PDA

View Full Version : no discipline coaches

rholl
05-12-2003, 09:41 AM
I hear tales of a coach "going light" on an athlete with football skills just to keep him on the field. So far getting to miss practices, barely in school. I think this is a crying shame for the rest of the kids involved in the program. I think this is one of the quickest ways to divide a team. I can understand a coach trying to get some quick wins (1st yr at this school) but geez at what point doesn't it cross the mind that something is wrong here?????

whtfbplaya
05-12-2003, 12:49 PM
I agree

Bandera YaYa
05-13-2003, 09:39 AM
.....Tales? Football players in Texas schools are treated like royalty, and you know it! There is no other sport played that enjoys a larger crowd or more support from it's community, hands down. Case in point, this web site....football is disected here 12 months out of the year...not basketball and not baseball.

I agree with you, but I don't think it's ever going to change.

rholl
05-13-2003, 10:29 AM
I agree....but more like what I'm talking about is the ONE player that gets the preferential treatment while all the others go through the rigors. When the players are commenting about it to each other and other coaches on the staff aren't happy about it that can't be a good thing.

Bandera YaYa
05-13-2003, 05:09 PM
YEP..and that's not preparing that kid for the real world!!!!

bc 76
05-14-2003, 07:23 PM
WHTFBPLYA you saw this first hand where you played right.