GreenMonster
08-25-2005, 06:45 PM
Don't do it man!!!! Who else will post all of the Friday night game scores????? Who can we call for Sig's when Pirate44 already has too many requests to handle??? WHYYY?????

SintonFan
08-25-2005, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Don't do it man!!!! Who can we call for Sig's when Pirate44 already has too many requests to handle??? WHYYY?????
I forgot I need to make 44inarow's sig. Thanks.:)

Hupernikomen
08-25-2005, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Hup, it was posted last year or the year before(pretty sure it was two years ago); advertising for another site, while not prohibited, was considered inappropriate. Folks should pm Matthew328 before they tried to post link to other boards that compete with this board or advertise for them. I haven't heard much about using signatures for this though.

Who does this site belong to?

GreenMonster
08-25-2005, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen

Gotta agree with Hup on this one. If you want to dance then you gotta pay for the band.

scrub c
08-25-2005, 07:36 PM
WOW 5000 post impressive.

later

j_dog
08-25-2005, 07:36 PM
I thought it "belonged to all of us". Isn't that why we made contributions to buy a new server, and new software? :thinking:

sinton66
08-25-2005, 07:54 PM
No, not really. We did contributions to buy the server and software to help Matthew make the site better. There was no promise of "ownership", although we all feel a certain amount of that toward the board and its community. The site definitely belongs to Matthew unless and until he decides otherwise. Technically, he couldn't legally dispose of the hardware and software bought with donations(and, there's no way in the world he would ever dream of it), but the rights to the site, the domain name, and all of that belong to him.

SintonFan
08-25-2005, 09:01 PM
Hupernikomen, I've always understood it was Matthew328's site. He should clear this up.:)
I do remember that our donations didn't mean we had a stake in this BB. It was posted and I hope the thread that pertained to this can be refreshed.

shellman54
08-25-2005, 10:20 PM
What, no stock options?

LH Panther Mom
08-25-2005, 10:57 PM
Hupernikomen, I've always understood it was Matthew328's site. He should clear this up.:)
I do remember that our donations didn't mean we had a stake in this BB. It was posted and I hope the thread that pertained to this can be refreshed.

Just for you, SF. :) Not sure if that's what you were referring to, though.
donations (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=22348&highlight=donations)

Gobbla2001
08-25-2005, 11:29 PM
I came up with the name... does that count???

44INAROW
08-25-2005, 11:36 PM
I forgot I need to make 44inarow's sig. Thanks.:)

I went to the EXTREME to remind you didn't I?? ROFL ROFL just kidding SF :D :D :D

Matthew328
08-26-2005, 12:19 AM
Let me clear some things up...

1. I do not own this site..you all do

2. I never you said you coudn't post links to other site...just other competing sites....ie another 3A site

3. yes I post stickies for TPX because I work for them

4. anyone from other websites can post links.....I have never stopped anyone from texashsfootball.com or texpreps.com from posting a link

5. I did not make fun of other posters in a thread....I did say HighSchoolFootball was out of line for basically challenging Diggs to a fight because Diggs called him an idiot.....HSF has been taking shots at Diggs all summer and Diggs hasn't said anything so now when Diggs says something HSF throws a coniption fit...I called him on it...I said he could dish it but couldn't take it...

6. Keith why don't you take a look at your posts on here and tell me how much you have brought to the table lately other than talking bad about people and saying how much things suck etc. bring something worthwhile to the table and you'll be missed...you used to post good thought and opinions...

If you decide to never post it was nice to have you but the site will go on

mustang04
08-26-2005, 01:45 AM
Deuces and you will not be missed

HighSchool Fan
08-26-2005, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328

1. I do not own this site..you all do

2. I never you said you coudn't post links to other site...just other competing sites....ie another 3A site

3. yes I post stickies for TPX because I work for them

4. anyone from other websites can post links.....I have never stopped anyone from texashsfootball.com or texpreps.com from posting a link

5. I did not make fun of other posters in a thread....I did say HighSchoolFootball was out of line for basically challenging Diggs to a fight because Diggs called him an idiot.....HSF has been taking shots at Diggs all summer and Diggs hasn't said anything so now when Diggs says something HSF throws a coniption fit...I called him on it...I said he could dish it but couldn't take it...

6. Keith why don't you take a look at your posts on here and tell me how much you have brought to the table lately other than talking bad about people and saying how much things suck etc. bring something worthwhile to the table and you'll be missed...you used to post good thought and opinions...

