PDA

View Full Version : Newton Tailback Toddrick Pendland 2303 yards, 32 TDs maybe best Texas HS running back

Old Cardinal
08-22-2005, 09:44 PM
All State Toddrick Pendland will join All Stater LB Drew Johnson as they try to control the scrimmage at Bridge City this Thursday at 7:30 pm. Terrance Freeman a tight end of renoun will look for an All State honor this season also. Freeman just blows holes for Eagle backs at 6' 2" and 220 lbs. He is noted for his quickness.
Bridge City will counter with Johnny Dishon at QB who averaged 6.9 yards per carry. Also, Dale Armand a running back carried for 7.1 yards per carry. These stats have to be tempered with the fact that all of the 3A teams played last preseason ended up in the playoffs(Silsbee, Jasper, Liberty and Kirbyville).
Newton is being considered a walkin by many for the 2A State Championship this season. It will be fun watching Pendland who is considered one of the best athletes from across Texas.

Hupernikomen
08-22-2005, 11:01 PM
walkin for state? who you been talking to besides people from up 87?

Pendland on the other hand is a tremendous talent and will put up huge numbers again this year.

Newton will go very far again, but I don't if there is any such thing as a walkin. Jasper folk learned that lesson the hard way.

MARLINDOGS
08-23-2005, 06:25 AM
Newton has a really good team.And the running back will have another great season.

duckbutter
08-23-2005, 08:36 AM
Newton looks really balanced this yr with a big play rb and the ability to hook up on the deep ball. Pendland looks stronger, faster and more explosive than he did last yr. The defense is what impressed me the most at the Kirbyville scrimmage. All I can say is WOW. They fly to the ball and really bring the wood when they get there. This should be a really good year for us but you never know what other team is lurking out there to take you down a notch and I'm sure there will be plenty of them trying.:D

Old Cardinal
08-23-2005, 09:26 AM
Well 14 votes for first is almost awesome!
Yes they lost 17-14 last year in the final game--but I don't think that will happen again.

Hupernikomen
08-23-2005, 07:57 PM
and you didn't think it would happen then.

there are no "shoe-ins"

I too believe they will win it all. Their defense could rival any in 3A year in and year out, and now with that kinda weapon on offense..man oh man..maybe I agree with you after all OC.

98Eagle
08-24-2005, 07:02 PM
Just think what Penland's numbers could have been if Barbay kept him in the game all four quarters in the district games.

wannabgobbler08
08-24-2005, 08:18 PM
Emmanuel Moody is the coldest. He was in Sports Illustrated as the tailback for the NATIONAL team!!