PDA

View Full Version : Stickies

kepdawg
08-23-2005, 02:06 PM
It's bad enough that I have to put up with TPX stickies and now there is a big flag in the middle of them!

Is there any way to get rid of the TPX ad's and the flag or am I stuck with them?

District303aPastPlayer
08-23-2005, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
It's bad enough that I have to put up with TPX stickies and now there is a big flag in the middle of them!

Is there any way to get rid of the TPX ad's and the flag or am I stuck with them?

i think we are stuck with em.. the TPX ads can go... i think we should leave the flag one..

kepdawg
08-23-2005, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
i think we are stuck with em.. the TPX ads can go... i think we should leave the flag one..

I don't mind the flag thread, just not to fond of the flag in the thread title.

Maybe we could have one TPX sticky titled TPX ads and put all of them in one place?

Okay I better shut up before I'm shut up!

3afan
08-23-2005, 02:37 PM
don't push it - some have been ROM'd for less .....

kepdawg
08-23-2005, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
don't push it - some have been ROM'd for less .....

That's why I said I was shutting up.

HighSchool Fan
08-23-2005, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer

i remember when the sticky's had important info, good stuff about the DL or scores from that days games or info on the shirt last year. now there's to much clutter there, although i do like the flag up there.

Keith7
08-23-2005, 03:15 PM
Texas prep xtra sucks and shouldn't be advertised on here.. other websites are not allowed to advertise; why is that one any different??

mwynn05
08-23-2005, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Texas prep xtra sucks and shouldn't be advertised on here.. other websites are not allowed to advertise; why is that one any different?? Because mat works there

HighSchool Fan
08-23-2005, 03:32 PM
Texas prep xtra sucks and shouldn't be advertised on here.. other websites are not allowed to advertise; why is that one any different??

you crack me up sometimes:D

Ranger Mom
08-23-2005, 04:15 PM
I didnt' even know the pic of the flag was even on the sticky thread. I made the thread and made it a "sticky", I have no clue how the pic of the flag got there.

I didn't even know we COULD do that!!:eek:

I wish we mods had different colors for stickies per moderator!

Mine would be a soothing blue!!

Bullaholic
08-23-2005, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I didnt' even know the pic of the flag was even on the sticky thread. I made the thread and made it a "sticky", I have no clue how the pic of the flag got there.

You put anything you want up there, RM---including the "scalps" of those who don't like it. :D

shellman54
08-23-2005, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

i wonder if its like in messages, you use the vb code, and it does it.

3afan
08-23-2005, 06:27 PM

wow - i agree w/ keith !!!!! :eek:

AggieJohn
08-24-2005, 12:25 AM
guys might i remind you that this is matt's baby, his original idea, none of you would even know of the 'low had he not created it. if he wants to go and be a pampered chef consultant he can advertise it all he wants on here...it's his car, he just allows you to comment and look it

TexasHSFootball
08-24-2005, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
guys might i remind you that this is matt's baby, his original idea, none of you would even know of the 'low had he not created it. if he wants to go and be a pampered chef consultant he can advertise it all he wants on here...it's his car, he just allows you to comment and look it

FYI,
Matt did NOT create 3ADL. Bearcat1 and Gobbla did. and also, these stickies get on my nerves too! :mad:

Owen B
08-24-2005, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I don't mind the flag thread, just not to fond of the flag in the thread title.
Use Mozilla Firefox and the Adblock extension, and you can block ads, images, etc. I saw the flag in the title, right-clicked it, Adblocked it, and I don't see it anymore.

sinton66
08-24-2005, 08:04 AM
Hopefully, you folks won't mind if I pass on a wee suggestion. If it really bothers you all that much, I suggest you take it up with Matthew via the pm function, not in an open thread.

pirate4state
08-24-2005, 02:56 PM

AP Panther Fan
08-24-2005, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

:D

Matthew328
08-24-2005, 11:27 PM
Sorry the stickies bother you guys....but they are gonna stay.....TPX gave me free advertising for 2 years before I started working for them....so the least I can do is put up some stickies....you can think what you want about TPX...it doesn't bother me...I know the work we do over there is second to none....I won't even get into it but name another site that has their rankings run in 65 newspapers....enough said

And yes if you have something to say about the stickies I post feel free to PM me

kepdawg
08-24-2005, 11:59 PM
Thanks Matt. Although I would prefer not to have the stickies, I really don't mind them. I certainly have no problems with you or TPX. I do think it looks better not having the flag pic next to the flag sticky. I'm sorry for any trouble I may have caused on the board. Thanks for all your hard work!

Matthew328
08-25-2005, 01:20 AM
It is no trouble.....

Phantom Stang
08-26-2005, 02:00 PM
This site is free of charge to use, has no pop-ups, no annoying "click here & win a prize" ads, and I've never caught it loading a bit of spyware on my system.

So, why some of y'all want to bitch and moan about a few stickies is beyond me. Also, just what's the problem with a picture of the State Bound Flag being on a thread title? Matt could use it as the site logo for all I care.

KingRob
08-26-2005, 04:10 PM
Here, here phantom stang...well said....