If you decide to never post it was nice to have you but the site will go on

little mattie diggs, i can take it, i don't listen to his sorry show. as i said, if he has something to say, say it to me, that's all. he could of even put it out on his little webite so someone has a chance to rebuttle him. but not him, he wants to hide behind his little microphone so no one can question him on anything. i thought you was one that could understand that, but i guess he found your price.

Matthew328
08-26-2005, 06:59 AM
Like I said HSF, you are giving the impression of someone who can dish out barbs but can't take them.....you have taken shots at Diggs for weeks and yet he didn't say anything....as soon as he says something about it you throw a fit...

You don't like Diggs and thats fine.....you are more than entitled to your opinion...but don't act all offended and shocked when someone fires back after they've been thrown under the bus for weeks and weeks...and by the way I am really surprised at your lack of maturity you are showing with your "say it my face" attitude...what is that all about??

My question is you have been the one taking shots at Matt all summer why haven't you been the one to come at him and say something to him? He posts where he going to be every week....I could easily turn your immature argument around on you....remember you are the one who originally didn't like him and you are the one who has been taking the pot shots....why haven't you taken things into your hands and "said it to Diggs in his face?" Instead of "hiding behind your keyboard"

See how immature I sound?? I am basically throwing the same argument you have been using out...like I said you wanna take potshots at people don't expect them to sit around and not say anything...I certianly wouldn't

HighSchool Fan
08-26-2005, 07:06 AM
Like I said HSF, you are giving the impression of someone who can dish out barbs but can't take them.....you have taken shots at Diggs for weeks and yet he didn't say anything....as soon as he says something about it you throw a fit...

You don't like Diggs and thats fine.....you are more than entitled to your opinion...but don't act all offended and shocked when someone fires back after they've been thrown under the bus for weeks and weeks...and by the way I am really surprised at your lack of maturity you are showing with your "say it my face" attitude...what is that all about??

My question is you have been the one taking shots at Matt all summer why haven't you been the one to come at him and say something to him? He posts where he going to be every week....I could easily turn your immature argument around on you....remember you are the one who originally didn't like him and you are the one who has been taking the pot shots....why haven't you taken things into your hands and "said it to Diggs in his face?" Instead of "hiding behind your keyboard"

See how immature I sound?? I am basically throwing the same argument you have been using out...like I said you wanna take potshots at people don't expect them to sit around and not say anything...I certianly wouldn't

i've never seen where he said he's gonna be at. i don't hang on his every word he says like a few of his sheep do. what he had to say, he could of said where someone could of had something to say back. he chose not to. he was hiding on his little show where no one could talk back to him. take off the blinders for a change. on another note, i commend you on being a good little soldier. md should be really proud of lmd.

TexasHSFootball
08-26-2005, 07:06 AM
Ok I normally stay out of these spats and don't want any part of them but let me clear up a couple things myself...

1. Matt328 has never shown any disrespect nor hate towards me anywhere or any place.

2. I very rarely and do not post links to my own site out of respect for everyone on this board and out of respect to Matt.

3. Like Matt says, the posters and contributors to this site are the ones who own this site.

4. Just so there is clarification, Matt respects me and my work just as I respect him and his work. While I may not like other unnamed admins of TPX, I do respect them and their passion.

Thank you!

Matthew328
08-26-2005, 07:11 AM
OK HSF......whatever you say....I'm not going to stoop down to your level right now and plus I have to go to work...you think what you want and that is fine....I am not in business of arguing opinions......just facts and well you have proven a few facts to me....

You don't like the work we do at TPX that's fine too....it doesn't bother me one bit....

HighSchool Fan
08-26-2005, 07:19 AM
OK HSF......whatever you say....I'm not going to stoop down to your level right now and plus I have to go to work...you think what you want and that is fine....I am not in business of arguing opinions......just facts and well you have proven a few facts to me....

You don't like the work we do at TPX that's fine too....it doesn't bother me one bit....

think what you want to think, i've never said anything about you until you started running your mouth. you are the one that chose the level between you and i, but i'm sure you will deny that also. just remember, you work with a disease for certain lenght of time and soon it starts to affect you.

Hupernikomen
08-26-2005, 08:15 AM

Clarify this please matt. I am a bit confused. I don't care what you do with your site. Call it ours if you want but you have the button and pay the bills, I appreciate the service you facilitate for us. However, I am sick and tired of the bickering over TPX. The venom some people spread is shameful. We need to clear the air once and for all about what can be done.

How I read the above two points is that people who work/moderate at other sites are free to post links to their site, but people who don't work/moderate at competing sites should not post link to competing sites.

