PDA

View Full Version : Analysis for Liberty Hill vs. Burnet

LH_PANTHER
11-02-2002, 10:08 PM
Lets hear some analysis for this game. Please, no trash talking. If you feel the need to talk trash start another thread. I just want to hear what people think will be the keys to this huge matchup. I think LH will have to play their best game to win this one. Since I haven't seen Burnet yet this year I don't know what kind of game they will have to play to win. LH will need to control the ball and run the clock down. If LH can do that, I think they can win. LH must keep Burnet's big plays to a minimum. I know Burnet will get some big plays here and there, they have too much fire power to contain all game long. LH will also need some breaks here and there. The thing that killed LH last year was Shipley with the punt and kickoff returns. LH will have to control the kicks, probably by kicking it out of bounds. Burnet has probably seen that a lot this year already and are expecting that. I believe that if LH can play smart and limit their mistakes they can win this game. It should be a good one. So lets hear what everybody else thinks and please no trash talking. I want just good football talk, with good sportsmanship. The kids for both teams read this board so lets give them a good example of sportsmanship. Thanks.

BurnetBulldog
11-02-2002, 10:19 PM
Keys for the game for each team are as follows.

Burnet
- Establish the running game early as Shipley will be keyed on and possibly double covered.

- As the running game gets started this should open up the passing to Shipley and other receivers.

- Be ready for trick plays (Onsides kicks, fake fourth down punts, etc.)

- Contain the RB from LH

Liberty Hill
- Establish your running game.

- Ball control, use the clock up and keep Burnet's D out on the field.

- Do not focus on any one player on Burnet. Play good solid D and try not to make mistakes.

- Don't be overly aggressive on D as flags will dig you in deeper.

- Do not turnover the football. You need mistake free ball.

These are the key components for each team to do well. We'll see how well they do to accomplish each of these this Friday. Good luck to both.

Go Dawgs!

<small>[ November 02, 2002, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: BurnetBulldog ]</small>

greendog fan
11-02-2002, 10:50 PM
If you watched the Texas and Nebraska game, you seen a preview of the Burnet LH game.Neb. 320yrds rushing and not much passing. Texas 498yds, good mix of run and pass. Neb. waited till the end when they had to pass and look what happened.

LH_PANTHER
11-02-2002, 10:53 PM
GreenDog- I was thinking the same thing, when I was watching the game.

29x281
11-02-2002, 11:35 PM
From Burnet's perspective:

Burnet's linebackers and DTs need to have a good game. Against the hide-and-seek offense that LH runs, they'll need to play their keys better than they did against Wimberley, react quickly, and be sure tacklers. I look for Burnet coaches to bring the FS closer to the line of scrimmage and dare LH to throw at the corners, who will be locked in man coverage.

The 2 corners, of course, are probably the 2 best WRs in the district. If it comes down to LH having to throw the ball, advantage Burnet.

On offense, Burnet's OL vs. LH's DL is the key. Can LH get pressure without blitzing? We'll see. If they do have to blitz, then Miller goes from being merely dangerous to being absolutely deadly. On the other hand, if they can't get pressure and McGee is allowed to stand, observe, and throw, then Burnet will score 40+.

Some LH posters have claimed they intend to play Shipley very physically. We'll see. Such a tactic would require one man up with one man deep, but in my opinion, Burnet's other weapons are simply too dangerous to devote 2 players to Shipley. Maybe you shade the S over, I can buy that. But playing Shipley bump and run with limited S help is a recipe for disaster.

And then there's Burnet's newfound option/QB draw game, featuring the improved running of McGee. He's a big, physical kid for 3A, and pretty fast too. So if you have Shipley, Miller, Warner, Love, and Templeton covered, here comes McGee running over the LBs up the middle.

Conclusions: LH cannot match up with Burnet's athletes on offense. They'll need turnovers, penalties from Burnet, and most importantly a strong game from their offense to stay in it. If LH is to win, they'll have to score at least 30 points and then hope for help from Burnet.

