PDA

View Full Version : Battle of the Bell!!!

Johnny Utah
08-22-2005, 09:29 PM
Hands down the best rivalry in 3a football!!!!!!!!!!!!! No matter the records, these two teams always put on a show. Tigers vs. the Yoemen!!!

rockdale80
08-23-2005, 04:17 AM
Without a doubt.....

rockdale80
08-23-2005, 05:31 PM
Guess noone else agrees with us Johnny.....Guess they just don't know about the rivalry...

Gobbla2001
08-23-2005, 05:37 PM
I've never seen the game.... haven't seen a lot of other 3A rivalries either...

So all I can say is that it is a good nomination...

Wouldn't go calling it the 'best' without seeing some of the others...

But from what I've heard, it seems to be 'one' of the best...

Johnny Utah
08-23-2005, 07:50 PM
All I can say is fanatical!!! T-shirts are made, special editions of the papers are made, people from both towns(16 miles apart) make bets, etc..... Best thing is, no matter the records, no matter the district standings, no matter the weather, it is the MUST SEE GAME of the YEAR in Milam county and the surrounding area!!!

CHS_CG
08-23-2005, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
All I can say is fanatical!!! T-shirts are made, special editions of the papers are made, people from both towns(16 miles apart) make bets, etc..... Best thing is, no matter the records, no matter the district standings, no matter the weather, it is the MUST SEE GAME of the YEAR in Milam county and the surrounding area!!!

I Have never got to see a battle of the bell game but I have heard about them on and on, I used to date a guy from Rockdale and when that game came around he was all about gettin the bell!

Old Tiger
08-23-2005, 08:20 PM
I believe in '76 when Rockdale won state they lost to the Yoe early in the season then beat them in playoffs. Or something of that nature.

theyoefnshow
08-23-2005, 09:33 PM
not possible. ROckdale won state in 2A and Cameron has always been 3A. I do think that they beat us pretty handidly that year though.