All I know is hopefully after tonight we will have plenty of football to chat about ..

LH Panther Mom
08-26-2005, 08:23 AM
All I know is hopefully after tonight we will have plenty of football to chat about ..

I gave you some to talk about today. ;)

ProducerBilly
08-26-2005, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
think what you want to think, i've never said anything about you until you started running your mouth. you are the one that chose the level between you and i, but i'm sure you will deny that also. just remember, you work with a disease for certain lenght of time and soon it starts to affect you.

I'm having lunch with Little Matt right now and he said, you can post any link you want as long as its not a competing 3A site.

As for the bickering that HSF is bringing up, I too am sick of it. I just don't understand why if you don't like it, you can't just shut up about it and move on. If its ... well nevermind I'm done with it too.

IHStangFan
08-26-2005, 01:06 PM
"making fun of" .....LOL!!!

you HAVE to be an only child

WOS1
08-26-2005, 03:26 PM
Smell ya!!! :clap:

I like TPX because almost every post is about football...:D

Pmoney
08-26-2005, 05:23 PM
you and your posts will be missed

Matthew328
08-26-2005, 05:49 PM
I never intended to bring up anything from TPX that happened between HSF and Diggs.....what happens there usually stays there....but when Keith decided to throw me under the bus I gotta step in and call it how I see it which is what I did......I am still going to post links because what I post I feel is good info that people are interested in....if people choose not to view the info that is fine its their perogative.....

HighSchool Fan
08-26-2005, 11:13 PM
I never intended to bring up anything from TPX that happened between HSF and Diggs.....what happens there usually stays there....but when Keith decided to throw me under the bus I gotta step in and call it how I see it which is what I did......I am still going to post links because what I post I feel is good info that people are interested in....if people choose not to view the info that is fine its their perogative.....

so keith throws you under the bus and you call me out, that there shows some smarts on your part. like i said, let me and md handle this, we, or atleast i, don't need your help.

AggieJohn
08-30-2005, 01:11 PM
keith was my biggest competition for post numbers

JasperDog94
08-30-2005, 01:30 PM
Man...what has the down low come to?:( :( :(

AggieJohn
08-30-2005, 01:31 PM
just pure sex, drugs, and rock and roll

IHStangFan
08-30-2005, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
just pure sex, drugs, and rock and roll LOL

AggieJohn.....see this thread please..noticed you were from FB...

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33200

Bullaholic
08-30-2005, 01:32 PM
It is sometimes better to let "sleeping" dogs lie, AJ....

District303aPastPlayer
03-21-2006, 04:23 PM
:wave:

injuredinmelee
03-21-2006, 04:41 PM
wow you did a weird thing bringing this back up, and thats why i love you.

HighSchool Fan
03-21-2006, 04:50 PM
wow you did a weird thing bringing this back up, and thats why i love you.

just a friendly warning Injured, he has been know to brag about having man-crushes before. i'm sure you don't wanna be on that list.

AggieJohn
03-21-2006, 06:34 PM
man crushes.......heck i've got two or three

Gobbla2001
03-21-2006, 06:54 PM
What is really funny about bringing this up is that Keith7 said it was his last post, and he has had many since...

What a liar, teasing us like that and all...

SintonFan
03-21-2006, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
just a friendly warning Injured, he has been know to brag about having man-crushes before. i'm sure you don't wanna be on that list.
Jealousy rears it's ugly head. Hey A-playa, please tell HSFan you like his posts, he's feeling lonely again.:doh:

texasprepxtra
03-21-2006, 11:07 PM
Man I hate the things I miss when my computer has problems.

For the record I have NEVER EVER put any restrictions on what Matt can and cannot do with his site. There are no strings attached to his working for us. Also for the record he does one heck of a job and is one of the best persons I have ever had working for me on the site or at my real job.

I have only crossed paths with one person on THF and I had no problem with that site until they started making personal attacks on me. I had not even heard of them until that happened.

My personal thoughts on each site is this. Each one has their own niche out their in the football world that they cover. We try to cover the entire state and provide free coverage for newspapers in the state and promote players and coaches in the state. We work with a whole bunch of college coaches and promote Texas high school football players to them and hopefully we help connect a player with a college or two.

As for the personal bickering, I could care less about it. I have a full-time job plus the websites and a personal life commanding my time. I don't want to spend my time responding to personnel attacks on myself but if you throw the gauntlet down I will pick it up and slap you accross the face with it.

Alan Zepeda
Managing Editor
www.texasprepxtra.com
Texas' number one high school football website!