PDA

View Full Version : very sad story...

CHS_CG
08-24-2005, 12:47 PM
A 36-year-old Robertson County Sheriff's deputy is dead this evening after an early morning three-vehicle accident.

Deputy Michael Bancroft was headed home to Bremond after work when his unmarked car was hit head on by an 18 wheeler. It happened just after 1:30 Tuesday morning near Reagan in Falls County.

"It appears he traveled into oncoming lane of traffic. But then at some point re-entered into his lane of traffic and that's where he hit the 18 wheeler head on," says Trooper T.J. Remington with the Texas Department of Transportation out of Falls County.

The driver of the 18 wheeler got out and asked Bancroft if he was ok. He said he was. When the driver went to his rig to call for help, a second 18 wheeler hit Bancroft's car, killing him on impact.

Bancroft leaves behind a wife and three young children.

"I would describe him as a big man with a big heart," says Robertson County Sheriff Gerald Yezak.

Bancroft's two loves were children and law enforcement. For the past few years, he'd worked for the Agriplex Drug Task Force out of McLennan County. The Franklin graduate also served as a DARE officer, helping keep kids away from drugs.

"Michael was extremely dedicated as a narcotics officer and he did approach his job with a passion and he did very well at it," says Sheriff Yezak.

CHS_CG
08-24-2005, 12:48 PM
The thing that gets me the most is that he was alive after the first 18 wheeler hit him, i could not even begin to think what was goin through his head when he saw the 2nd one coming at him.

shellman54
08-24-2005, 01:08 PM
Did the 2nd one not even see him? Was he in his vehicle, or standing by it?

Fish's mom
08-24-2005, 02:11 PM
Sad news this site is filled with alot of it today. May God bless him and his family.

CHS_CG
08-24-2005, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by shellman54
Did the 2nd one not even see him? Was he in his vehicle, or standing by it?

he was trapped in his car.

AP Panther Fan
08-24-2005, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Fish's mom
Sad news this site is filled with alot of it today. May God bless him and his family.

I echo that! I pray that God gives a tremendous amount of strength to his loved ones.