PDA

View Full Version : SLPYBEAR ROFL @ Innocuous Thread and Disgruntled Posters

slpybear the bullfan
08-24-2005, 10:58 PM
Allow me to chime in... (and not on page 6 or 7...)

My name is Slpybear... I am a Moderator on this board. I am the lurking type... posting only when I get a wild hair. Most people even forget I am a mod here. But I do my part to take care of business as well as RangerMom, LHPMom, and Sinton66. And we all serve at the discretion of Matthew328... the "GOD" of the 3A downlow.

This whole innocuous thread bit and "Someone Loathes Sinton" bit is highly entertaining. I am enjoying reading about some members who feel that the mods on this board are heavy handed.

The mods on this board were asked to serve and to promote a type of board envisioned by Matthew328... It is meant to be a place where you can talk up football and whatever else your heart desires as long as it isn't politics. The rules of the board are an attempt to frame that vision up in sentences that we all can understand.

It is not a Church board, although we like to keep the atmosphere pretty clean.

It is not a pure trash board, although we like have our "pep talks" prior to games from time to time.

It is not a board to simulate a 6th grade lockeroom 24-7, although we like to share our jokes from time to time.

It is not a board that is looking to break # of Member or # of post records, but it has a respectable 1500+ members and 32,000+ threads with about 365000 posts.

In short, it is a board that is meant to be fun and appeal to the Vast Majority of HSFootball Fans, not one particular sliver who want to impose their will on the board. The moderators do our part to keep the board aligned to this.

Each year, we have people complain about the Rules of the board, how they are enforced, and how different mods do their jobs. And each year, some tell us they will leave. And each year, many, many more tell us how much they like what they find. And the net result of the membership list is that it grows a little more.

I heartily suggest that if this board is not loose enough for you, leave. If the moderators of this board drive you crazy, leave. If the board is not run just like the billion boards you may frequent or moderate, leave. In the end it is a simple matter of choice... and it is yours to make: enjoy our board and how it is... or find a place where you can be happy.

Sorry to sound so patronizing, but I wanted to put my piece in.

pirate4state
08-24-2005, 11:03 PM
http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/lisaann/bravo12.gif Awesome post!!!

PhiI C
08-24-2005, 11:05 PM
Magnificient!! :clap:

Ranger Mom
08-24-2005, 11:06 PM
That was beautiful!!

Ranger05
08-24-2005, 11:20 PM
well said slpybear

AggieJohn
08-24-2005, 11:31 PM
i am just wondering who's going to start the "how many are going to get banned" thread for this year

bullfrog_alumni_02
08-25-2005, 02:15 AM
reminds me of friday night lights when preacher finally breaks his silence in the movie and goes off on the team. very well put.

pirate44
08-25-2005, 05:11 AM
my sentiments exactly. :clap:

and by the way, the "Somebody LOATHES Sinton" thread was a big hijack job.

MARLINDOGS
08-25-2005, 05:22 AM
Great post.:clap: :clap:

LH Panther Mom
08-25-2005, 07:02 AM
Great job, Slpy! I couldn't have said it better. :clap: :clap:

Owen B
08-25-2005, 07:26 AM
I didn’t intend to encourage the griping that followed my "Innocuous Thread" post. I didn't even think of it as a complaint, but rather as an observation that might be worth considering. That sinton66 reopened the “Stickies” thread and that Matthew brought it to the top and responded to it straightforwardly and sensibly raised my respect for both of them, which wasn’t lacking to start with. All five of you do a good job, in my opinion.