BurnetBulldog
11-02-2002, 11:37 PM
Dear god I don't need to have a heartattache this early in life. I can handle the UT game being close but if Ithe Burnet/LH game is as crazy as the finish of the UT/Neb game I won't survive. Is 30 too young to have a break down? ;-)

espn1
11-02-2002, 11:41 PM
Mason Templeton will be the key component to Burnet's victory. Theres no way you can double team Shipley and cover the rest of Burnet's receivers. Burnet's tight end routes have really been kicking in the last couple of weeks. Templeton is doing a great job opening up the offense for the other deadly three. This coupled by a few screens will keep LH's Blitzing to a minimum, thus establishing the ground game which will allow Shipley to run his routes and get open. I just can’t see Burnet losing this game. I’m just stating my opinion, not try to cause trouble. The key for LH to win is for McGee not to be in the game.

spaniard
11-02-2002, 11:42 PM
hehe, i would hope that you wouldnt have a breakdown, no fun.

spaniard
11-02-2002, 11:47 PM
espn1:
...The key for LH to win is for McGee not to be in the game.lh, please dont take this as an open invitation to try and kill mcgee, not cool. :D

BurnetBulldog
11-03-2002, 12:41 AM
I don't think LH is going to try to make a statement that way by hurting any player. There may have been talk by fans on here (hopefully no fb players.) about hurting Shipley. But honestly they should worry about the entire team not just one or two people.

spaniard
11-03-2002, 12:44 AM
i wasnt necessarily saying that anyone would, i was kinda being a smart alec with that last post, but for someone to intentionally hurt another player is crap anyways.

BurnetBulldog
11-03-2002, 12:46 AM
I agree with that Spaniard. Hopefully this is a very hard fought CLEAN game on both sides. I want to see the best damn HS football game and I'm guessing both teams will fight it out come Friday.

spaniard
11-03-2002, 12:49 AM
yessir

LH_PANTHER
11-03-2002, 10:59 AM
No one from Liberty Hill will intentionally try to hurt anybody from Burnet. Our guys will come out hard and play a good clean game. Our players are not like that and will expect the same from Burnet.

espn1
11-03-2002, 11:12 AM
I shouldn't have left a post so open ended like that. I wasn't implying that LH should try to take out Burnet or visa versa. I know both teams are coached to play clean ball. I just meant that component needed not to be there for LH to win. Obviously it will.

pirate4state
11-05-2002, 10:43 AM
This is a great example of what all threads should look like on this site! Hats off to the Burnet/Liberty Hill fans. Good Luck to both teams!

hotstuff
11-05-2002, 10:57 AM
After LH's season opener with Caldwell, many Caldwell fans were upset with the 34-27 loss after leading 12-0 at the half because we really didn't think the program at LH could have come that far, but I have to hand it to the Panthers. They never looked back and that's why they are where they are and I think it's great. A win over Burnet would really make a statement. If you fight back like you did in that first game vs. Caldwell, anything is possible. Good luck.

BURNETBULLDOG66
11-05-2002, 11:24 AM
I think it would be great for Burnet to beat Liberty Hill in Liberty Hill!! What would be more better? Last year we stomped Liberty Hill and I had the best seat in the house..I was on the d-line!! Burnet didnt lose many seniors and one of the reasons LH is doing so good is b/c other teams lost so many seniors.I do give it to them for beating a good team in Bandera. But they are not the better team by far. It is gonna be another easy game for Burnet 42 Liberty Hill 7!!

BURNETBULLDOG66
11-05-2002, 11:25 AM
I think it would be great for Burnet to beat Liberty Hill in Liberty Hill!! What would be more better? Last year we stomped Liberty Hill and I had the best seat in the house..I was on the d-line!! Burnet didnt lose many seniors and one of the reasons LH is doing so good is b/c other teams lost so many seniors. Burnet is the same team and it will practically be the same game. I do give it to them for beating a good team in Bandera. But they are not the better team by far. It is gonna be another easy game for Burnet 42 Liberty Hill 7!!